Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buffalo Bills @ Pittsburgh Steelers GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our back 7 was brutal, Gilmore and McKelvin both put up stinkers and we have holes at OLB that must be addressed.. Lawson and Bradham aren't starting caliber IMO

Steelers OLine also played a great game for a lousy Line
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
But that's just it. I don't care if it's against the Steelers who get a pass because you're the Steelers.

This is a game we should have won. Not gotten throttled. And it's every single year that this happens and after long enough you're just sick of it. You seriously can't understand being so inept for so long. We're beyond inundated to losing to the point where a lot of us really don't even care anymore. It's not a matter of just having one "bad" game. It's the fact that we've had fifteen years of these "bad" games and it's long past the point where it's inexcusable.

May I, with the utmost intended respect, ask you something? What makes this a game you "should have won"? I understand the Steelers have not played well for the most part but at the same time, we have played a couple of solid games as well. We just can't keep it going consistently.

I don't think this was even a game the Steelers "should have won". It's a game we DID win, but not a game we necessarily should've won. We showed up to play football. We were prepared and we played well, for a change.

Buffalo didn't, I'm not trolling, I'm not trying to trash talk, I'm just analzying the situation. In no way imo, was this a game the Bills "should have won". It was a game that BOTH teams needed to play well in order to win. However, the Bills struggled, it really boils down to that.

You're not understanding the point.

The Bills were 3-6, the Steelers were 2-6. Our D-line is our best asset, your O-line is your biggest weakness.

This is a game we matched up great for. I thought our defense would make more impact plays. I thought the offense would make at least A play. This is a game the Bills should have won because, yes, to this point in the year the Bills have been the better team. We've only been "blown out" once to the point before the game. We'd had multiple games where we had a win through tough circumstances.

This is a team that should have won this game because, at this point, we had the more talented team and the better record and had shown to be much more competitive. Yes, the Steelers had shown flashes this year. But the Bills had shown many more and much more consistently. At least as far as this year is concerned.

The problem with everything you said here is...we were 2-6, you were 3-6. The separation between us was ONE GAME.

You haven't been "that much more" consistent in the win colum. I'm not saying you haven't played better than we have, but there's been 3 games now, where we've played very well. I'm also not as ready to say to you that "the better team" was Buffalo, because the biggest glaring difference is our Top 5 QB..

Sig courtesy of IDOG
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should give a call to none other than Chan Gailey to figure out how he scored from the red zone. We were actually pretty good at that with him and Fitz at the helm. Laughing

Actually, our whole offense was pretty functional with them.
Now, we can't stay on the field for more than 1 minute at a time.

Go Bills!
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Our back 7 was brutal, Gilmore and McKelvin both put up stinkers and we have holes at OLB that must be addressed.. Lawson and Bradham aren't starting caliber IMO

I disagree 110% man. I find this to be so untrue. He has done a fantastic job setting the edge all year against the run, he is one of the main reasons we have been better against the run this season. He was playing hurt yesterday.
WLB is a need but not SLB IMO
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

I disagree 110% man. I find this to be so untrue. He has done a fantastic job setting the edge all year against the run, he is one of the main reasons we have been better against the run this season. He was playing hurt yesterday.

Pretty sure he was questionable in the game for personal reasons. But yeah, I definitely agree with ya. Manny has been an awesome under the radar signing.

Go Bills!
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

Pretty sure he was questionable in the game for personal reasons. But yeah, I definitely agree with ya. Manny has been an awesome under the radar signing.

Yes you're right, it was personal reasons. For some reason I feel like he has a minor injury at the moment as well. i could be wrong.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind if Bills got rid of Danny Crossman.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:

Me neither.

Go Bills!
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:

Me neither.

Been so bad this year.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
I don't know about that... I've heard that he and Marrone are pretty good friends.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A let down loss from the Buffalo Bills? Typical. Tickets will be dirt cheap in December for the 13th straight year. What a joke of a franchise.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DubiDo0 wrote:
A let down loss from the Buffalo Bills? Typical. Tickets will be dirt cheap in December for the 13th straight year. What a joke of a franchise.
A little harsh no? I mean this was the first game all year where we didn't look like a solid football team, first game where we weren't in it.

It was the 10th game and 3 of the games we started Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel. Give me a break, this franchise isn't a "joke".

I'm so sick of these "fans" who get all upset when we play poorly in 1 game, I heard some people talking about EJ being a bust because of this game, ummm not so fast my friends, he's still a rookie with a rookie HC a rookie OC and his #2 WR was out for the game and his #1 WR went out early, not many QBs can look even halfway decent throwing the ball to TJ Graham.

Fact is, we are still about a year or 2 away from making it to the playoffs. We have a great core of young players and veterans, we just need a few more pieces.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, we have 2 more wins than the Jacksonville Jaguars. Shocked Embarassed

Go Bills!
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to Clown for Clowney.

#JDI
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Time to Clown for Clowney.

I vote we save a bit more face and just Blow for Barr.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: