Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Denard Robinson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sack Exchange

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Denard Robinson Reply with quote

I saw a write up that Denard Robinson was officially listed as MJD's back up and is slated for 14 carries a game...on paper. I know it's tough to log a lot of carries when you're playing from behind so often. But I remember him doing some special things at Michigan and I know he's struggled so far (like running the wildcat), but I was wondering what all of your opinions were of this player moving full time to tail back. Personally I feel he is a "space" player since he excelled from what I have seen by making things happen in the opening field. For instance I would love to see what he can do on a screen pass. As far as hitting the correct hole or following the block of his fullback there is some natural instinct to that but experience usually helps. This is a team that can use all the help it can get and I'm sure Robinson can contribute in some way with the ball in his hands.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Denard Robinson Reply with quote

Sack Exchange wrote:
I saw a write up that Denard Robinson was officially listed as MJD's back up and is slated for 14 carries a game...on paper. I know it's tough to log a lot of carries when you're playing from behind so often. But I remember him doing some special things at Michigan and I know he's struggled so far (like running the wildcat), but I was wondering what all of your opinions were of this player moving full time to tail back. Personally I feel he is a "space" player since he excelled from what I have seen by making things happen in the opening field. For instance I would love to see what he can do on a screen pass. As far as hitting the correct hole or following the block of his fullback there is some natural instinct to that but experience usually helps. This is a team that can use all the help it can get and I'm sure Robinson can contribute in some way with the ball in his hands.

I'd love to see what he could do with a screen pass too. Unfortunately, it's a non-starter because he can't catch them. In fact, i'm not sure he can catch anything. Surprised

Like his hands are really really bad. As a QB conversion that was always going to be the challenge, but so far it's seemed remarkably poor. Just no apparent instincts for it even.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought his hands were really small too, or does he just suck at catching? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I thought his hands were really small too, or does he just suck at catching? Laughing

I don't really care how small his hands are or what his excuse is...the guy simply cannot catch footballs. It's like a basical element of the game...catch A football. He can't do it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: