Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Solidarity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Richie Incognito, right or wrong, ever play another down in the NFL?
Done'ers
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Fresh start somewhere else
47%
 47%  [ 9 ]
Return as team leader to the Dolphins
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

simian07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Solidarity Reply with quote

***Mods...if you don't feel this should be its own topic and need to lock, I understand Idea.***

Hey there, guys. I'm a Packer fan (coming in peace) who has kept up with the whole media frenzy of "J. Martin vs all of the above" aka "J. Martin's last money grab". I want to extend my support to Dolphin fans and let you know that we're not all falling for this crap.

Based on the mounting evidence, it reads clear to me that Richie Incognito--past history be damned--is the real victim here for trying to change his ways and be a better man & then having his past used as get-out-of-responsibility card by Martin & the media. And I promise you I'm not Richie Incognito Smile.

Honestly, I just don't care about the phone message; context is context is context. The media has reached an all time low, an all time high in irresponsible reporting, and the "let's burn the witch" mentality of commentators on the radio/"the network" is disgusting to me. The arrogance and self-righteousness is the worst part (how many of us have been listening to the commentators yelling at dissenting opinions of callers, acting disgusted themselves? Yuck.).

There is a certain level of trust amongst friends to not have our words used against us. It's bad enough when irresponsible reporters omit parts of discussions in order to create an artificial context for a quote. I feel that what Martin did was much more reprehensible; he violated a friendship. Incognito, if anyone, is the one taking the high road (so far, at least Smile ).

I am proud of the way the Dolphins players and coaching staff have come together around this and not taken the easy path (read: maintaining political correctness at the expense of ethical correctness). The amazing level of loyalty displayed to Incognito by Dolphins players, both current & former, says a lot to me about their integrity as men. They are well aware of how much they will be criticized and yet still speak out. Nice try, Media, in attempting to undermine them by lumping them together as neanderthals stuck in "a bully culture".

I feel inspired by this commitment to standing for what is just and find myself wanting to cheer for these guys, Coach Philbin included (and yes, I still want Ireland fired, but that's just more common sense Wink ). I would love for the team to come together and make a playoff run in the face of the odds and the naysayers. To me, the team's solidarity is a show of the level of true leadership in that locker room, and if Incognito is/was the team's leader, I can only assume it's because of him.

Though still unresolved as of yet and with details yet to come, I feel confident that, whether or not Martin exploits the system and ruins Incognito, the players have spoken loud & clear about what was really going on. Many are clinging to hot buttons (yes, the hot button word in the voice mail is still just a word. One must understand the relationship to understand the context), and this saddens me. The relationship was a close one between Incognito & Martin--too much corroborating player testimony for me to believe otherwise.

I understand that many have dug in on the other side, and I respect differing opinions though do not agree.

In conclusion, I am proud of the teamness (yup...it's a word) this team is showing and count myself a Dolphin fan.

You have my support. Go Packers! (<--hey, I had to get at least one in there Razz ) Go Dolphins! Surprised Surprised

Last edited by simian07 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Niedermaier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richie is going to Oakland

http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_24478033/richie-incognito-contact-raiders-offensive-coordinator-greg-olson

Will we ever address the Guard position?

ADOPT-A-PHIN:

#30 Chris Clemons, SS, Miami Dolphins, 2013 Stats

49 TACKLES | 23 ASSISTS | 1 INT | 7 PASSES DEFENDED | 4 STUFF YARDS
simian07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niedermaier wrote:
Richie is going to Oakland

http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_24478033/richie-incognito-contact-raiders-offensive-coordinator-greg-olson

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves with that. He is suspended, still a Dolphin for the time being, and there will be more details emerging most likely. If he's no longer a Dolphin, Oakland could be a great place for him. Ironically, Incognito would be playing right next to Stanford.
DolphWins

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with everything you said. Trying to avoid that cesspool of a thread in NFL news.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
157 Rush - 628 Yards - 4.0 Avg - 2 TD [] 25 Rec - 166 Yards
simian07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DolphWins wrote:
Agree with everything you said. Trying to avoid that cesspool of a thread in NFL news.

So I'm not crazy. Phew. Well...or at least there are two crazy people here, DolphWins Wink.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole situation has made following football not fun....

I would much rather discuss Wake DPW award

The Monday night game

Beating the Bengals

Unfortunately, news stories such as these will dominate conversation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
This whole situation has made following football not fun....

I would much rather discuss Wake DPW award

The Monday night game

Beating the Bengals

Unfortunately, news stories such as these will dominate conversation.

There is an article on the NFL's web page that discusses the lawyer for Martin releasing a statement. The writer has one of those "You are warned that this article will say some disturbing things, but it's not our fault for posting it (even though we know that sex, drugs, violence, societal sickness sells and fully expect you to be drawn like flies to honey to the drama (read: trauma))" at the beginning. I won't post what's on there (feel free to have a look if you like), but I cannot believe that the NFL would post that. But yeah, I guess I can.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Solidarity Reply with quote

simian07 wrote:
***Mods...if you don't feel this should be its own topic and need to lock, I understand Idea.***

Hey there, guys. I'm a Packer fan (coming in peace) who has kept up with the whole media frenzy of "J. Martin vs all of the above" aka "J. Martin's last money grab". I want to extend my support to Dolphin fans and let you know that we're not all falling for this crap.

Based on the mounting evidence, it reads clear to me that Richie Incognito--past history be damned--is the real victim here for trying to change his ways and be a better man & then having his past used as get-out-of-responsibility card by Martin & the media. And I promise you I'm not Richie Incognito Smile.

Honestly, I just don't care about the phone message; context is context is context. The media has reached an all time low, an all time high in irresponsible reporting, and the "let's burn the witch" mentality of commentators on the radio/"the network" is disgusting to me. The arrogance and self-righteousness is the worst part (how many of us have been listening to the commentators yelling at dissenting opinions of callers, acting disgusted themselves? Yuck.).

There is a certain level of trust amongst friends to not have our words used against us. It's bad enough when irresponsible reporters omit parts of discussions in order to create an artificial context for a quote. I feel that what Martin did was much more reprehensible; he violated a friendship. Incognito, if anyone, is the one taking the high road (so far, at least Smile ).

I am proud of the way the Dolphins players and coaching staff have come together around this and not taken the easy path (read: maintaining political correctness at the expense of ethical correctness). The amazing level of loyalty displayed to Incognito by Dolphins players, both current & former, says a lot to me about their integrity as men. They are well aware of how much they will be criticized and yet still speak out. Nice try, Media, in attempting to undermine them by lumping them together as neanderthals stuck in "a bully culture".

I feel inspired by this commitment to standing for what is just and find myself wanting to cheer for these guys, Coach Philbin included (and yes, I still want Ireland fired, but that's just more common sense Wink ). I would love for the team to come together and make a playoff run in the face of the odds and the naysayers. To me, the team's solidarity is a show of the level of true leadership in that locker room, and if Incognito is/was the team's leader, I can only assume it's because of him.

Though still unresolved as of yet and with details yet to come, I feel confident that, whether or not Martin exploits the system and ruins Incognito, the players have spoken loud & clear about what was really going on. Many are clinging to hot buttons (yes, the hot button word in the voice mail is still just a word. One must understand the relationship to understand the context), and this saddens me. The relationship was a close one between Incognito & Martin--too much corroborating player testimony for me to believe otherwise.

I understand that many have dug in on the other side, and I respect differing opinions though do not agree.

In conclusion, I am proud of the teamness (yup...it's a word) this team is showing and count myself a Dolphin fan.

You have my support. Go Packers! (<--hey, I had to get at least one in there Razz ) Go Dolphins! Surprised Surprised
I agree with everything 100 percent in here. 100 percent and know how the media works its a cruel game and unfortunately Martin played this perfect.
simian07

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Solidarity Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
Surprised Surprised I agree with everything 100 percent in here. 100 percent and know how the media works its a cruel game and unfortunately Martin played this perfect.

Yes, he did. As much as I consider myself an educated person in a good way, I wonder if him being a Stanford guy is part of this nonsense; the whole thing seems almost diabolically pre-meditated with the keeping of recorded messages for months etc. & then a context spun on it all at the last second. Grr.

And by the way, I just moved away from Santa Rosa!
simian07

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thanks for the great responses, guys. I seldom create my own topic. Radness.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Solidarity Reply with quote

simian07 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Surprised Surprised I agree with everything 100 percent in here. 100 percent and know how the media works its a cruel game and unfortunately Martin played this perfect.

Yes, he did. As much as I consider myself an educated person in a good way, I wonder if him being a Stanford guy is part of this nonsense; the whole thing seems almost diabolically pre-meditated with the keeping of recorded messages for months etc. & then a context spun on it all at the last second. Grr.

And by the way, I just moved away from Santa Rosa!
Tough to say I do think at times Richie probably did give him a hard time but its been said numerous times during the draft process that Martin plans to attend law school at Harvard after his NFL career. If he doesn't pursue another NFL gig and indeed does that I think it makes things more clear to me. I am so frustrated the way the media is over blowing the term bullying in this situation. I need to move away from Santa Rosa its very expensive lol
Dolphinmeister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sort of getting the feeling some Pats fans must have had during the spy gate ordeal.
Not a very fun or proud moment in Dolphins history.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN is reporting tonight that Richie incognito feels betrayed and is in shock regarding this situation and viewed himself as a big brother to Martin and Martin never once told him he had a problem with him
simian07

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinmeister wrote:
I am sort of getting the feeling some Pats fans must have had during the spy gate ordeal.
Not a very fun or proud moment in Dolphins history.

Yikes...things must be getting bad if Dolphins fans are turning into Patriots sympathizers!! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: