Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings Updates: The Swiss Army Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47904
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
@Andrew_Krammer: With the Carlson to IR move, the #Vikings also waive CB Robert Steeples and add RB Banyard + DE Trattou to the 53-man roster.


How many times has Trattou been waived and signed now? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 24774
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
@Andrew_Krammer: With the Carlson to IR move, the #Vikings also waive CB Robert Steeples and add RB Banyard + DE Trattou to the 53-man roster.


How many times has Trattou been waived and signed now? Laughing

About as many as Banyard Laughing
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Krauser


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 1971
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Would that clear his salary off our books?

Same thing as a cut, remaining bonus would accelerate.


$3M dead money according to Over The Cap, cap savings would be $2M.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 24774
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kfan.com/pages/psn_paulallen.html?article=11927725

Here is a Christmas version of the Vikings season in review. A must watch for any self-deprecating Vikings fan.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaCDiggity


Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Posts: 969
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@PFF_Sam: Mind. Blown. RT @Eric_Edholm: The Minnesota Vikings have scored more touchdowns this season than the Seattle Seahawks.
_________________

Let The Zimmer Dynasty Begin
#TeddyisReady
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 24774
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sad for us...

The Hawks offense is a relative mess. Outside of Unger, they are desperate for interior line help and they have a lack of receiving weapons. They would be even worse off without Wilson.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47904
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
How sad for us...

The Hawks offense is a relative mess. Outside of Unger, they are desperate for interior line help and they have a lack of receiving weapons. They would be even worse off without Wilson.


And why is Darell Bevell a head coach candidate again?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 24774
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because he's not responsible for the lack of outside receivers and guard play?

Despite that the Seahawks, prior to this week because I haven't checked, were a top 5 scoring offense on about 100 less offensive plays when compared to the teams around them in scoring.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47904
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Because he's not responsible for the lack of outside receivers and guard play?

Despite that the Seahawks, prior to this week because I haven't checked, were a top 5 scoring offense on about 100 less offensive plays when compared to the teams around them in scoring.


Why would he not be responsible for where Seattle is deficient, yet receive praise for where Seattle is excellent?

Without Wilson, I have to wonder where Bevell would stand as an offensive coach. How much of Wilson's development is attributed to Bevell? I'm always weary of head coach candidates like Bevell who seem to have a stacked hand behind a great head coach, a good QB and an elite defense. Why wasnt Bevell retained as offensive coordinator in Minnesota when Frazier took over? It hurts his cause that his track record in Minnesota was very underwhelming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 24774
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are deficient in talent/personnel; an area where Bevell has no control. It's not as if they have studs who are underperforming in the offensive scheme. Bevell and Wilson showing up made Golden Tate look like a serviceable receiver.

Bevell's offense would also be only a portion of what he would bring to a head coaching position. He might excel at things a head coach needs to be successful such as management and delegation. I won't pretend to know anything about those type of qualifications.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47904
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
They are deficient in talent/personnel; an area where Bevell has no control. It's not as if they have studs who are underperforming in the offensive scheme. Bevell and Wilson showing up made Golden Tate look like a serviceable receiver.


It could be argued that Brett Favre and Russell Wilson showing up made Bevell look like a serviceable offensive coordinator.

Quote:
Bevell's offense would also be only a portion of what he would bring to a head coaching position. He might excel at things a head coach needs to be successful such as management and delegation. I won't pretend to know anything about those type of qualifications.


Right, this aspect of head coach scouting is hard to gather without really knowing the intricate level of detail they put into the position behind the scenes. Obviously, we dont have access to this.

As a head coach, there are more responsibilities then just emphasizing your specialty. Some guys are able to focus entirely on one side of the ball, like Sean Payton and Mike McCarthey. Others do a great job managing both like the Harbuaghs, Tomlin and Belichick. I wonder where Bevell fits pesonality wise. Would he want complete control or could he cease it to help the team in other areas. Brad Childress was definitely a bit of a control freak on the offense but he did eventually have to remove himself from playcalling duties.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 24774
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Bevell has definitely benefitted from Favre an Wilson that doesn't answer te problem of insufficient offensive personnel for Seattle. Should it also just be written off as coincidence that Favre had his best year ever with Bevell as OC or that Wilson is developing nicely under Bevell as well? There are atill a lot of questions that new answering. I do like that Bevell has coached under Pete Carroll for a few years now, but I'm a bit biased in that regard due to being an admitted USC fan.

I also like the potential assistant coaching avenues that Bevell would allow.

I think we've hijacked the thread Laughing this discussion is better served in the coaching thread.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Krauser


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 1971
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCDiggity wrote:
@PFF_Sam: Mind. Blown. RT @Eric_Edholm: The Minnesota Vikings have scored more touchdowns this season than the Seattle Seahawks.


...but the Vikings have given up more than twice as many points as the Seahawks.

(the Vikings are also outscoring the Saints)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 73788
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting next Monday, the Vikings can renegotiate or extend tight end Kyle Rudolph's rookie contract.

Rudolph: "I want to be a Minnesota Viking for life. I love it here, I want to stay in Minnesota. They're the team that drafted me, and I love our ownership. I'm very happy with the organization."

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_24783448/tight-end-kyle-rudolph-i-want-be-minnesota



from the Spielman thread:
milanb wrote:
Worst of all you've undermined the players' confidence in the entire organization.

eh, maybe not.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wcblack34


Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Posts: 5995
Location: Anywhere but Wisconsin.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Starting next Monday, the Vikings can renegotiate or extend tight end Kyle Rudolph's rookie contract.

Rudolph: "I want to be a Minnesota Viking for life. I love it here, I want to stay in Minnesota. They're the team that drafted me, and I love our ownership. I'm very happy with the organization."

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_24783448/tight-end-kyle-rudolph-i-want-be-minnesota



from the Spielman thread:
milanb wrote:
Worst of all you've undermined the players' confidence in the entire organization.

eh, maybe not.


Percy seems to be the only malcontent of the Spielman tenure. I think that says more about Percy than Rick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 10 of 37

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group