Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

14' Draft Prospect V2: Mack that, give jeezla some more
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: 14' Draft Prospect V2: Mack that, give jeezla some more Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
Can we draft Odell Beckham Jr.?

I'd be okay with this.

I either want him or Vic Beasley in the first if we make the playoffs and Foles is the guy.

Vic is just a speed rusher, I am not a huge fan of him honestly. He is a Bruce Irvin/Damontre Moore type pass rusher IMO.

You're kidding yourself if you think Irvin isn't an impact player and speed rushers aren't arguably the second most important position in football. You can teach secondary pass rush moves...You can't teach speed, length, and freakish athletic ability.

Moore wishes he had Beasley's speed and explosion. Theres a reason despite the off field issues Irvin was a top 15 pick and an impact pass rusher right away.

I think Vic has a place on a lot of teams, I just don't think he is right for us. We need a more versatile OLB who can set the edge and make plays. I can see his value, but a speed rusher really is a luxury, one that we can't afford at this point.

I greatly disagree, a stud pass rusher is exaclty what we need. Barwin has done fine setting the edge on the strongside, Trent Cole has been fine on the weakside and we can find other players as a 2 down run defender. We're good on the inside at linebacker, we're good along the DL, and we're good at corner despite the disdain for Cary Williams, he's an upgrade on what we had last season and an talented pass rusher would make him better. We could use a FS, but outside of HCD there really isn't any worthwhile prospects at that position.

Also some of the NFL's best pass rushers we're bad against the run early on and were only nickel rushers. Look at Trent Cole, he was awful his first year or 2 against the run before becoming a stud in his 3rd season. Aldon Smith and Terrell Suggs were both only nickel rushers early in their careers before developing strength and mass to be tougher against the run. If he can come in and give you 8 sacks as a nickel rusher thats a huge lift on the defense.

I aree we need a pass rusher, but I would like a more balanced type. One that doesn't have to run past the OT to get the sack. Vic is very weak up top and he has no power moves at all. He is a classic speed rusher, something I don't think we need.

Bring up Aldon and Suggs helps my argument I feel. Both of them were much more physical rushers at Mizzou and ASU then Vic has ever been at Clemson. Suggs was really never a speed rusher, he has always been a guy who used his size and physicality to get after the QB. Aldon has the speed element, but he has always been able to bull rush as well.

Both were also top 10 picks. You want an all around rusher ready made outside of the top 10? Good luck with that one, because it isn't happening for the most part. You develop those guys if your drafting after 18. Cole is a good example, look at DeMarcus Ware coming out of Troy was a speed guy who developed, same with Dwight Freeney. If you have a special skill that can't be taught such as an elite speed rush, it sets everything else up and makes development easier.

The fact is we're lacking a stud pass rusher, and Beasley can be that. I could care less about how you get to the QB as long as you get there. All the other stuff is relative. If you feel you have the coaches to develop his secondary rush moves in addition to that stud speed rush, then you take him. If you believe in the player then believe in your coaches to get the best out of him.

True, just the bust rate of speed rushers is way higher because a lot of them are just one trick ponies. Offenses can neutralize players that can only do one thing really well and take advantage of them. I agree that we need a pass rusher badly, and I do agree that Vic has potential. But a guy like Mack would be a better fit IMO. But as you pointed out, he may not be available depending on where we pick.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been framed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is James. I didn't know you guys liked me so much! Never been honoured in a thread title before <3

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
I've been framed.

What have you done.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow AZ you think you're so cool cause you start threads? Drop the ego man, just because you know how to make a thread doesn't mean you can tell me about which prospects are good or not

~Bird Watch 2014 | Mark "The Sanchize" Sanchez~
202 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 89.6 Passer Rating
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Wow AZ you think you're so cool cause you start threads? Drop the ego man, just because you know how to make a thread doesn't mean you can tell me about which prospects are good or not

I knew this would happen. WHY ME!?!?!?!

Phire wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
I've been framed.

What have you done.

It was you, I know it Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, at this point we're all agreed that if Nick Foles keeps this up we don't need a QB, right?

PS - Really keep an eye on Kony Ealy of Missouri.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
So, at this point we're all agreed that if Nick Foles keeps this up we don't need a QB, right?

Wasn't there an internet campaign to stop him from abductin...nevermind wrong Kony.

But yes, if Foles keeps this up no need for an early QB. I wouldn't mind Guiton in the mid rounds though, really like his talent.

I think we need one of OLB/WR/DB in the first personally even though Cooper has balled out lately.
Meco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've really got my heart set on a pass rusher. There are a lot of really good ones who could potentially be in this class. I think Jadeveon Clowney, Anthony Barr, Khalil Mack, DeMarcus Lawrence, Kony Ealy and Vic Beasley are all first round talents.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Kenny G as a better pro than Miller

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
willy_law

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:

Yeah I wouldn't take somebody if Foles keeps this up. At least not anyone in the first 4 rounds, maybe something as a project in the 5th or 6th.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
I've really got my heart set on a pass rusher. There are a lot of really good ones who could potentially be in this class. I think Jadeveon Clowney, Anthony Barr, Khalil Mack, DeMarcus Lawrence, Kony Ealy and Vic Beasley are all first round talents.

Lawrence has off field issues but I love his game. He's had 3 one game suspensions over the past 2 seasons, but man he's a talent rushing the passer.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Meco wrote:

Lawrence has off field issues but I love his game. He's had 3 one game suspensions over the past 2 seasons, but man he's a talent rushing the passer.

Would be sweet if we took a chance on a guy like that in the 2nd/3rd round

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Jeezla

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khalil Mack should be our first round pick.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, T Coleman, H Kikaha, T Clemmings
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
Khalil Mack should be our first round pick.

Well, Eric Berry should have been our first rounder when he came out. Problem is we might not be in a position to get him.

I think everyone agrees he or Barr would be ideal, but unlikely if we make the playoffs.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 1 of 99

Jump to: