Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Tillman done?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is he done?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 14

Sugashane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: Is Tillman done? Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
He's on the wrong side of 30. He seems to be banged up all the time. Clearly wasnt 100% today and it really hurt us.

I think it will be the end of his era unless he takes a FS role.
He's battling a groin injury, as I've stated a million times over the last few weeks, groin injuries linger. He will ultimately be fine. Just won't be anything resembling 100% the rest of this year.

Crazy thing is he was still asked to cover Johnson one-on-one so much, not even with help over the top from a safety like on Johnson's fade for a TD. A healthy Peanut can do without, but even then it is still asking a lot. But with a groin injury? Ridiculous playcalling to put him on an island like that.

Next year I'm adopting all the NFC North rivals

Thanks to chisoxguy7 for the awesome sig!
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Is Tillman done? Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
He's on the wrong side of 30. He seems to be banged up all the time. Clearly wasnt 100% today and it really hurt us.

He's battling a groin injury, as I've stated a million times over the last few weeks, groin injuries linger. He will ultimately be fine. Just won't be anything resembling 100% the rest of this year.

Crazy thing is he was still asked to cover Johnson one-on-one so much, not even with help over the top from a safety like on Johnson's fade for a TD. A healthy Peanut can do without, but even then it is still asking a lot. But with a groin injury? Ridiculous playcalling to put him on an island like that.
They were so close to the end zone that you dont really want to put a safety over the top. There isnt enough room to warrant it.
bkokot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Tillman done? Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:

They were so close to the end zone that you dont really want to put a safety over the top. There isnt enough room to warrant it.

On most players in most situations, I completely agree with you, but when the game is on the line, you don't let the other teams best player beat you. A safety over the top? I would have been perfectly fine with bracket coverage on megatron.
Atari-XXX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Bears saying Cutler "week-to-week" with ankle sprain and Charles Tillman (triceps) to IR with a designation to return in 8 weeks.
Nads786

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brutal to loss Tillman for the year (unless we make the playoffs). It was a tough year for him, injuries were just piling on him.

This will definitely test our CB depth and ultimately his place on this team going forward.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@danwiederer
Tillman also said the idea of a position switch to safety is not one he'd consider.

I really, really, really hope that yesterday wasn't the last time we see Charles Tillman play for the Bears but that's a possibility now. Hopefully we give him a one-year deal and he gets an injury-free year because - although I never think he will be back to his best - I think even a 33-year-old 100% healthy Charles Tillman in 2014 is a much better corner than many out there.
2013 Adopt-a-Bear: LB #50 James Anderson
Tackles: 103 || Sacks: 4.0 || Forced Fumbles: 0 || Fumble Recoveries: 1
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't see how our D will be able to stop a single offense the rest of the season from putting up 25-30 points, honestly.. David Bass and Landen Cohen rushing the passer with Zack Bowman on the #1? Not to mention Bostic looking terribly. Its gunna be brutal, teams will be able to pass at will and run at will, its a double edged sword.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think Tillman either re-signs for really cheap or he is gone. Lot of decisions this off season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as it sucks that Tillman is all but done for the season but this is the best thing for him...he has been a warrior out there for us this season playing hurt since week one but he just can’t play at 100% this banged up…hopefully he is resigned at 100% this offseason.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
I just can't see how our D will be able to stop a single offense the rest of the season from putting up 25-30 points, honestly.. David Bass and Landen Cohen rushing the passer with Zack Bowman on the #1? Not to mention Bostic looking terribly. Its gunna be brutal, teams will be able to pass at will and run at will, its a double edged sword.

The defense really couldn't stop any one any ways.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, forget about how underrated Tillman has been as a player over the past decade, because from everything I've red, he's an even better person than he is a player.

Secondly, Tillman will receive what Phil Emery offers most of his free agents, which is a fair market deal. If he wants to play here, he'll play here, but he's not going to be overpaid for his services.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an Urlacher situation, although I think Tillman was still playing at a higher level.

He is breaking down physically, knee, groin and now tricep.

My guess is Phil Emery will treat the sitaution in the same way and offer him a 1 year deal at 3-4 million and if he says NO then we will move on.

I want Charles to retire a Bear, but his health is starting to make it hard on the Bears not to move on.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Is Tillman done? Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I think it is pretty obvious there was more than enough room to warrant it... Calvin Johnson is the single most freakish WR in the NFL, having a blend of height, speed, athleticism, and strength no other WR has right now. Their next WR was not even a true #2, so Jennings should be able to lock them up, and the rest should have their own responsibilities as normal. But you don't expect an injured Tillman to be able to shut down the best WR in the game. And even when Johnson and Stafford throw the fade as often as they do? That is just silly, especially with 24 yards of depth being possible. They should have at least had the safeties taking deep halves with Conte slightly out further than normal, just to make sure he can help on a fade. Or if they didn't want a safety to have to help in the corner, then Tillman shouldn't have had his hips turned to play a slant. Either way, I don't see how we can justify not doubling their best player (by far) as he was targeted at least 3 times more than any other player, and was the target of almost half of Stafford's throws.

It would be like a defense not doubling Marshall last year, especially when Jeffery went down. There is literally no reason not to.

DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Tillman done? Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I think it is pretty obvious there was more than enough room to warrant it... Calvin Johnson is the single most freakish WR in the NFL, having a blend of height, speed, athleticism, and strength no other WR has right now. Their next WR was not even a true #2, so Jennings should be able to lock them up, and the rest should have their own responsibilities as normal. But you don't expect an injured Tillman to be able to shut down the best WR in the game. And even when Johnson and Stafford throw the fade as often as they do? That is just silly, especially with 24 yards of depth being possible. They should have at least had the safeties taking deep halves with Conte slightly out further than normal, just to make sure he can help on a fade. Or if they didn't want a safety to have to help in the corner, then Tillman shouldn't have had his hips turned to play a slant. Either way, I don't see how we can justify not doubling their best player (by far) as he was targeted at least 3 times more than any other player, and was the target of almost half of Stafford's throws.

It would be like a defense not doubling Marshall last year, especially when Jeffery went down. There is literally no reason not to.
The more I think about it you're probably right. Maybe they just thought Tillman could handle him. Tillman looked terrible at times though.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Tillman done? Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:

The more I think about it you're probably right. Maybe they just thought Tillman could handle him. Tillman looked terrible at times though.

I agree Tillman looked terrible on a few plays. But realistically, Johnson can do that to anyone though (and if we figure this out and see Tillman is overmatched, why the hell doesn't Tucker???). And with Tillman being injured I think he did quite well with so little help to keep Johnson to 6 rec on 17 targets with a long of 19 yards. I was much more embarrassed of our OL and front 7 of the defense. All this size and strength, and we get 1.9 YPC, while Bush gets 7.5 YPC on our front 7? Pathetic. Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: