Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Day Week 10 at Ravens (3-5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Bengals
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Ravens
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Why is there a 3rd option?
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
We have to win 4 out of the next 6. And we should be the desparate team next week.

No trap game with Cleveland this time. And the Bengals are home this time. I feel pretty confident about this game TBH.

It is hard for me to be confident going into any game with Andy at QB. When he is playing his BEST, he gives us a great chance to win, unfortunately, he is only at his best a handful of games out of the year. The rest of the games are a coin toss. If we get the breaks and the defense plays out of their minds we win, if everything else doesn't go perfectly, we lose.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
We have to win 4 out of the next 6. And we should be the desparate team next week.

No trap game with Cleveland this time. And the Bengals are home this time. I feel pretty confident about this game TBH.

It is hard for me to be confident going into any game with Andy at QB. When he is playing his BEST, he gives us a great chance to win, unfortunately, he is only at his best a handful of games out of the year. The rest of the games are a coin toss. If we get the breaks and the defense plays out of their minds we win, if everything else doesn't go perfectly, we lose.

I realize you're a Bengals fan, so i get the pessimism. But how do you think other team's fans feel? Do you think they feel great with Jason Campbell playing QB? Do you honestly believe that things only go wrong for this team?

The last two games were set up perfectly for losses. It's time to move on and stop playing the part of Chicken Little. THE SKY IF FALLING! The Bengals are back at home and should be pretty good favorites for this game. This is probably a bounce back game for Andy after two bad weeks.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

I realize you're a Bengals fan, so i get the pessimism. But how do you think other team's fans feel? Do you think they feel great with Jason Campbell playing QB? Do you honestly believe that things only go wrong for this team?

The last two games were set up perfectly for losses. It's time to move on and stop playing the part of Chicken Little. THE SKY IF FALLING! The Bengals are back at home and should be pretty good favorites for this game. This is probably a bounce back game for Andy after two bad weeks.

I understand that there are teams in worse QB situations than us. However, thinking other teams are worse off doesn't give me any more confidence in Andy as our QB. With how hot and cold he is in every game, it is impossible to think going into any game that we should win when you don't know what you are getting at the QB position. I understand your points on Dalton, we will have to agree to disagree on him.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Not trolling, I swear. As a Browns fan I can say I feel pretty comfortable with Campbell at QB, check his stats bruh. IMO, there should be confidence from both teams going into the game. Cleveland is on the ups and Cincy has the talent, they just cant seem to get consistent play from Dalton.

I think this game is about defense and will go to the team whos QB manages the game the best. Due to injuries to Geno and Rey, Cleveland's Defense has the edge. Either way, I am looking forward to watching this one.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
I'm glad we're at home against the Browns. We just can't get things right on the road.

Need a strong home stand going forward, 4 out of last 6 games are at home. We can at least win out at home we can get to 10 wins which should put us in the playoffs.

Very happy with the way our defense played yesterday. Gives me hope...

Defence, was superb; didn't realise we graded out @ #5 overall.

Looks like we also found another good LB in Vinnie Rey. Could potentially line up W=Burfict, M=Rey, S=Maualuga. Rey looked fast and solid yesterday, and got to the QB too.......

Thompson looked solid up the middle too; Rice didn't look like breaking one all day.

Love your passion, but the ravens o-line has stunk all year long and Rice has been playing at a level nowhere near 90%

There's a fine line between passion and stupidity.......

Marvin has been getting a beating for his 'aggressive' 4th down calls. Just watched the game over, wouldn't it have been really ballsy to go for the 2pt conversion after the 'Hail Mary' ?

I was watching this game with my brother and during the last drive I told him we should go for 2. I have 0 faith in our offense driving the length of the field against a team in OT. I figured you go for 2 and try to sneak a win out before Baltimore realizes the game is over.

Yup, my buddy here was screaming "go for 2, quick-snap, naked bootleg might work......."

That would have absolutely killed Harbaugh........

We can all double-guess and dream I suppose........
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
Not trolling, I swear. As a Browns fan I can say I feel pretty comfortable with Campbell at QB, check his stats bruh. IMO, there should be confidence from both teams going into the game. Cleveland is on the ups and Cincy has the talent, they just cant seem to get consistent play from Dalton.

I think this game is about defense and will go to the team whos QB manages the game the best. Due to injuries to Geno and Rey, Cleveland's Defense has the edge. Either way, I am looking forward to watching this one.

Agree 'NZ', two great/good top 10 defences, offences not so much. I watched CLE v BAL last weekend, and I was impressed with Campbell. Maualuga should be available Sunday, but his back-up Vinnie Rey played real well. Zimmer schemed well last week, to overcome the loss of Geno, and his replacement Thompson also played well.

Its going to be fun watching AJ and Haden duke it out again, and I don't like the match-ups of our DB's v Gordon and Cameron. I think that's where you guys have the edge.......

Haven't looked forward to a Browns Bengals game this much for a long long time...........
NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

Agree 'NZ', two great/good top 10 defences, offences not so much. I watched CLE v BAL last weekend, and I was impressed with Campbell. Maualuga should be available Sunday, but his back-up Vinnie Rey played real well. Zimmer schemed well last week, to overcome the loss of Geno, and his replacement Thompson also played well.

Its going to be fun watching AJ and Haden duke it out again, and I don't like the match-ups of our DB's v Gordon and Cameron. I think that's where you guys have the edge.......

Haven't looked forward to a Browns Bengals game this much for a long long time...........

Yeah there are good matchups all over the place, AJ v Haden, Geo v Browns front 7, Campbell v Dalton, NE Ohio v SW Ohio, Johnny Walker v my liver.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

Yeah there are good matchups all over the place, AJ v Haden, Geo v Browns front 7, Campbell v Dalton, NE Ohio v SW Ohio, Johnny Walker v my liver.

Not so much Johnny Walker, some English grog for me, Bengals Browns is on live TV over here for the first time since Bernie v Boomer, so it'll be a big ole stack of food, beer, and painkillers at the ready for afterwards !

Going into our bye week 7-4 sounds a whole lot better than 6-5.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Agree.

In other news around the league 49ers fans are rippin' on Kaepernick; Packers, Rams and Patriots fans are wanting to draft a QB, Panther fans are rippin' on Newton; Seahawk fans are doubting Wilson etc etc.......

.......not to mention Pittsburgh and Atlanta.......

Last edited by LondonBengal on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's be happy we don't have Christian Ponder as our QB. His Hail Marry pass would have landed around the 15...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Let's be happy we don't have Christian Ponder as our QB. His Hail Marry pass would have landed around the 15...

Lol at the Ponder stab. That was a brutal hail mary by him.

I've been saying for 3 years that Dalton's distance and velocity is fine. It's not amazing, but NFL QB's have survived and prospered with his talent set. He just has no damn idea when to throw the deep ball (timing) or how much air to put under it. His timing is probably the worst aspect.

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I've been saying for 3 years that Dalton's distance and velocity is fine. It's not amazing, but NFL QB's have survived and prospered with his talent set. He just has no damn idea when to throw the deep ball (timing) or how much air to put under it. His timing is probably the worst aspect.

Yup; and a major aspect that came with him from TCU was his accuracy. He has much work to do.

This week both Lewis and Gruden were talking about other aspects of his
game that are often overlooked...... they obviously like his overall play a lot.......
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Yup; and a major aspect that came with him from TCU was his accuracy. He has much work to do.

game that are often overlooked...... they obviously like his overall play a lot.......

His overall numbers for the year will come out nicely i'm sure. Just needs to work on his consistency week in and week out. The highs have been very high this year, but the lows have been low enough to make people forget about the 5-6 good to great games.

Good news is that very few QB's put up Peyton Manning/Drew Brees type seasons their 3rd season as a pro. Dalton has a long way to go, but i still shake my head at those people that say he's reached his "ceiling", like that can actually be quantified. Most QB's reach their peak in their late 20's. Takes a while to fully grasp the mental side of things and become a QB that puts up 13-14 great games every year.

Hell, look at the other young guys around the league. Luck, RGIII, Cam, Kaepernick, Wilson, etc. They've all struggled for multiple games this year. Let's not pretend like Dalton, in his 3rd season, should be any different.

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

His overall numbers for the year will come out nicely i'm sure. Just needs to work on his consistency week in and week out. The highs have been very high this year, but the lows have been low enough to make people forget about the 5-6 good to great games.

Good news is that very few QB's put up Peyton Manning/Drew Brees type seasons their 3rd season as a pro. Dalton has a long way to go, but i still shake my head at those people that say he's reached his "ceiling", like that can actually be quantified. Most QB's reach their peak in their late 20's. Takes a while to fully grasp the mental side of things and become a QB that puts up 13-14 great games every year.

Hell, look at the other young guys around the league. Luck, RGIII, Cam, Kaepernick, Wilson, etc. They've all struggled for multiple games this year. Let's not pretend like Dalton, in his 3rd season, should be any different.

I agree with this analysis 'J'; and most regular folks here know that I for one; on balance; like what Dalton has achieved since we drafted him, and want to see him continue to develop and improve as he gets more experience. This is a tough league; and he had the most brutal of starts without any pre-season. He survived, and with a few more strong performances will have taken us to the play-offs in each of his first 3 years, something no Bengal QB has ever done..

The reason for my patience with Dalton generally is that he is IMO a considerable improvement over Palmer and all our QB's since Esiason, and his early numbers generally support this.

I see the same shortcomings with him as others do, but I believe they are coaching points to be improved upon rather than reasons to can him.

I do however think we should draft a QB early next spring to upgrade Johnson, and to keep challenging Dalton with quality; but I also believe Dalton is our best bet at being successful in the coming post seasons, rather than taking the riskier route of tearing things up and starting again.

I also believe FWIW that irrespective of what I or others think about Dalton, the Bengals like him as a their leader, and they will look to extend his contract next spring.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlos Dunlap was fined $15,750 for that 'horse-collar' tackle on Flacco. I've looked at this tackle over and over, and why they fined Dunlap is beyond me. he tackles him both sides of his jersey, not his pads........

Burfict didn't get a fine for the unnecessary roughness flag he received for hitting Flacco running up the sideline. Burfict argued that Flacco was still running inbounds and not yet out of bounds and the tape backed him up.

There ought to be a system of getting those penalty yards back, where they are added to the first drive of the next game or something.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: