Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 Other NFL Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYwAktRIAAA9hCv.jpg:large
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zastudil and Nortman providing good examples of why a premium punter is worth more than an elite kicker. Pinning your opponent at the 1 is massive psychological swing and cripples their play-calling.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 31 Yards: 409 TDs: 4
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
Zastudil and Nortman providing good examples of why a premium punter is worth more than an elite kicker. Pinning your opponent at the 1 is massive psychological swing and cripples their play-calling.

I would hope that all Pats fans understand the value of a punter after watching Steve Weatherford almost single handedly kill New England's chances in the Super Bowl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totatally unnecessary to go for 2 there. If go for it and lose your trusting your defense to get you the ball back twice in less than 5 mins against Peyton Manning. If you just kick the PAT you're asking your defense to get you the ball back once in less than 5 mins against Peyton Manning.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naq wrote:
Totatally unnecessary to go for 2 there. If go for it and lose your trusting your defense to get you the ball back twice in less than 5 mins against Peyton Manning. If you just kick the PAT you're asking your defense to get you the ball back once in less than 5 mins against Peyton Manning.

But if the situation is 'if you miss the 2pt convert you lose' then you are only equally likely to lose going for it on the 1st than you are on the 2nd?
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next two weeks scare the crap outta me tbh.

I think the Panthers front 7 is going to absolutely destroy the Pats O line and Brady will very rarely have a clean pocket and enough time for his receivers to get open. Worried about the run game struggling mightily as well.

I hope I'm wrong...but the Panthers defense seems like they could have on of those games where the Pats O gets completely shut down.

The Broncos game is scary for the exact opposite reason. With the injuries to Mayo and Wilfork, I think the Broncos will be able to get a little bit of a run going and abuse the heck out of our LBs in coverage. I can see Welker and Thomas getting open whenever they feel like it and really hurting the Pats on 3rd down conversions.

I just don't think we have the personnel to deal with all their weapons or get consistent pressure on Peyton after the injuries.

Sig credit: Deadpulse
Naq

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaymun wrote:
Naq wrote:

But if the situation is 'if you miss the 2pt convert you lose' then you are only equally likely to lose going for it on the 1st than you are on the 2nd?

How? The game is over if you miss on the first. You're not getting the ball back twice in less than 5 mins against Peyton Manning. If you go for it and make it, you just need a TD and the PAT to tie. With the PAT on the first TD you ensure that all you need is one possession to tie, rather than putting it all on the line right then and there unnecessarily. The chances of getting the 2 on either TD is not important. The important part is the you will need 2 possessions instead of 1 if you miss it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naq wrote:
Jaymun wrote:
Naq wrote:

How? The game is over if you miss on the first. You're not getting the ball back twice in less than 5 mins against Peyton Manning. If you go for it and make it, you just need a TD and the PAT to tie. With the PAT on the first TD you ensure that all you need is one possession to tie, rather than putting it all on the line right then and there unnecessarily. The chances of getting the 2 on either TD is not important. The important part is the you will need 2 possessions instead of 1 if you miss it

If you make the first, you need 1 score + 1 PAT, so you tie with a TD essentially
If you miss on the 1st the game is over.

If you score your TD and make it on the 2nd, you tie
If you miss on the 2nd, the game is over.

So your likelihood to tie in either case is how likely you are to score 1 td + 1 2 point convert + 1 PAT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
It will be a very interesting off-season for Houston. Do they commit to Keenum and dump Schaub? Does Kubiak come back?

I think were I their GM, I probably go QB early (assuming a top 12 pick) and dump Schaub for anything I can get (if anything). Fire Kubiak and bring in a coach who has a good reputation for working with QB's.

If I'm the Texans, I dump Schuab too, probably for a conditional pick. I try and draft Brett Hundley or Tahj Boyd. Kubiak survives one more year, but they find a new QB coach.

Sigs-Taking Requests
Sciz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
If I'm the Texans, I dump Schuab too, probably for a conditional pick. I try and draft Brett Hundley or Tahj Boyd. Kubiak survives one more year, but they find a new QB coach.
I wonder if the Texans can even get anything for him. No team wants that $10M salary.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
I wonder if the Texans can even get anything for him. No team wants that $10M salary.

That's why it would have to be a conditional pick or nothing.

Sigs-Taking Requests
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

That's why it would have to be a conditional pick or nothing.

Their best bet is probably to cut Schaub, eat his $10M dead cap hit, punt 2014 somewhat and go for 2015.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need your guys' help.

I'm in a heated argument with a coworker who is claiming that stats and stats alone are the end all be all for judging how good a QB is.

I am looking for instances over a good stretch of games where a mediocre QB has posted better stats than the elite QBs (manning, brady, roders, brees, etc.)

Is there any way for me to find this type of information, like pfr or something, that makes it easier than going through game by game for the past ten seasons?

Sig credit: Deadpulse
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
I need your guys' help.

I'm in a heated argument with a coworker who is claiming that stats and stats alone are the end all be all for judging how good a QB is.

I am looking for instances over a good stretch of games where a mediocre QB has posted better stats than the elite QBs (manning, brady, roders, brees, etc.)

Is there any way for me to find this type of information, like pfr or something, that makes it easier than going through game by game for the past ten seasons?

You could always point out that Joe Namath is in the HOF

Sigs-Taking Requests
Sciz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Ingram just got so excited about a 13 yard run that he spun the ball afterward and got a 5 yard penalty Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: