Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

As we speak!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RIZE FALCONS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: As we speak! Reply with quote

Right now we are in line to pick 3rd or 4th, what do you guys think if we have Clowney there for us and a team picking later wants to trade the house to move up to get him! What do we do please give your opinion on what we do and what and how many picks it would take I want some scenarios.

Say Dallas picking 25th wants to move up or any team maybe this

Dallas giving 1st round 25th 2014 , 2nd 2014, 4th 2014 , 1st in 2015, 2nd in 2015

Atlanta gives 3rd or 4th overall 2014 5th 2015
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Clowney is there for us, I just cannot see us passing on him. Plus, it is not often teams do the Julio Jones-type trades

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enticing with the next year's 1st, but trading all the way back to 25 doesn't interest me, especially if Clowney is on the board. If he's there, we better take him. That is an INSTANT upgrade on the DL, one of our biggest weaknesses.

89 tackles; 3 sacks; 6 passes defensed
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Clowney's there, Atlanta takes him. He does the Falcons more good. Now, if Clowney's not there and say, the Rams want to trade the 8th and the 18th for a quarterback who slips, I say do it, take Barr or Mack at 8 and Lewan at 18.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Lentz33

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
If Clowney's there, Atlanta takes him. He does the Falcons more good. Now, if Clowney's not there and say, the Rams want to trade the 8th and the 18th for a quarterback who slips, I say do it, take Barr or Mack at 8 and Lewan at 18.

That's not a bad idea... But... Clowney man.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Silly scar, tricks are for kids. Why would the Rams trade up for a QB when they have Kellen Clemens? He's the real truth flavor.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:

agreed. Clowney is a once in a generation talent. You dont pass on that, especially since we need an infusion of talent, and not just potential role players in the middle rounds. I also wouldnt mind moving back in your scenario, mainly because I dont see much difference between Barr/Mack or Matthews/Lewan, and we can add another player in the first. Mack/Kounadjio or Lewan/Ra'Shede Hageman would be very nice.

#JDI

Chuckie Keeton, 2014 Heisman Campaign
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

agreed. Clowney is a once in a generation talent. You dont pass on that, especially since we need an infusion of talent, and not just potential role players in the middle rounds. I also wouldnt mind moving back in your scenario, mainly because I dont see much difference between Barr/Mack or Matthews/Lewan, and we can add another player in the first. Mack/Kounadjio or Lewan/Ra'Shede Hageman would be very nice.
Kouandijo isn't that good. And the DT's have been playing well. The issue there is just who sticks around.

SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideal situation - the rams/ Washington trade a couple of years ago. We trade back just a few spots so some team could land their franchise qb and in return we clean up on picks.
terrell123

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Kouandijo isn't that good. And the DT's have been playing well. The issue there is just who sticks around.
They have?
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

They have?
every big run this year has been to the outside. Not the interior. Peters draws a double team almost every play. Babineaux shoots the gaps well. All 3 have been pass rushing and collapsing the pocket interior well.

tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

They have?
every big run this year has been to the outside. Not the interior. Peters draws a double team almost every play. Babineaux shoots the gaps well. All 3 have been pass rushing and collapsing the pocket interior well.

Peters is solid but Babs isn't known for stopping the run. We need another big body in the middle to help take on blocks so our LB's can make plays at the line of scrimmage or behind. Also, we aren't that great at collapsing the pocket from the inside. I think DT is def a top 3 priority.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:

LOVE this scenario. Grab a DT in the 2nd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we are in the clowney sweepstakes, just looked, he has 2.0 sacks so far this season.
gilmerfalcon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Since we are in the clowney sweepstakes, just looked, he has 2.0 sacks so far this season.

That's 2 more than the whole team has ain't it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: