Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Gordon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
I love Mack as well. And I don't like Beasley either. Laughing

My mancrush that I think will be available when we draft is Kyle Van Noy. He should be there at 32 ( Wink ) and I love him. We need to take him if we don't trade up for someone like Barr.

I don't see us drafting or signing an OT. I see us letting Brown walk and rolling with Armstead/Strief as our tackles. Or doesn't Strief's contract end this year? In that case we could do Brown/Armstead or move Brown back to RT and do Armstead/Brown.

I think your most likely scenario at tackle will be a combo with Brown and Armstead with Strief moving on.

As far as Van Noy... I think the Saints will have to trade up for him as well, I see him going somewhere between picks 22-26.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
I don't see us drafting or signing an OT. I see us letting Brown walk and rolling with Armstead/Strief as our tackles. Or doesn't Strief's contract end this year? In that case we could do Brown/Armstead or move Brown back to RT and do Armstead/Brown.

Brown and Armstead is much more likely. I doubt Brees would be comfortable having his 3rd LT in as many years.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 34 receptions, 278 yards, 1 first downs, 1 TD - 5 rushes, 64 yards, 3 first downs
Corey White - 29 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 fumble recovery
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Brown and Armstead is much more likely. I doubt Brees would be comfortable having his 3rd LT in as many years.

You hit the nail on the head, Continuity is the most underrated aspect of offensive line play. Let's all remember a few things here...

1. Charles Brown spent his whole time with the Saints as a right tackle before this season.

2. This year is his first extended time playing next to Grubbs and their lack of continuity playing together is a big part of their struggles, especially in zone.

3. The switch to zone blocking helped no one!

I honestly feel the most likely tackle tandem next year will be Charles Brown on the left side and Bryce Harris on the right. Call me crazy but I feel they choose the younger of the two between Brown and Strief to keep the built continuity on that side. It's easier to plug in a younger player on the right side due to the fact that you have an all-pro guard on that side to help out with calls. My surprise pick of Harris as the starting right tackle is for a few reasons...

1. Armstead is raw guys... real raw! There is a reason why he has rarely been activated for games. I think he will eventually replace Brown on the left side but his development will continue to be a work in progress. I still wouldn't rule out a switch to LG for Armstead once the Saints are in a position to get out of Grubbs contract.

2. Continuity! Bryce Harris is a player the Saints are really high on and has seen a fair share of time as the right tackle for the Saints during his time here allowing Evans and Harris to develop much more of a repore than with Armstead.

3. Zach Strief has been a decent pro for a 7th rounder but much like when the Saints moved on from Stichcomb, now it's time to move on from his understudy Strief and implement Striefs understudy Harris into a starting role.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: