Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Day Week 10 at Ravens (3-5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Bengals
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Ravens
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Why is there a 3rd option?
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decision making was poor by coaches. Couple of dumb and questionable penalties. Reggie Nelson getting lost in coverage and setting up Baltimore with that penalty. Wind killing any effectiveness downfield. Poor blocking. Receivers not catching balls that had to be placed a bit off but still hit their hands,

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
Decision making was poor by coaches. Couple of dumb and questionable penalties. Reggie Nelson getting lost in coverage and setting up Baltimore with that penalty. Wind killing any effectiveness downfield. Poor blocking. Receivers not catching balls that had to be placed a bit off but still hit their hands,

Yeah I noticed a bunch of balls that were off enough that they wouldnt be considered drops but they did hit the receivers in the hands. And the complete lack of PI calls that weren't called. The first throw to AJ where Webb clearly got there before the ball did and Drunkin Dan Dierdorf is saying how perfectly timed the db was, what a horribly unfunny joke.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

Yeah I noticed a bunch of balls that were off enough that they wouldnt be considered drops but they did hit the receivers in the hands. And the complete lack of PI calls that weren't called. The first throw to AJ where Webb clearly got there before the ball did and Drunkin Dan Dierdorf is saying how perfectly timed the db was, what a horribly unfunny joke.

Agree 'FB'.

Dalton is potentially a problem, but he wasn't the sole reason we lost as some are saying.

Spotting the Ravens 10 points early due to poor coaching, and Nugent missing a FG were also factors.

Some of the calls; (both ways); were horrible all day; particularly the holding past 5 yards the Raven DB's were getting away with all game.

That sideline call on Burfict was just horrible. Coaches get fired for making bad decisions, so should umpires........
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
I'm frustrated. I need to take the dog for a walk... I also need a dog...

I've got two. Pick one. take both.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defense was solid.

Marvin may never go for a fourth down again after those two times. Gruden needs to wake up and call a better game.

As mentioned, Dierdorff had me mad all game, to the point that I turned off the volume and the radio simulcast on... despite the fact that the two broadcasts were nearly 20 seconds apart (radio call was 20 seconds behind the tv). That dude should be banned from all future Bengal games, especially road games. otherwise, I might find him in the streets Wink

Dalton continues to hinder this team. badly at times. The refs were horrid in all areas, but the costliest calls seemed to go against us all day.

We have to win 4 out of the next 6. And we should be the desparate team next week.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
and the radio simulcast on... despite the fact that the two broadcasts were nearly 20 seconds apart (radio call was 20 seconds behind the tv).

Reminds me of years gone by when there was no gridiron football on British TV at all; the only live games I could get were dodgy US Armed Force Radio broadcasts with Jack Ham and Hank Stram.

Ahhhhh, those were the days, Pete Johnson 4 times from the 1.......
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
We have to win 4 out of the next 6. And we should be the desparate team next week.

No trap game with Cleveland this time. And the Bengals are home this time. I feel pretty confident about this game TBH.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Dalton continues to hinder this team. badly at times.

He does, but you have to hand it to the Ravens D, they were blanket covering our guys all day, and collapsing the pocket with apparent ease. QB has to improve, but others do too.

If there was one game on the schedule where we needed Gresham it was probably yesterday, we were having to keep backs and TE's in to block, allowing their DB's to corrall our receivers.

I don't think too many teams would have made much progress in Baltimore yesterday.

Like our other close defeats in CHI, CLE and MIA we had a chance to win late, and blew it.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

No trap game with Cleveland this time. And the Bengals are home this time. I feel pretty confident about this game TBH.

For me, not so much.

The Browns are another desperate team. Win and its a 1 game lead with 5 to go; they own the tie breaker; and the chance to draw level with us whilst we're on the bye week. We win and its a 3 game lead.

Another close tough AFCN grind, with the Browns healthy and coming off a bye. I just hope our luck didn't end with that 'Hail Mary' Sunday, and we get a better umpiring crew this week.

'Biggest' Ohio derby since Bernie v Boomer. So big, its the 'live' game on Sky (Fox) TV over here.......
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad we're at home against the Browns. We just can't get things right on the road.

Need a strong home stand going forward, 4 out of last 6 games are at home. We can at least win out at home we can get to 10 wins which should put us in the playoffs.

Very happy with the way our defense played yesterday. Gives me hope...
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
I'm glad we're at home against the Browns. We just can't get things right on the road.

Need a strong home stand going forward, 4 out of last 6 games are at home. We can at least win out at home we can get to 10 wins which should put us in the playoffs.

Defence, was superb; didn't realise we graded out @ #5 overall.

Looks like we also found another good LB in Vinnie Rey. Could potentially line up W=Burfict, M=Rey, S=Maualuga. Rey looked fast and solid yesterday, and got to the QB too.......

Thompson looked solid up the middle too; Rice didn't look like breaking one all day.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Looks like we also found another good LB in Vinnie Rey. Could potentially line up W=Burfict, M=Rey, S=Maualuga. Rey looked fast and solid yesterday, and got to the QB too.......

Thompson looked solid up the middle too; Rice didn't look like breaking one all day.

Love your passion, but the ravens o-line has stunk all year long and Rice has been playing at a level nowhere near 90%
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Love your passion, but the ravens o-line has stunk all year long and Rice has been playing at a level nowhere near 90%

There's a fine line between passion and stupidity.......

Marvin has been getting a beating for his 'aggressive' 4th down calls. Just watched the game over, wouldn't it have been really ballsy to go for the 2pt conversion after the 'Hail Mary' ?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Bengals RG Zeitler in boot this afternoon

Great, like we don't have enough problems with the Browns D-Line...
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

There's a fine line between passion and stupidity.......

Marvin has been getting a beating for his 'aggressive' 4th down calls. Just watched the game over, wouldn't it have been really ballsy to go for the 2pt conversion after the 'Hail Mary' ?

I was watching this game with my brother and during the last drive I told him we should go for 2. I have 0 faith in our offense driving the length of the field against a team in OT. I figured you go for 2 and try to sneak a win out before Baltimore realizes the game is over.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: