Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions more coaching than Talent?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Lions more coaching than Talent? Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
which of SEA, DEN, PHI, NE, GB, CHI, DAL, SF, and NO would trade even one unit of our for theirs? It's not very many. None of those would take Stafford over their QB. Maybe CHI would take our RBs but that is a big maybe. NE & SF would take our WRs but nothing else of ours. None would take our TEs nor OL over theirs. SO looking at the talent on our Offense we are playing better than our talent show it seems.

Have you seen how the Seattle offensive line has been playing recently? Have you seen how Tom Brady and Colin Kaepernick lately? Or the Dallas running backs?

What an awful analysis. Besides New England we have (by a significant margin IMO) the best pass blocking line of all those listed. Stafford has also been outplaying the QB on all of those teams save for Denver Green Bay Dallas and New Orleans. And Seattle, Philly, New England Green Bay (with injuries) and San Fran would take our receiving corps in a heartbeat.
I have seen those guys. You think NE would trade Brady for Stafford for the season? Or Kap for Stafford? Prolly not. In fact I know not. Just because Stafford is outplaying doesn't mean he is better. If Durham outplayed Fitz would that make him better? Just because our line is playing well doesn't mean out line is filled with talent. 4 teams thought their OGs were better than Warford in this draft alone. Heck the Bears took their RT and RG before we got ours.

I expect given the age of Brady New England just might trade for Stafford.

As for Kap, I think the Niners would be foolish not to take Stafford.

I understand what your saying about teams that drafted a position earlier than Warford but draft position only matters the day of the draft.

I quite like Detroit's oline. Reiff, Warford have both played very well and Waddle has been more than a nice surprise. Sims and Raiola may not be other worldly but both have been effective.

The Lions RB's gave played well. Reggie Bush has long been under rated not because of ability but because the way teams have used him. In a Detroit he's been great.

Wide Receivers. CJ is great but beyond that, thumbs down. Durham gas improved greatly and may continue to improve but right now he's quite ordinary.

I can't think of any team that wouldn't take Su and Fairley. Ability and youth make them a great combination.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: