You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, Safety, Alabama
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, Safety, Alabama Reply with quote

Best safety in the class?

I think he is, definitely a Free Safety. Solid tackler, has great range. Not a ball hawk per se but can be opportunistic. Seems to take good angles and provide that "safety valve" as in not allowing the deep TD pass or run.

What do you guys think of him? 1st rounder?
IAmPacman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a big physical ball-hawking safety. Definite stud. I think he's around the 11-20 range in the 1st round.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what seems to be a lack of upper-tier safety prospects eligible for the 2014 draft, I think basically by default he is the top prospect and as such will probably go middle to late first round.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends how many underclassman declare as to where he goes either early first or mid to late 1st round pick. I think he is definitely the best Safety in this class.

In recent years, taking a safety has seemed like one of the more safer picks.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Depends how many underclassman declare as to where he goes either early first or mid to late 1st round pick. I think he is definitely the best Safety in this class.

Yeah, when you look at the other underclassmen along with Clinton-Dix, I really don't see anyone that I think will leapgrog him unless he has off-the-field issues, is injured, or bombs in interviews. The only other player that might have a chance is Stanford junior Ed Reynolds, but I don't know if he will grade out as highly as Clinton-Dix all things considered.

falcons145

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see him going Mark Barron kind of high, but he's the top safety in the draft and will be in the first round
jshowers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he will go in the first and end up being outplayed by someone who goes much later but received far less hype. I see Haha as a solid player but someone who is being severely overrated when talked about as a Top-15 talent.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying this for a while now, he's the best traditional FS in this class on paper. Don't get me wrong, I like him and think he'll be a solid player in the NFL...

However, this class has a lot of CB's that have the potential to move to FS at the next level and be impact/splash players...

Rammy on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
I've been saying this for a while now, he's the best traditional FS in this class on paper. Don't get me wrong, I like him and think he'll be a solid player in the NFL...

However, this class has a lot of CB's that have the potential to move to FS at the next level and be impact/splash players...

You are right. There are several that could potentially project from college CB to NFL safety. I would say however that any time you project a position change there is some inherent risk that the player will not develop as anticipated in the new role. The positive with Clinton-Dix is that he atleast has direct experience at the safety position for an evaluation to be made based on actual film at that position. If you are looking at Kyle Fuller for example, you have to take what you see on his cornerback film and project that to a different NFL position. That does create an unknown projection.

IMO it is the same as projecting a college tackle to NFL guard. Some prospects have the skill set + ability to make the transition and provide a positional upgrade over what they would likely be as an NFL tackle. Others struggle. To go even deeper, some college tackles are able to transition from right tackle to left and/or vice versa, while some can't.

Last edited by nicfre2011 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcons145 wrote:
I don't see him going Mark Barron kind of high, but he's the top safety in the draft and will be in the first round

I think that will be determined on how many underclassman declare. If a bunch stay in school, he could get thrust into a Barron type situation.

nicfre2011 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:

Yeah, when you look at the other underclassmen along with Clinton-Dix, I really don't see anyone that I think will leapgrog him unless he has off-the-field issues, is injured, or bombs in interviews. The only other player that might have a chance is Stanford junior Ed Reynolds, but I don't know if he will grade out as highly as Clinton-Dix all things considered.

Yeah, I think Clinton-Dix will test better than Reynolds. Like you said, Clinton-Dix is got screw up to drop.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
falcons145 wrote:

I think that will be determined on how many underclassman declare. If a bunch stay in school, he could get thrust into a Barron type situation.

nicfre2011 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:

Yeah, I think Clinton-Dix will test better than Reynolds. Like you said, Clinton-Dix is got screw up to drop.

One player I think alot of people expected to take the next step was North Carolina senior Tre Boston. This year he has been pretty inconsistent but if a team can buy low on him banking on his potential overcoming his inconsistency and struggles shown earlier this year, he could develop into a solid free safety in time.

Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Raiders draft him just so I can say his name all of the time. And he's really good
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like someone else said, a little overrated but still a first rounder none the less. He's had one or two off the field issues, but in the right environment he'll be fine. I think he goes between 20-30.

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's probably drafted first round.

But personally, I like Craig Loston better. And I also think I would prefer Deone Bucannon to HCD as well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
falcons145 wrote:

nicfre2011 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:

One player I think alot of people expected to take the next step was North Carolina senior Tre Boston. This year he has been pretty inconsistent but if a team can buy low on him banking on his potential overcoming his inconsistency and struggles shown earlier this year, he could develop into a solid free safety in time.

Barnett got a lot of preseason hype on draft boards too, but hasn't played up to that level. Some preseason mocks had him above Clinton-Dix.

Joyner is having a solid year. He has showed good range and instincts, but height/weight could be an issue at next level.

diamondbull424 wrote:
I think he's probably drafted first round.

But personally, I like Craig Loston better. And I also think I would prefer Deone Bucannon to HCD as well.

I don't know if Loston would fit at FS in NFL. He is more of a bruiser. SS that hit and help in runs support are easier to find than a FS with good range that covers the back end, in my opinion.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: