Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions (5-3) at Bears (5-3) GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
da_bears6


Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Posts: 113
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
Good game Bears! Glad we beat you again!


You guys offensively have a serious problem with playing down to your competition. Do you think it's because of your coaching or did Stafford just have a bad game?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nads786


Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Posts: 4175
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

da_bears6 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Good game Bears! Glad we beat you again!


You guys offensively have a serious problem with playing down to your competition. Do you think it's because of your coaching or did Stafford just have a bad game?


I've mentioned coaching on their forum but they seem to like Jim Swartz pretty odd considering they have the best WR a good oline a top 10 QB good complimentary players and they had such low offensive production against a defense that has been terrible.

Swartz will play down to competition and continue to allow stupid penalties
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8711
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
da_bears6 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Good game Bears! Glad we beat you again!


You guys offensively have a serious problem with playing down to your competition. Do you think it's because of your coaching or did Stafford just have a bad game?


I've mentioned coaching on their forum but they seem to like Jim Swartz pretty odd considering they have the best WR a good oline a top 10 QB good complimentary players and they had such low offensive production against a defense that has been terrible.

Swartz will play down to competition and continue to allow stupid penalties


Schwartz has very little to do with the offense. If you ask the Lions forum if they had a problem with Linehan, many would say they want to see him replaced.

The biggest reason the Lions "played down to the competition" this week was because of drops. That isn't on the coaches imo. Coaches can only put players in the position to succeed, the execution is on the players. We had a ton of drop yesterday, and several poor reads from Stafford. Hopefully we were just rusty from the bye week and we get it together for the playoff push.
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5646
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
da_bears6 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Good game Bears! Glad we beat you again!


You guys offensively have a serious problem with playing down to your competition. Do you think it's because of your coaching or did Stafford just have a bad game?


I've mentioned coaching on their forum but they seem to like Jim Swartz pretty odd considering they have the best WR a good oline a top 10 QB good complimentary players and they had such low offensive production against a defense that has been terrible.

Swartz will play down to competition and continue to allow stupid penalties


Schwartz has very little to do with the offense. If you ask the Lions forum if they had a problem with Linehan, many would say they want to see him replaced.

The biggest reason the Lions "played down to the competition" this week was because of drops. That isn't on the coaches imo. Coaches can only put players in the position to succeed, the execution is on the players. We had a ton of drop yesterday, and several poor reads from Stafford. Hopefully we were just rusty from the bye week and we get it together for the playoff push.
Your drops were drive killers too. Kept us in the game IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DetroitPride26


Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 1595
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
da_bears6 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Good game Bears! Glad we beat you again!


You guys offensively have a serious problem with playing down to your competition. Do you think it's because of your coaching or did Stafford just have a bad game?


I've mentioned coaching on their forum but they seem to like Jim Swartz pretty odd considering they have the best WR a good oline a top 10 QB good complimentary players and they had such low offensive production against a defense that has been terrible.

Swartz will play down to competition and continue to allow stupid penalties


Schwartz has very little to do with the offense. If you ask the Lions forum if they had a problem with Linehan, many would say they want to see him replaced.

The biggest reason the Lions "played down to the competition" this week was because of drops. That isn't on the coaches imo. Coaches can only put players in the position to succeed, the execution is on the players. We had a ton of drop yesterday, and several poor reads from Stafford. Hopefully we were just rusty from the bye week and we get it together for the playoff push.
Your drops were drive killers too. Kept us in the game IMO.


They really were. Reggie needs to remove his head from his butt. He's been dropping balls all season. And yea, it's not Schwartz, it's Linehan. Sometimes he has great plan and other times makes you think how did he get into the NFL. Same with the D-Coordination Gunther Cunningham.
_________________
Lions 2014: To A Better Year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50399
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

da_bears6 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Good game Bears! Glad we beat you again!


You guys offensively have a serious problem with playing down to your competition. Do you think it's because of your coaching or did Stafford just have a bad game?


Down to competition? LOL. Cutler has an all around better supporting cast on offense. Detroit #2 WR was a practice squad guy last year. They have shipped off Young, Burleson hurt, Broyles hurt.

Stafford is doing wonders with what he has outside Calvin.
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackandBlue


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 2108
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
da_bears6 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Good game Bears! Glad we beat you again!


You guys offensively have a serious problem with playing down to your competition. Do you think it's because of your coaching or did Stafford just have a bad game?


Down to competition? LOL. Cutler has an all around better supporting cast on offense. Detroit #2 WR was a practice squad guy last year. They have shipped off Young, Burleson hurt, Broyles hurt.

Stafford is doing wonders with what he has outside Calvin.


He was talking more about the Chicago defense which has been absolutely decimated by injuries.

I agree with the Lions fans blaming the execution: Players were getting open, but either Stafford was missing targets or receivers were dropping balls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50399
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
da_bears6 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Good game Bears! Glad we beat you again!


You guys offensively have a serious problem with playing down to your competition. Do you think it's because of your coaching or did Stafford just have a bad game?


Down to competition? LOL. Cutler has an all around better supporting cast on offense. Detroit #2 WR was a practice squad guy last year. They have shipped off Young, Burleson hurt, Broyles hurt.

Stafford is doing wonders with what he has outside Calvin.


He was talking more about the Chicago defense which has been absolutely decimated by injuries.

I agree with the Lions fans blaming the execution: Players were getting open, but either Stafford was missing targets or receivers were dropping balls.


I know what he was talking about. The players on offense outside Calvin to throw to is horrible. As much as I love Calvin I would rather have Marshall/Jeffery. If Stafford had better weapons outside Calvin it would be insane. He did not play down to the D. He did what he could with what he had. Wish we could find a #2 like Jeffery
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5646
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
da_bears6 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Good game Bears! Glad we beat you again!


You guys offensively have a serious problem with playing down to your competition. Do you think it's because of your coaching or did Stafford just have a bad game?


Down to competition? LOL. Cutler has an all around better supporting cast on offense. Detroit #2 WR was a practice squad guy last year. They have shipped off Young, Burleson hurt, Broyles hurt.

Stafford is doing wonders with what he has outside Calvin.


He was talking more about the Chicago defense which has been absolutely decimated by injuries.

I agree with the Lions fans blaming the execution: Players were getting open, but either Stafford was missing targets or receivers were dropping balls.


I know what he was talking about. The players on offense outside Calvin to throw to is horrible. As much as I love Calvin I would rather have Marshall/Jeffery. If Stafford had better weapons outside Calvin it would be insane. He did not play down to the D. He did what he could with what he had. Wish we could find a #2 like Jeffery
That wasnt the case against us though. Johnson, Bush and Pettigrew went for most of your yardage and those are pretty talented guys. Two #2 overall picks and a mid first round pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50399
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
da_bears6 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Good game Bears! Glad we beat you again!


You guys offensively have a serious problem with playing down to your competition. Do you think it's because of your coaching or did Stafford just have a bad game?


Down to competition? LOL. Cutler has an all around better supporting cast on offense. Detroit #2 WR was a practice squad guy last year. They have shipped off Young, Burleson hurt, Broyles hurt.

Stafford is doing wonders with what he has outside Calvin.


He was talking more about the Chicago defense which has been absolutely decimated by injuries.

I agree with the Lions fans blaming the execution: Players were getting open, but either Stafford was missing targets or receivers were dropping balls.


I know what he was talking about. The players on offense outside Calvin to throw to is horrible. As much as I love Calvin I would rather have Marshall/Jeffery. If Stafford had better weapons outside Calvin it would be insane. He did not play down to the D. He did what he could with what he had. Wish we could find a #2 like Jeffery
That wasnt the case against us though. Johnson, Bush and Pettigrew went for most of your yardage and those are pretty talented guys. Two #2 overall picks and a mid first round pick.


Draft status means little. Pettigrew is avg at best. Bush is a weapon for sure. Outside Bush and Calvin there is really nothing. Forte/Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett> Calvin/Reggie/Durham and Pettigrew.

You all just need a QB to manage games. Cutler gun slinger mentality bad fit. An Alex Smith type would do wonders for Chicago and the coaches system
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5646
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
da_bears6 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Good game Bears! Glad we beat you again!


You guys offensively have a serious problem with playing down to your competition. Do you think it's because of your coaching or did Stafford just have a bad game?


Down to competition? LOL. Cutler has an all around better supporting cast on offense. Detroit #2 WR was a practice squad guy last year. They have shipped off Young, Burleson hurt, Broyles hurt.

Stafford is doing wonders with what he has outside Calvin.


He was talking more about the Chicago defense which has been absolutely decimated by injuries.

I agree with the Lions fans blaming the execution: Players were getting open, but either Stafford was missing targets or receivers were dropping balls.


I know what he was talking about. The players on offense outside Calvin to throw to is horrible. As much as I love Calvin I would rather have Marshall/Jeffery. If Stafford had better weapons outside Calvin it would be insane. He did not play down to the D. He did what he could with what he had. Wish we could find a #2 like Jeffery
That wasnt the case against us though. Johnson, Bush and Pettigrew went for most of your yardage and those are pretty talented guys. Two #2 overall picks and a mid first round pick.


Draft status means little. Pettigrew is avg at best. Bush is a weapon for sure. Outside Bush and Calvin there is really nothing. Forte/Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett> Calvin/Reggie/Durham and Pettigrew.

You all just need a QB to manage games. Cutler gun slinger mentality bad fit. An Alex Smith type would do wonders for Chicago and the coaches system
But Pettigrew played very well. He's also been productive through out his career.

A better QB then Cutler would be great just like a better QB then Stafford would be great. Cutler has led us to the #2 scoring offense in the NFL. Maybe we could be #1 with a better QB but we'll settle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 4174
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is... I am genuinely praying every single night that we play Detroit in the playoffs this year.
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8711
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
All I can say is... I am genuinely praying every single night that we play Detroit in the playoffs this year.

Why? The bears are 0-2 against the lions this year. The lions have essentially a two game lead over the bears right now due to the tiebreaker so the game will most likely be in Detroit. What makes you confident that the third time is the charm?
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LaxBroBearsFan


Joined: 11 Oct 2011
Posts: 145
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
All I can say is... I am genuinely praying every single night that we play Detroit in the playoffs this year.

Why? The bears are 0-2 against the lions this year. The lions have essentially a two game lead over the bears right now due to the tiebreaker so the game will most likely be in Detroit. What makes you confident that the third time is the charm?


Probably for a similiar reason your so confident the lions would win....because "MY team is the best DUH." Bears > Lions...forever and always Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CutParisLenon


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 608
Location: Mid-Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
All I can say is... I am genuinely praying every single night that we play Detroit in the playoffs this year.

Why? The bears are 0-2 against the lions this year. The lions have essentially a two game lead over the bears right now due to the tiebreaker so the game will most likely be in Detroit. What makes you confident that the third time is the charm?


Probably for a similiar reason your so confident the lions would win....because "MY team is the best DUH." Bears > Lions...forever and always Razz


It'd be nice to play you guys in January. I'd love to have a home playoff win in Detroit against a hated division rival.

If the Bears were healthy, I'd be concerned. I am not sure how long Briggs is out, but the absence of him and Melton is palpable. I was embarrassed that we played down to you guys on the offensive side of the ball (and this isnt intended to be an insult, because you guys are absolutely decimated on that side of the ball, as most of you have noted).


Last edited by CutParisLenon on Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group