Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings Updates: The Swiss Army Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Vikings Updates: The Swiss Army Thread Reply with quote

So, I've found that there is a long period of time, between game day threads, where, personally, I'm not sure exactly where to post pertinent Vikings news. It doesn't quite belong in the previous game thread, and the next game day thread won't be up for near a week.

We have a thread for the Packers, Lions, and Bears. Now, welcome to the Vikings Update thread!

Once this thread gets to a point where it's near 100 pages, we will hold an audition for names for the next thread and then vote on them.

HAVE AT IT!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Goessling ‏@GoesslingESPN 7m
At this point, though, Frazier said #Vikings want to use multiple-receiver sets more, to counteract loaded fronts. Light bulb is going on...

Ben Goessling ‏@GoesslingESPN 8m
Frazier said today that #Vikings went as fast as they could have w/Patterson. Tells you challenges of getting him indoctrinated in offense.

multiple receiver sets... FINALLY!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Krammer ‏@Andrew_Krammer 35m
Phil Loadholt has not completed concussion protocol yet, has some steps left, per Frazier. #Vikings

Who paid close attention to the offensive line, and how did Webb look? There is still plenty of time for Loadholt to complete the protocol before next week.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took them 2.5 years to find out.

Believe it or not, there are teams trying different things in the one game!
PeteyPercyPonde

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
At this point, though, Frazier said #Vikings want to use multiple-receiver sets more, to counteract loaded fronts. Light bulb is going on...

Frazier said today that #Vikings went as fast as they could have w/Patterson. Tells you challenges of getting him indoctrinated in offense.

Yes Finally! This totally opens up that spread formation shotgun draw to Peterson which he usually has a pretty nice hole to run through as well.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Phil Loadholt has not completed concussion protocol yet, has some steps left, per Frazier. #Vikings

Who paid close attention to the offensive line, and how did Webb look? There is still plenty of time for Loadholt to complete the protocol before next week.

Joe Berger actually surprised me. Had a nice pop in the run game. In contrast, Matt Kalil has been a disappointment thus far. Definitely regressed from last year.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

Joe Berger actually surprised me. Had a nice pop in the run game. In contrast, Matt Kalil has been a disappointment thus far. Definitely regressed from last year.

I have always liked Berger. Veteran presence and can fill in at center or guard if needed.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a change that needs to be made!

Quote:
"I told [coaches] not to get any ideas," Williams said postgame.

Too late, Kevin.

"[Williams] is not a big fan of playing the nose tackle position," Frazier said. "We haven't talked about it of late. It just came up by necessity this time around."

"I'll tell you, the way he played in that ballgame, it's something we've got to consider. The fact that he's a veteran player and he has done it before -- I think we did that a little bit with him in 2011 -- he has familiarity with the position and he's been playing defensive tackle forever in our league."

The move didn't just spark the Vikings' interior line, which has struggled all season in stopping the run, but also Williams' own resurgence. His 2.5 sacks are more than Williams has had in his last 23 games combined. Williams had just two sacks in 2012.

The day after, any talk of a real switch is just experimental. Frazier has 10 days before traveling to the Seattle Seahawks on Nov. 17 to get the defensive line's moving parts in order.

"It would change some things, which is one of the reasons you have to take pause before you make a decision like that, because it does put more on Sharrif. Fred and Letroy, they've been practicing and playing this position for the last couple of years for us, and Fred throughout his time here. So there's a lot that goes into it, but you always want to do what you think is best for the team, and we'll make that decision."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Vikings_considering_moving_reluctant_Kevin_Williams_to_nose_tackle110813

Guion, who switched to the nose prior to signing his new deal has three sacks from that position; Kevin Williams had 2.5 last night. Playing the 1-tech, in non-obvious passing situations, will often leave him solo blocked against a guard while the center slides over to double the 3-tech.

Playing the nose also puts him in a position where he is as close to the QB as possible at the beginning of the snap. How many of us have been clamoring for this change for a while now?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd support Williams sliding over to the one tech spot. If he can be resigned, that would fill an obvious need and mn would only need to add additional depth instead of a new starter. My concern is the run game, the interior got chewed up.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I'd support Williams sliding over to the one tech spot. If he can be resigned, that would fill an obvious need and mn would only need to add additional depth instead of a new starter. My concern is the run game, the interior got chewed up.

Washington's run game did a number on the Vikes last night, for sure. Yes, the DTs could've played better, but the real culprits were the LBs. Yes, there were some plays made, but the vast majority of the running plays showed Henderson failing to get off a block or failing to read the hole properly. Greenway and Mitchell didn't do any better.

When your SS is in on 16 tackles, that's a sign . . . not a good one.
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

Yes Finally! This totally opens up that spread formation shotgun draw to Peterson which he usually has a pretty nice hole to run through as well.

I totally yelled that out during the play. We called a run play...OUT OF SHOTGUN! And it worked!

Plus, wasn't there talk that Ponder feels more comfortable in shotgun?
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipscoggins ‏@chipscoggins 2m
He joked that Sharrif Floyd should play nose since he's younger. Kevin said Vikings experimented with him at NT vs. Green Bay last year
vikes635

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

yeah this bums me out hopefully its just a sophmore slump because i realy like matt

Rip Sean Taylor

PROPS TO Joe_is_the_best for the Sig

Adopt A Viking= Kyle Rudolph Rec=5 Targets=10 Drops= Penalties= tot yds=69 TD=1 Lng=21

Pre Season= 4 catches 1 drop 44 yards
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m
On Christian Ponder: Sources tell me his left shoulder dislocation is considered minor. Very possible he starts next week. Will know by Wed
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m
On Christian Ponder: Sources tell me his left shoulder dislocation is considered minor. Very possible he starts next week. Will know by Wed

the timing would be perfect if they wanted to give Freeman another look. They have an extra half week to get him prepped, and the injury kind of covers up a potential benching so if Freeman plays poorly again, they can go back to a healthier Ponder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 1 of 39

Jump to: