Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nug's November Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 21501
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Nug's November Mock Reply with quote

I''m not even gonna guess on FA. I just don't think we spend big money on any guys and instead re-sign Mack and Ward and maybe extend Haden.





I think we finish picking around 16th and the Colts are around 24 or so.

Leaves us with...

1.
1.
2.
3.
3.
4.
4.
5.
6.
7.



16. AJ McCarron, QB - Some think he is a product of his team, I believe he will be a smart pro and has every tool you want outside of mobility.


24. Mike Evans, WR - Will be excellent across from Gordon and will be one more weapon for the rookie QB. He isn't a burner but will be the perfect compliment across from our homerun hitter.

2. Ryan Shazier, ILB - Robertson hasn't been that good. While Shazier's size worries me in the trenches, he is a tremendous athlete and will cover very well.

Trade a 3,4 and 6th to get back into the 2nd.

2. Zach Martin, OT - Put him at RT, Kick Schwartz into RG and if Martin pans out, we have a top 5 Oline.


3. Carlos Hyde, RB - I know i'll get the usual comments on here about taking 2 OSU guys, but I don't give a [inappropriate/removed]. They are both damn good players and getting a RB like Hyde in the 3rd is excellent value and fills a huge need for this team. Cool

4. Dri Archer, WR, RB - 2 in a row? Dafuq I think Archer is a pure playmaker and you could put him in the slot or as a duel back in shotgun. You have to account for him.

5. Trey Millard, FB - WE NEED A FB

6. Kenny Guitton, QB - Why the hell not. He has an enormous amount of upside and is actually a really good pocket passer rather than just an athlete. Buckeye #3? COME AT ME


7. Best kicker available.



QB. McCarron
RB. Hyde, Lewis, Archer
FB. Millard
WR. Gordon, Little
WR. Evans, Benji
TE. Cameron
OT. Thomas
OG. Greco
OC. Mack
OG. Schwartz
OT. Martin

DE. Rubin, Wynn
NT. Taylor, Kithcen
DE. Bryant, Bryant
OLB. Kruger
ILB. Jackson, Groves
ILB. Shazier, Robertson
OLB. Sheard, Mingo
CB. Haden, Owens
CB. Skrine, McFadden
FS. Gipson
SS. Ward


THOUGHTS?
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sdrawkcab321


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 10654
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a massive reach for AJ at 16. I don't like him. But if we were gonna take him in the 1st I'd hope we'd at least drop back a few sports a pick up some picks. Maybe drop real far and get a 1 next year. I don't see anyone else taking him. I like the rest of the draft though. Even though I'd riot if we took AJ in the 1st
_________________
Adopt A Brown:Spencer Lanning

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reginaldm9


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 3963
Location: Kent State University
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way this draft works is if we take Evans at 16, Shazier at 24, and McCarron in the 2nd. I'm not sure how much I like McCarron, but Shazier and Evans will be solid pros for sure.
_________________


Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I really like the direction and love some of the guys you took...


Draft order could use a little tweaking based on current rating, BUT we all know how that will change as the draft nears. Not a huge issue for me since you were sensible about it. (Some rising and some falling)

I'm not a fan of trade ups. It seems too expensive too often.

I'd like to see TE addressed. We could use depth and another weapon besides Cameron. Maybe instead of trading up in the 2nd use the 3rd on the best OL available and the 4th for a TE. ?? Just a suggestion...

Guiton, while I really like his potential I don't believe the browns will carry 4 QBs. Therefore we would be hoping to sneak him onto the PS... And besides I believe you used this 6th round pick to trade up already. Wink.

That said, if this were the Browns draft I would be happy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EL Brownso


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 999
Location: Alamogordo, NM
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the direction you went with.

1. We need a signal caller of the future first and foremost. I do not know if McCarron is the guy. I have watched a few games and nothing I see makes me go wow. However, I will watch him tomorrow a lot closer than I have previously.

1. Love this kid. I think Evans has the ability to be a V Jackson or B Marshall type player. Not the fastest guy on the field but probably the best guy on the field at any time. I think he would excel and most defenses would have to double bracket our outside receivers and leave Little/Bess/Cameron/Benji with mismatches all over the field. Would also open up any running game we want to employ.

2. Shazier is a great player and I think he would work well. I am a HUGE Shayne Skov fan, even more after last night. Would love to see him in Brown and Orange but would not be disappointed in Shazier. One of my favorite Buckeyes.

2. I don't know much about Martin, but an upgrade to the line never hurts. I think if Pinkston is able to win the guard spot back on the right side from Lauvao we will notice increased play by Swartz.

3. Running game is important and I believe this would be an amazing pick up. Hyde has never been a favorite of mine, until the NW game. Ever since then he is the most impressive guy on the field at any time. Size, speed, quick cuts, you can tell he loves the game.

4. Speed and ability are needed as well and 4th rd picks are rarely very impactful so it is worth a shot.

5. Fullbacks aren't a necessity, however it is a luxury to have a FB as a weapon and Millard seems to be just that.

6. Would love to see what Guitton could become. He has been impressive and has a good arm with above average accuracy. If I was the Buckeyes coach he would probably still be starting.

7. Would rather see another LB or G here. But that's just being picky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Browns1987


Joined: 21 Oct 2013
Posts: 1182
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of AJ, and i seriously doubt Evans will be available at 24.

I like the rest, especially Shazier and Hyde.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12372
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're naughty........
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 21501
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flip the spots of AJ and Evans and I guess it's more realistic.

Maybe AJ and Shazier too. I do think all are attainable at those spots.


While many may not have AJ high right now, remember how quickly QB's shoot up boards in the spring.



I see your point about Guitton. I don't want Hoyer or Campbell going anywhere so it may be tough to keep him.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5441
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have A.J just right. Mocksters just don't like it bc he is not flashy.

I don't think Shazier makes it to the middle of the second and I like Jordan Matthews way better than Mike Evans, so if anything I'd switch those 2 picks and make it Matthews over Evans.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 21501
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I think you have A.J just right. Mocksters just don't like it bc he is not flashy.

I don't think Shazier makes it to the middle of the second and I like Jordan Matthews way better than Mike Evans, so if anything I'd switch those 2 picks and make it Matthews over Evans.


I had a hard time deciding between the WR's.

I feel like Evans will be a very good #2 possession type guy while Matthews could be a #1.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reginaldm9


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 3963
Location: Kent State University
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else get the feeling that Mike Evans won't be able to separate at the next level? I get this feeling that he'll have to play inside a lot because he doesn't really have exceptional speed or route running skills to get away from NFL CBs. Something tells me he's almost better suited as a TE and that a lot of his best plays happen when Manziel has the play break down.
_________________


Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 21501
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
Does anyone else get the feeling that Mike Evans won't be able to separate at the next level? I get this feeling that he'll have to play inside a lot because he doesn't really have exceptional speed or route running skills to get away from NFL CBs. Something tells me he's almost better suited as a TE and that a lot of his best plays happen when Manziel has the play break down.


That is my big worry about him.

That's why I think he would best as a #2 with a guy like Gordon taking more coverage.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EL Brownso


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 999
Location: Alamogordo, NM
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
Does anyone else get the feeling that Mike Evans won't be able to separate at the next level? I get this feeling that he'll have to play inside a lot because he doesn't really have exceptional speed or route running skills to get away from NFL CBs. Something tells me he's almost better suited as a TE and that a lot of his best plays happen when Manziel has the play break down.


That is my big worry about him.

That's why I think he would best as a #2 with a guy like Gordon taking more coverage.


I'm not worried about that at all. Just because he doesn't run a 4.4 40 doesn't mean he won't be able to separate. He is a large individual, he will make room. I think he could be a VJax or Brandon Marshall type player. People worry too much about straight line speed. Evans plays faster than what his projected 40 time is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
Does anyone else get the feeling that Mike Evans won't be able to separate at the next level? I get this feeling that he'll have to play inside a lot because he doesn't really have exceptional speed or route running skills to get away from NFL CBs. Something tells me he's almost better suited as a TE and that a lot of his best plays happen when Manziel has the play break down.


That is my big worry about him.

That's why I think he would best as a #2 with a guy like Gordon taking more coverage.


I'm not worried about that at all. Just because he doesn't run a 4.4 40 doesn't mean he won't be able to separate. He is a large individual, he will make room. I think he could be a VJax or Brandon Marshall type player. People worry too much about straight line speed. Evans plays faster than what his projected 40 time is.


Not worried at all. I actually hope he doesn't run an amazing 40 at the draft becuase if he does the browns have no shot in drafting him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7950
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely love it.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group