Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My halfway point mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pruitt3443

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: My halfway point mock Reply with quote

While I would prefer the players I have listed in bold text I believe in having contingency plans just in case the player I prefer is already unavailable.

I think we will be drafting somewhere between 10-13 when we are all said and done, so I based this mock on that supposition. I also think the Steelers will be drafting in the top 5-6 of each round and the Colts will be drafting between 23-27.

I htink I have guys goinng in about the right spots but as always some folks will rise and fall quite a bit and there will be some surprises.

1(a). Sammy Watkins WR, Clemson or Mike Evans WR, Texas A&M. I think both of these guys will be very good players at the next level and I go back and forth on which I like better.

1(b). Zach Mettenberger QB, LSU or Jace Amaro TE, Texas Tech. I think Mettenberger could be THE guy among the choices we will have available at QB. That having been said I really like Amaro and putting him out there with Cameron Jordan would cause defenses a number of problems as a LB or Safety would probably have to try and cover them both and that is a mismatch either way and also opens up Gordon on the outside as the safeties will have to watch the middle of the field carefully.

2. Lache Seastrunk RB, Baylor (if they take Mettenberger) or either Derek Carr QB, Fresno State or Brett Hundley QB, UCLA if they go with Amaro with the 1st. I really like Seastrunk but think we need to get a QB this draft. If they do not take Mettenberger in the 1st round I think either Carr or Hundley could be the choice here, although I would not really be upset if they ended up with AJ McCarron or Aaron Murray in the 4th either if the FO thought they were the guy.

3. Yawin Smallwood ILB, Connecticut or Shayne Skov ILB, Stanford. We need an upgrade in the middle and I think both of these guys are better than Robertson and I am not sure Jackson will be back.

4(a). Brandon Thomas OG, Clemson or Chris Burnette OG, Georgia. I still think Schwartz can be a decent to good RT with better guard play and I believe both of these guys are improvements over what we have there now and would improve our run game and protect whoever we have at QB.

4(b). Carlos Hyde RB, Ohio State or Deion Belue CB, Alabama. If Hyde is sitting here I think you have to take him even if we got Seastrunk as I think the NFL will going forward be a RB by committee type league. Having those two guys toting the ball for us seems like a sure fire good idea and you can always play the hot hand on a game to game basis while keeping both fresh.

5. Marion Grice RB, Arizona State or Chris Borland ILB, Wisconsin I know either one of these could be doubling up on positions but I think we lack depth at both spots and I like both of these players. I think Grice would be a good fit if we did not pick one of the two previously listed backs. Having seen Borland a number of times I just think he is a hard nose football player with good instincts and the ability to put people on the ground.

6. Ryan Groy OG, Wisconsin or Austin Wentworth OT, Fresno State

7. Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB, Nebraska or Jeremy Deering FS, Rutgers

I do not think this FO will ever draft an Punter or Kicker so I left those off. I think they will look at UDFA for those spots for competition. I expect them to pursue a DB, whether CB or Safety in FA and maybe an OL if they like any as upgrades over what we have.

On a side note, how bad does Butler have to be in order to get cut and Cousins have remain with the team?
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good mock cant really argue with anything.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really really like this mock ... I wouldn't be huge on Lache in the 2nd just because I would value an OG more than a RB. I think you improve the blockers in front of the runner, and then find your runner.

Sickest sig ever courtesy of 64 CHAMPS
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahumbert99 wrote:
Really really like this mock ... I wouldn't be huge on Lache in the 2nd just because I would value an OG more than a RB. I think you improve the blockers in front of the runner, and then find your runner.

I agree with this. I see no evidence that Chud, Lombardi, or Banner value the RB position highly. I don't see us spending a 2nd AND a 4th on it at all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Great mock. However I don't think we will waste 2nd and a 4th on RB as well. If I had my choice I would go BPA OL in the 2nd and take Hyde in the 3rd. We got Alphabet and Dion Lewis still on the team. Hyde could be a good power back for us.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
ahumbert99

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
Great mock. However I don't think we will waste 2nd and a 4th on RB as well. If I had my choice I would go BPA OL in the 2nd and take Hyde in the 3rd. We got Alphabet and Dion Lewis still on the team. Hyde could be a good power back for us.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Dion Lewis is often forgotten but there is a reason they went out and traded for him immediately. Good call ... I wouldn't at all be surprised if they went into 2014 with Lewis as the featured back

Sickest sig ever courtesy of 64 CHAMPS
Pruitt3443

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I think you will be able to pick up Hyde in the 4th but if you really wanted to upgrade the OL maybe if you do not like Seastrunk you take someone like Gabe Jackson out of Mississippi State to plug the one Guard spot in the 2nd round. I think putting Brandon Thomas into the line would be an upgrade already at one of the guard spots.

I still like Brandon Thomas in the 4th for one of the Guard spots. I think with a line of Thomas, Jackson, Mack, Thomas and Schwartz you would have something pretty special up front.

While I agree RB is undervalued I think we have a fairly bare cupboard at the position. I did not forget Dion Lewis just not enough there to impress me. 36 career carries and 3 catches with an injury does not really do it for me as any more than a very part time player. The current coaching regime does not appear to think much of Ogbanya or Fozzy so I think at best we have a couple of potential back ups at RB and nothing else.

I agree you need a strong line but you also need some ability and durability in the guys you ask to carry the ball. Something I think we very much lack at the moment.
zelbell

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it

Borland is a baller, and Lache/Hyde backfield would be sexy, and Watkins and Mettenberger on offense would be fun to watch too

Rammy on the sig
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not huge on Mettenberger, would rather have McCarron of the two of them.

The rest of it is just mouth watering.

Our offensive skill positions would just be a nightmare so stop.

McCarron would be set up with a perfect situation to succeed in.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: