Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buffalo Bills @ Pittsburgh Steelers GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a couple people, and you know who you are, I hear they're giving out free sight tests at your local Eyeland.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
For a couple people, and you know who you are, I hear they're giving out free sight tests at your local Eyeland.

Hey let's not troll.. pretty much every guy who talked smack in your GDT doesn't even post in here.

I know you're better than that Confused

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay classy Steeler fans.

Anyway, as for drafting a QB...not a chance. I think people forget that EJ was raw coming out (obviously still is) and was considered a project. Geno was and is currently playing better then EJ which I think most of us knew would happened. But if, and i know it is an IF. But, if EJ reaches his full potential he will be head and shoulders over Geno Smith and will be an elite QB in the NFL.

I know some didn't like the pick and thats their opinion, but to already give up and take a flyer on another rookie next year? We would be the laughing stock of the league for years. Marrone and Whaley would lose all credibility.

As for showing signs.. 2 minute drill vs Indianapolis for a TD and game winning drive against Carolina. He didn't have "spectacular plays" during those drives but he moved the football and didn't panic and most importantly didn't screw it up by turning the ball over. Very impressive for a rookie.

IMO EJ is the future and is learning trial by fire this season. He isn't Luck or RG3 so I don't know why some of you are expecting his stats to reflect theirs.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

Hey let's not troll.. pretty much every guy who talked smack in your GDT doesn't even post in here.

I know you're better than that Confused

Fair enough.

In all seriousness, this just wasn't a good day for Buffalo, they seemed really out of rythym. Drafting a QB, imo, is idiocy, I think EJ Manuel is a very solid QB but he's gotta get back in rythym with the offense after the injury.

EJ is going to be a very good QB, but he's a rookie. I know it wasn't a "good game" but that doesn't mean Buffalo won't get better. I really think they're on their way up and listen, Pittsburgh has played PLENTY of "bad" games. We just happened to be on the plus side of this one for once.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that's just it. I don't care if it's against the Steelers who get a pass because you're the Steelers.

This is a game we should have won. Not gotten throttled. And it's every single year that this happens and after long enough you're just sick of it. You seriously can't understand being so inept for so long. We're beyond inundated to losing to the point where a lot of us really don't even care anymore. It's not a matter of just having one "bad" game. It's the fact that we've had fifteen years of these "bad" games and it's long past the point where it's inexcusable.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And of course the Mario bashers are out in full force.

Again.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
But that's just it. I don't care if it's against the Steelers who get a pass because you're the Steelers.

This is a game we should have won. Not gotten throttled. And it's every single year that this happens and after long enough you're just sick of it. You seriously can't understand being so inept for so long. We're beyond inundated to losing to the point where a lot of us really don't even care anymore. It's not a matter of just having one "bad" game. It's the fact that we've had fifteen years of these "bad" games and it's long past the point where it's inexcusable.

May I, with the utmost intended respect, ask you something? What makes this a game you "should have won"? I understand the Steelers have not played well for the most part but at the same time, we have played a couple of solid games as well. We just can't keep it going consistently.

I don't think this was even a game the Steelers "should have won". It's a game we DID win, but not a game we necessarily should've won. We showed up to play football. We were prepared and we played well, for a change.

Buffalo didn't, I'm not trolling, I'm not trying to trash talk, I'm just analzying the situation. In no way imo, was this a game the Bills "should have won". It was a game that BOTH teams needed to play well in order to win. However, the Bills struggled, it really boils down to that.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

May I, with the utmost intended respect, ask you something? What makes this a game you "should have won"? I understand the Steelers have not played well for the most part but at the same time, we have played a couple of solid games as well. We just can't keep it going consistently.

I don't think this was even a game the Steelers "should have won". It's a game we DID win, but not a game we necessarily should've won. We showed up to play football. We were prepared and we played well, for a change.

Buffalo didn't, I'm not trolling, I'm not trying to trash talk, I'm just analzying the situation. In no way imo, was this a game the Bills "should have won". It was a game that BOTH teams needed to play well in order to win. However, the Bills struggled, it really boils down to that.

You're not understanding the point.

The Bills were 3-6, the Steelers were 2-6. Our D-line is our best asset, your O-line is your biggest weakness.

This is a game we matched up great for. I thought our defense would make more impact plays. I thought the offense would make at least A play. This is a game the Bills should have won because, yes, to this point in the year the Bills have been the better team. We've only been "blown out" once to the point before the game. We'd had multiple games where we had a win through tough circumstances.

This is a team that should have won this game because, at this point, we had the more talented team and the better record and had shown to be much more competitive. Yes, the Steelers had shown flashes this year. But the Bills had shown many more and much more consistently. At least as far as this year is concerned.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we fire Hackett now? I don't even care if it's his fault at this point. Just get him outta here! Our offense is laughable.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Can we fire Hackett now? I don't even care if it's his fault at this point. Just get him outta here! Our offense is laughable.

His play calling has been very questionable at times, but the 3 QB's he had to work with now have a combined 11 starts in the NFL...it severely limits what you can do and call. Not to mention it is hard to get any rhythm with players when they are always changing at the key position.

He deserves another year AT LEAST.

Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:

His play calling has been very questionable at times, but the 3 QB's he had to work with now have a combined 11 starts in the NFL...it severely limits what you can do and call. Not to mention it is hard to get any rhythm with players when they are always changing at the key position.

He deserves another year AT LEAST.

Yeah today was all on EJ. The lack of deep plays to Goodwin is worrying, but EJ just missed a toooon of throws.
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team desperately needs a TE mismatch that can keep the chains moving on 3rd down. I think not having Woods in there hurt as well as by the Cleveland game, they were becoming a great combination.

I think EJ just locked on to Stevie way too much this game. I think if Wood plays next week he will do better, but even Still, I think we need to grab either Seferian-Jenkins or Eric Ebron.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like this team has needed a Mismatch over the middle for what must be 20 years now. Laughing
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The Bills were 3-6, the Steelers were 2-6. Our D-line is our best asset, your O-line is your biggest weakness.

I really don't get this. The Bills are 3-6, so they are better than a team that had their bye?

Your DL is a strength, and you had a perception about the Steelers OL. How about having a franchise QB and a decent group of WR's? Nah, doesn't mean a thing.

Your offense has a rookie QB. Lebeau defenses are 16-2 against rookie QB's. I would imagine its even better with rookies who haven't played in the last 5 weeks.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Quote:

I really don't get this. The Bills are 3-6, so they are better than a team that had their bye?

Your DL is a strength, and you had a perception about the Steelers OL. How about having a franchise QB and a decent group of WR's? Nah, doesn't mean a thing.

Your offense has a rookie QB. Lebeau defenses are 16-2 against rookie QB's. I would imagine its even better with rookies who haven't played in the last 5 weeks.

We got 4 sacks today. 2 From a guy who was once considered a 1st round bust.

As for our O vs the Steelers D. I knew it would be a real tough battle (throwing at least) but I believed we'd be able to run the ball effectively to take chances over top. It didn't pan out. Game is over. I suggest we all just move on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: