You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
Lions017 wrote:
I loved the first 40 hours or so of this game. Now I'm on Elaaden and it's just...starting to drag, I guess? I just don't feel that driven to keep playing, which is weird, because I was loving it up until this point. A lot of it is just too repetitive I guess, and my character is now so powerful that most fights don't offer a challenge.

That's what happened for me as well. I defended the game a ton around release. Once the main story line ended it completely fell off a cliff in terms of enjoyment... I still got a lot out of the game, and it was definitely worthwhile, but I don't see myself playing it much anymore.

Yeah, like the other MEs, I assume once I beat it, I will be done.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
Lions017

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:
Lions017 wrote:
I loved the first 40 hours or so of this game. Now I'm on Elaaden and it's just...starting to drag, I guess? I just don't feel that driven to keep playing, which is weird, because I was loving it up until this point. A lot of it is just too repetitive I guess, and my character is now so powerful that most fights don't offer a challenge.

That's what happened for me as well. I defended the game a ton around release. Once the main story line ended it completely fell off a cliff in terms of enjoyment... I still got a lot out of the game, and it was definitely worthwhile, but I don't see myself playing it much anymore.

See, I actually played through the first three at least twice each.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading about people diving into second playthroughs and can't fathom the idea. I was so ready to be done with the game by the time I finished. The lack of diverging story lines is another issue limiting replayability.

While paragon/renegade was a little simplistic, at least it felt different. The current approach just makes Ryder slightly different but with no consequences.
Stance Punk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:
I've been reading about people diving into second playthroughs and can't fathom the idea. I was so ready to be done with the game by the time I finished. The lack of diverging story lines is another issue limiting replayability.

While paragon/renegade was a little simplistic, at least it felt different. The current approach just makes Ryder slightly different but with no consequences.

I don't feel like making another playthrough either. I wish the plot was more than stop this big bad dude.
Lions017

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:

The class system helped with this too. I went through ME1 once with a soldier, once with a vanguard, and once with an engineer, just to see how differently they all played. In Andromeda you can do anything. I've pretty much leveled up all of the biotic skills that I want, for example, so even my adept is starting to unlock some different skills so I can switch things up and get a couple of achievements.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:

That we currently know of. Gonna take a wild guess that some of the decisions that were made in this game will no doubt have consequences down the road in the coming games

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Drew-Vinated wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:

That we currently know of. Gonna take a wild guess that some of the decisions that were made in this game will no doubt have consequences down the road in the coming games

Like how ME3 finished Wink
MikeT14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:
Lions017 wrote:

See, I actually played through the first three at least twice each.

Well I mean I played through the first three, and then like 4 years later PSN had a sale for all 3 for like $10, and I played through them again. I just meant (like with most games) if I beat it, I'm kind of done.

- mike23md

MikeT14

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished it last night. A really solid game that I put a lot of time in to. Definitely has a lot to improve upon, but it was nice the way they left it open ended for a sequel.

- mike23md

naptownskinsfan

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
Lions017 wrote:

I figure they have a couple DLC releases over the next 12 months which will keep me coming back to it. However, with the shear volume of stuff in this game, I don't see myself doing a second play through for some time. I definitely got a lot out of it too, but there's just a few things that don't make this replayable for me like ME2 and ME3 were......and that's not a bad thing either.

I am sure its already been discussed, but please indulge me since I also just finished the game, but what are the opinions that you guys have on who the Benefactor is? I'm seeing some crazy idea, and some that make sense. I guess the theory I'm behind is that it's tied to the Illusive Man.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

naptownskinsfan wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:
Lions017 wrote:

I figure they have a couple DLC releases over the next 12 months which will keep me coming back to it. However, with the shear volume of stuff in this game, I don't see myself doing a second play through for some time. I definitely got a lot out of it too, but there's just a few things that don't make this replayable for me like ME2 and ME3 were......and that's not a bad thing either.

I am sure its already been discussed, but please indulge me since I also just finished the game, but what are the opinions that you guys have on who the Benefactor is? I'm seeing some crazy idea, and some that make sense. I guess the theory I'm behind is that it's tied to the Illusive Man.
My first thought was the Illusive Man, but then they hinted some that the benefactor may have traveled to Andromeda too, which wouldn't fit with I.M.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
naptownskinsfan

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
My first thought was the Illusive Man, but then they hinted some that the benefactor may have traveled to Andromeda too, which wouldn't fit with I.M.

He checks all the boxes except for one- the voice to Alec was female during transmission, but that could have easily been doctored. Cerberus agents could have been placed on the Nexus, as we saw some Cerberus exiles on Kadara. But, TIM makes sense from the following perspectives:

1.) AI- his organization created an AI, EDI, for Shepard on the Normandy SR2. It stands to reason he had the funding and knowledge to help Alec complete SAM.

2.) Fear of the impending Reaper invasion. TIM was about the only person aside from David Anderson who believed Shepard, and who may have had the pull and resources to bankroll the Andromeda Initiative and launch them early.

3.) Financial resources- as we saw with Project Lazarus, building a new Normandy and the manpower at his disposal, TIM had the money to bankroll the Initiative.

4.) Survival of humanity- TIM was also concerned about the superiority of humanity but he also wanted to survive. While his goal was to eventually control the Reapers, his concern for humanity was such that he would want to send a small group out to guarantee the survival of the human race.

Now, to my final point, and why I believe TIM is the Benefactor- while TIM is dead, as evidenced from our experience in ME3, he wanted humanity to survive. While he wanted to stay and face the Reaper invasion in the hopes of controlling them, he would not have trusted Andromeda to just anyone, but his daughter. Before taking the persona of TIM, his name was Jack Harper. Therefore, I believe the agent of the Benefactor is Cora Harper, and if it is, I think that's a clever piece of writing by Bioware if they can pull off the betrayal at some point, especially good if your Ryder romanced Cora.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Cora Harper is the benefactor, that would be a pretty damn good twist.

Also, as far as second playthroughs, I am definitely doing a second playthrough once all the DLC has been released.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Harper and Cora Harper cannot be a coincidence.

- mike23md

HighHopes

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory is that Andromeda 2 will be following ME2 so it might be someone brand new. Was the Illusive Man mentioned in ME1? Atleast he wasn't a real character right?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 50 of 52

Jump to: