Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Gordon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spanky3801

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Josh Gordon Reply with quote

By this time, we've all seen the decline in our aging receiving corps. While Stills has been the steal of the draft, other holes have developed. What are your thoughts on trading a second round 2014 pick and possibly a conditional 2015 pick in order to land him. We have other needs, but WR is still one of them. Josh Gordon has Andre 3000 potential, and he needs no time to develop.
We would possibly have to throw in a fourth or so as well, but we could still put together a good offseason while giving up the picks.

What if-
Trade for Josh Gordon
Trade Mark Ingram to Dallas for Morris Claiborne
Trade our 1st for a 2nd and a 5th

Draft-
2. Jeremiah Attochia (however it's spelled) DE/OLB GA Tech
3. OT, best available
5a. RB
5b. DE
6. BPA

I know the draft is vague, but I think you can see how we can address most needs with this idea.
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Gordon needs to keep his nose clean. Other than that... Love him. Tremendous speed and deep-threat ability, which would do wonders for our receiving core. That, honestly, is our biggest issue. Our best downfield threat is a 6-foot-6 TE. One of the best offensive players in the league, don't get me wrong. But we need a legitimate threat to stretch the field every play, someone like Josh Gordon.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:
Josh Gordon needs to keep his nose clean. Other than that... Love him. Tremendous speed and deep-threat ability, which would do wonders for our receiving core. That, honestly, is our biggest issue. Our best downfield threat is a 6-foot-6 TE. One of the best offensive players in the league, don't get me wrong. But we need a legitimate threat to stretch the field every play, someone like Josh Gordon.

I think you have really overlooked someone on this team right now...

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day.
QB Connoisseur

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the Cowboys would take Mark Ingram for Claiborne... Actually I'd be stunned if they agreed to that.

I'd like to trade for Gordon though honestly. I think it could take the offense to another level. Only problem is that we're pretty much out of cap space and our OL is in shambles..
Fray32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sooner we all accept that we're not getting anything for Mark Ingram, the better off we'll all be Razz
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB Connoisseur wrote:
I don't think the Cowboys would take Mark Ingram for Claiborne... Actually I'd be stunned if they agreed to that.

I'd like to trade for Gordon though honestly. I think it could take the offense to another level. Only problem is that we're pretty much out of cap space and our OL is in shambles..

Yeah.. definitely wouldn't happen.

^ made by CalhounLambeau
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Josh Gordon Reply with quote

spanky3801 wrote:
Trade Mark Ingram to Dallas for Morris Claiborne

Not happening. Not even close.

Right now, we'd be lucky to get a swift kick to the teeth in return for Ingram...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Josh Gordon Reply with quote

What would ya'll think the reaction would be from Saints fans if say we made a similar trade as Atlanta did a few years back when they landed Juilo JOnes, by moving up from the late 1st all the way up to the top 6 or 8 if Anthony Barr is available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Josh Gordon Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
What would ya'll think the reaction would be from Saints fans if say we made a similar trade as Atlanta did a few years back when they landed Juilo JOnes, by moving up from the late 1st all the way up to the top 6 or 8 if Anthony Barr is available.

If we signed an OT before we did that, I'd be fine with it.

If it limited our chances to bring in an OT in the draft, and we hadn't brought one in as a FA, I'd be livid.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Josh Gordon Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:

For a defensive need, I would be for it.

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Josh Gordon Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

If it limited our chances to bring in an OT in the draft, and we hadn't brought one in as a FA, I'd be livid.

Figuring for the Saints to pull off a trade to get up to say pick 6th, 7th or 8th the cost would most likely be 2014 1st & 2nd as well as 2015 1st & 4th.

A steep price but Barr could be the NFL's next special pass rusher... Not so sure I'd make the deal for Clowney though. Too many concerns about his effort, motor and work ethic.

navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Josh Gordon Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Figuring for the Saints to pull off a trade to get up to say pick 6th, 7th or 8th the cost would most likely be 2014 1st & 2nd as well as 2015 1st & 4th.

A steep price but Barr could be the NFL's next special pass rusher... Not so sure I'd make the deal for Clowney though. Too many concerns about his effort, motor and work ethic.

This, so very this. I honestly think he will be another Albert Haynesworth.

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see I'm not the only one low on Clowney. He's been underwhelming this year so far and has many concerns about his work ethic. I wouldn't draft him. I love Barr on the other hand.

"We know we can be the best football team in this league."
- Sean Payton

Adopt a Saint
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Glad to see I'm not the only one low on Clowney. He's been underwhelming this year so far and has many concerns about his work ethic. I wouldn't draft him. I love Barr on the other hand.

I'm very high on Barr and Mack, I believe both will be special in the NFL. Clowney will flash on the next level but will never reach expectations that will be placed on him. Vic Beasley to me will be the next Aaron Maybin.

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Mack as well. And I don't like Beasley either. Laughing

My mancrush that I think will be available when we draft is Kyle Van Noy. He should be there at 32 ( Wink ) and I love him. We need to take him if we don't trade up for someone like Barr.

I don't see us drafting or signing an OT. I see us letting Brown walk and rolling with Armstead/Strief as our tackles. Or doesn't Strief's contract end this year? In that case we could do Brown/Armstead or move Brown back to RT and do Armstead/Brown.

"We know we can be the best football team in this league."
- Sean Payton

Adopt a Saint
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: