Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10: Crushing the Cowgirls DAL@NO 11/10 (Primetime)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fray32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krewebrees wrote:
So Peterson was wearing 22 tonight.
preeeeeeetty sure the Saints have secretly discovered time travel and plucked LT straight out of 2006.

I mean, what is more likely: a 27 year old Tomlinson from the past, completely and irrevocably altering the fabric of time itself?...

...or Mark Ingram running hard and making plays

Laughing Laughing
Porter22

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Greer and Rafael Bush played all snaps yesterday. Am I the only one who feels like Bush is getting better every game? Could really see him getting a starting spot next year. Vaccaro, Bush and a new safety to play our 3-safety-sets would be very nice IMO
Injured Reserve: WR Joe Morgan
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
Both Greer and Rafael Bush played all snaps yesterday. Am I the only one who feels like Bush is getting better every game? Could really see him getting a starting spot next year. Vaccaro, Bush and a new safety to play our 3-safety-sets would be very nice IMO

Between Quddus, Jenkins, Harper, and White (who can play S, and I'm sure they've used him at S in a few snaps) we don't really need to worry about adding another S to the roster.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Porter22 wrote:

Between Quddus, Jenkins, Harper, and White (who can play S, and I'm sure they've used him at S in a few snaps) we don't really need to worry about adding another S to the roster.

Yeah if we keep both Jenkins and Harper, You're right. But currenty I can't see us keeping both. Jenkins will ask for to much money and Harper is getting older and his cap hit is to big with Jimmys contract up next year!
Quddus is IMO our worst safety this year and White will play more and more corner and is no safety if you ask me. Wouldn't be surprised if we draft a guy like Joyner to play the Jenkins role next year.
Injured Reserve: WR Joe Morgan
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Porter22 wrote:

Yeah if we keep both Jenkins and Harper, You're right. But currenty I can't see us keeping both. Jenkins will ask for to much money and Harper is getting older and his cap hit is to big with Jimmys contract up next year!
Quddus is IMO our worst safety this year and White will play more and more corner and is no safety if you ask me. Wouldn't be surprised if we draft a guy like Joyner to play the Jenkins role next year.

We'll save just over $500,000 if we cut Harper next year as opposed to saving almost $2,000,000 if we cut him after next season. I could see them keeping him around 1 more year because of that.

I do agree that Quddus is our worst safety, and I do agree that White will see more time at CB. I don't agree that should be the case though. I think he's a very solid option as a backup S.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's just great the versatility that both Vaccaro and White have. It adds so many options to our D and what we can do next offseason. It doesn't shoehorn us into a corner. I would like to see greater snaps for White at corner though.

I think that was our best all round game since Atlanta on MNF back in 2011 when Brees broke Marino's record. Or maybe even earlier. It's truly scary how good our offense can be when Brees has a running game to lean on also!

Slightly more confident about facing the 49ers this coming weekend, getting a W taking them out of the HFA battle will be great!
SWATcha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krewe_dat_504 wrote:
Ok Swatcha and domepatrol91, you win, Hartley sucks.

I don't want to win that argument. I just want that donkey to make kicks Evil or Very Mad

This is three weeks of building hatred now. 37 yarder....are you kiddin me?? If they don't cut him and move on he's going to end up costing the Saints a playoff game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who was that #22 guy runnin the ball last night? Mark Ingram is gonna be pissed when he finds out someone stole his jersey and ran for almost more yards in one game than he has his whole career!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Who was that #22 guy runnin the ball last night? Mark Ingram is gonna be pissed when he finds out someone stole his jersey and ran for almost more yards in one game than he has his whole career!

LMAO..what an amusing comment. Very revealing.
Since you can't bring yourself to admit that you might be wrong about Ingram, you exaggerate and try to be "funny".....
Ingram now has a higher per carry average than anyone else on the team. See if you can spin that into something negative about him. LMAO...

Face reality and acknowledge what everyone else in the nfl already knows. The problem is our line, not our RB.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sec104row6 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

Since you can't bring yourself to admit that you might be wrong about Ingram, you exaggerate and try to be "funny".....
Ingram now has a higher per carry average than anyone else on the team. See if you can spin that into something negative about him. LMAO...

Face reality and acknowledge what everyone else in the nfl already knows. The problem is our line, not our RB.

OLine and the scheme. Not the RB. Ingram is the type of back who generally needs to be fed the ball to get into a rhythm. This game he had the advantage of a injury riddled defense that was already not very good stopping the run (allowed over 200 yards to us). So Ingram was able to get off to a very quick start. But the notion that Ingram sucks is inane and makes you look uneducated about football. That, I agree with you about. But to purely blame the OLine I can't agree on. Payton would never commit to giving Ingram the carries he needs to consistently get him in the rhythm he needs to run efficiently. So Payton himself holds Ingram back, but this horrid run blocking line certainly doesn't help either.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
Sec104row6

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
Sec104row6 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

OLine and the scheme. Not the RB. Ingram is the type of back who generally needs to be fed the ball to get into a rhythm. This game he had the advantage of a injury riddled defense that was already not very good stopping the run (allowed over 200 yards to us). So Ingram was able to get off to a very quick start. But the notion that Ingram sucks is inane and makes you look uneducated about football. That, I agree with you about. But to purely blame the OLine I can't agree on. Payton would never commit to giving Ingram the carries he needs to consistently get him in the rhythm he needs to run efficiently. So Payton himself holds Ingram back, but this horrid run blocking line certainly doesn't help either.

I don't understand this idea that he needs a certain number of carries before he (somehow suddenly) becomes effective.
People often say that but I just don't get it.

If the line creates a hole, (whether on the first carry of the game or in the third quarter) a running back will exploit it.

As far as our O line, yes the Dallas D line was severely depleted and we ran allover them...yet Brees was still hit/hurried many times (by 4th string d linemen.)

He's been sacked.... what? 21 or 22 times already this season?
We can NOT allow Brees to get beat up.

We change fullbacks every year or so, change centers every year or so and cycle through the o line every year or so...and then blame the RB for lack of production..LMAO...
SWATcha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sec104row6 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

Sure buddy, untwist your panties and lighten up. He absolutely abused a deflated, injury riddled Dallas team that looked like they couldn't wait to get back on the plane home. 145 yards on minimal carries does wonders for your avg. Rolling Eyes Remind me what his career avg. is again?

You'll get no arguments from me on the Oline. It needs to get better, period, but it's not all on the Oline. Saints have some tough match ups coming up. Let's see how Ingram fares in those games shall we? Hopefully he does prove me wrong and goes beast mode.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As far as our O line, yes the Dallas D line was severely depleted and we ran allover them...yet Brees was still hit/hurried many times (by 4th string d linemen.)

He's been sacked.... what? 21 or 22 times already this season?
We can NOT allow Brees to get beat up.

We change fullbacks every year or so, change centers every year or so and cycle through the o line every year or so...and then blame the RB for lack of production..LMAO...
That last sentence isn't true, Collins and De La Puenta have had the starter job secured since Evans retired and we let Goodwin walk. Btw, our o-line was very good in 2011 and Ingram didn't show any potential that season. The Cowboys game was the first time he consistently displayed the attributes of a first rounder, and I don't know if anyone remembers but his first few runs looked bad. In the GDT, Saints fans were already starting to complain that we were giving him carries. It took him a few carries to finally look good running.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Sec104row6 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

Sure buddy, untwist your panties and lighten up. He absolutely abused a deflated, injury riddled Dallas team that looked like they couldn't wait to get back on the plane home. 145 yards on minimal carries does wonders for your avg. Rolling Eyes Remind me what his career avg. is again?

You'll get no arguments from me on the Oline. It needs to get better, period, but it's not all on the Oline. Saints have some tough match ups coming up. Let's see how Ingram fares in those games shall we? Hopefully he does prove me wrong and goes beast mode.

I will say this SWAT... I was one of the few who blamed Ingram's poor production on an array of issues, stemming from a combination of Ingram's health, Lack of vision, Offensive line being finesse, blocking scheme's that doesn't fit our personnel, Offensive play calling, etc.

While Dallas's defense is putrid, 145 on 14 carries is DAM good on any NFL defense, I have little doubt that Ingram would have ran for 200+ had he gotten 20-25 carries like a typical NFL workhorse. What stood out to me the most though was that the fact that Sean Payton mixed up his play calling when Ingram was in the game making it less predictable. He also ran a lot less zone and gave Ingram a fullback in the 21 alignment. It seemed like Ingram was more at home in the way he was utilized and the passion and power he displayed told me that he's finally completely healthy.

I'm not expecting these numbers each game for the rest of the season and I'm not yet willing to absolve Ingram of all his past poor performances but I will admit that as of now... for the rest of this season, Ingram has the benefit of the doubt in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
SWATcha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
I will say this SWAT... I was one of the few who blamed Ingram's poor production on an array of issues, stemming from a combination of Ingram's health, Lack of vision, Offensive line being finesse, blocking scheme's that doesn't fit our personnel, Offensive play calling, etc.

While Dallas's defense is putrid, 145 on 14 carries is DAM good on any NFL defense, I have little doubt that Ingram would have ran for 200+ had he gotten 20-25 carries like a typical NFL workhorse. What stood out to me the most though was that the fact that Sean Payton mixed up his play calling when Ingram was in the game making it less predictable. He also ran a lot less zone and gave Ingram a fullback in the 21 alignment. It seemed like Ingram was more at home in the way he was utilized and the passion and power he displayed told me that he's finally completely healthy.

I'm not expecting these numbers each game for the rest of the season and I'm not yet willing to absolve Ingram of all his past poor performances but I will admit that as of now... for the rest of this season, Ingram has the benefit of the doubt in my opinion.

No doubt. 145 on 14 is damn good, but it's also bloated. 10+ yards per carry is not the norm in the NFL. I'm not knocking Ingram. I thought he looked great. Vision was there, power was there, good performance. I'm just not going to get too excited yet. When he runs over the Niners or Carolina for 5+ yards a clip, then I might consider breaking out the kegs Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: