Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye week mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BooyaCS


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 7415
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Bye week mock Reply with quote

I know most of you will hate this but I don't care.

Free agent pickups (not going to target players right now)
WR
FS
ILB

There is a shakeup near the top...

1.) Tampa - Clowney (they want to see Glennon for a whole year if not they are all in on Winston)
2.) Jacksonville - Bridgewater (Gabbert is that bad).
3.) Minnesota - Anthony Barr DE/OLB (Freeman for a year to see if he is it)
4.) TRADE - Why not make a splash Atlanta trades the #4 pick in the draft to the Browns for pick 14, 26, next year's first, next years 3rd and 4th this year

1-4.) Marcus Mariotta QB
2-46.) Ka'Deem Carey RB
3-70) David Yankey OG
3-7Cool Donte Moncrief WR
4-124) Jacob Pedersen TE
5.) Max Bullough ILB
6.) Antwan Lowery OG
7.) Chris Boswell K
_________________
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renenwed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.” -- J R R Tolkien LOTR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15413
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Bye week mock Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
I know most of you will hate this but I don't care.

Free agent pickups (not going to target players right now)
WR
FS
ILB

There is a shakeup near the top...

1.) Tampa - Clowney (they want to see Glennon for a whole year if not they are all in on Winston)
2.) Jacksonville - Bridgewater (Gabbert is that bad).
3.) Minnesota - Anthony Barr DE/OLB (Freeman for a year to see if he is it)
4.) TRADE - Why not make a splash Atlanta trades the #4 pick in the draft to the Browns for pick 14, 26, next year's first, next years 3rd and 4th this year

1-4.) Marcus Mariotta QB
2-46.) Ka'Deem Carey RB
3-70) David Yankey OG
3-7Cool Donte Moncrief WR
4-124) Jacob Pedersen TE
5.) Max Bullough ILB
6.) Antwan Lowery OG
7.) Chris Boswell K


If you could pull that off without trading next years first I would love it.
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BooyaCS


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 7415
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Bye week mock Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
I know most of you will hate this but I don't care.

Free agent pickups (not going to target players right now)
WR
FS
ILB

There is a shakeup near the top...

1.) Tampa - Clowney (they want to see Glennon for a whole year if not they are all in on Winston)
2.) Jacksonville - Bridgewater (Gabbert is that bad).
3.) Minnesota - Anthony Barr DE/OLB (Freeman for a year to see if he is it)
4.) TRADE - Why not make a splash Atlanta trades the #4 pick in the draft to the Browns for pick 14, 26, next year's first, next years 3rd and 4th this year

1-4.) Marcus Mariotta QB
2-46.) Ka'Deem Carey RB
3-70) David Yankey OG
3-7Cool Donte Moncrief WR
4-124) Jacob Pedersen TE
5.) Max Bullough ILB
6.) Antwan Lowery OG
7.) Chris Boswell K


If you could pull that off without trading next years first I would love it.


Not with the rookie salary scale picks in the top 5 are a premium and it will take a premium to get one.
_________________
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renenwed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.” -- J R R Tolkien LOTR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sdrawkcab321


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 7441
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see mariotta getting past Tampa and especially not Minnesota. But if he somehow does I'd be all for it. IMO he's a franchise QB and you do whatever you can to get a guy like that.
_________________
Adopt A Brown:Spencer Lanning

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BooyaCS


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 7415
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I don't see mariotta getting past Tampa and especially not Minnesota. But if he somehow does I'd be all for it. IMO he's a franchise QB and you do whatever you can to get a guy like that.


Tired of seeing the same things over and over and with 2 premium pass rushers anything is possible.
_________________
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renenwed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.” -- J R R Tolkien LOTR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FEARtheELF


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 5778
Location: THE Ohio State University
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if Tampa is going to give Glennon a chance they take our trade and we take Teddy or Mariota
_________________

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ahumbert99


Joined: 16 Dec 2008
Posts: 513
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't a single NFL skill player that played offense at Oregon that is worth a damn ... a big NO for Mariota
_________________


Sickest sig ever courtesy of 64 CHAMPS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StewieRules


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 1628
Location: jacksonville
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got extra picks to work with in 2014 to get our franchise guy - so why not go and get him? We've seen what a competent QB can do with our offense (minus a running game no less) so if a true franchise guy is there, go for it Wink

I would think adding a player to sweeten the deal and keep our 2015 1st might be an option. With #95 Bryant's play accelerating, maybe Rubin or Hughes? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the depth of our DL, but as they say, "ya can't make an omlet without breaking some eggs" so you do what you have to.

Really like the Yankey & Moncrief picks. Adding Moncrief would probably negate a FA WR, especially if Little shows some consistency the rest of the year.

I'd still like to see a true FB, especially since they're toying with Winn in short yardage blocking situations. LSU's bull-dozer would suit me just fine.

Overall, it's an outside the box mock - but I like it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freakygeniuskid


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 5328
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with the trade up but that's WAY too much. Take away the future first and I think it's still more than enough (an extra 1st, 3rd, and 4th to move back 10 spots).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mastercheddaar


Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Posts: 4957
Location: Northeast Ohio.. Obviously
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

ahumbert99 wrote:
There isn't a single NFL skill player that played offense at Oregon that is worth a damn ... a big NO for Mariota


I'm going to watch the kid tonight and get back to you on that one.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
_________________
For those that don't know:
NFL - AFC Browns, NFC Eagles
Basket Ball - Cavs
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20158
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahumbert99 wrote:
There isn't a single NFL skill player that played offense at Oregon that is worth a damn ... a big NO for Mariota



That does not mean that Mariota can't succeed.


He is not the same system QB they have had over the years.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pmk


Joined: 21 Jun 2007
Posts: 12061
Location: NYC
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it and I think we could very well see something like this in April. It's pretty clear this team is a dynamite QB away from being a contender and they have the ammo to make a move up. If they see their guy I hope they go after him, everything else is just icing on the cake.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shaunp


Joined: 27 Oct 2013
Posts: 249
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's giving up a bit much and I rather have Bridgewater over Mariota I think he benefits from the sheme Oregon runs more than anything he has thrown to too many wide open receivers,hopefully the giants and falcons continue to lose I think they will be good trade partners I say swapping first rounders and give up a second is enough,or swap first and give up a 3rd and 4th
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Browns1987


Joined: 21 Oct 2013
Posts: 683
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant like a mock where we give so much any QB of this draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaWg_LB.


Joined: 02 Dec 2005
Posts: 4584
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 points I have that I take issue with this.....

1. With what Campbell and Hoyer have ALREADY shown...(without a RG and a running game)...I am really not interested in trading away picks to move up for a QB...We add Sammy Watkins and Beast at G in round 1, grab the big G from Miss state in round 2 and Serifin-Jenkins when he slips to round 3....Tate in FA....Michale Dyer in round 6 and Deion Lewis coming back....Might not matter who we have at QB with all that tallent.....

2. A couple personal mindsets keep me from liking ANY trade up for Mariotta.....

2a. I personally am never trading up for a Running QB till one wins a Super Bowl.

2b. I personally am never trading up for a Redshirt Soph at QB...and I like the Tuna on the criteria he looks for in draft a QB.

2c. Mariotta plays in a gimicky college offense where he dosent take snaps from under center......see Brandon Weeden....IMO it will take a least a season and half (24 games) before Mariotta is ready as a full time under center NFL starter.....


Where is TruckStopJimmy???? I think that cat has one of the coolest screen names in here LOL
Laughing
_________________
-A team is built through the Draft.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group