Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Early Offseason Prediction/Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
WR is going to be a tricky spot to pick. Outside of Watkins/Evans/Lee, I feel like pretty much everyone is either a huge project, or a finished product with a much lower ceiling.

If we want a long-term #1, its obvious which way to go. But if we are expecting good production right away, we go the other way.

Right now, as far as value goes, I don't like anyone other than the three I mentioned at the start in the first round. And its very unlikely that any will be there.

Here are some guys I like outside of the first round:

2nd/3rd:

Davante Adams-Fresno State
Allen Robinson-Penn State
Brandon Coleman-Rutgers
Jarvis Landry-LSU
Odell Beckham-LSU
Mike Davis-Texas
Shaq Evans-UCLA

4th/5th:

Martavis Bryant-Clemson
Cody Hoffman-BYU
Cody Latimer-Indiana
Matt Hazel-Coastal Carolina
L'Damian Washington-Missouri

If we pick up one from each list, I think it really solidifies the position. If we really want to load up on playmakers, we take a TE (Jace Amaro or ASJ) in the first, along with a receiver in the 2nd and 4th. Go with a RT in the 3rd, CB in the 5th (I'm thinking Morgan Moses and Pierre Desir), and boom, Super Bowl here we come Smile

This. If no big name of these three really drop to us, I don't think we should reach on a #2 receiver in the NFL, we go through FA to solve that problem and beef up the Oline

Yeah I know we're like 3 months away still but I'm already convinced it's going to be a Hog Mollie in the first, possibly also the second depending if Gross and Wharton leave.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
ShowtimeSanders

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is everyone's opinon on drafting Eric Ebron.....Excellent receiver him and Olsen will be great targets for Cam. Just like his first year with Shockey and Olsen. Also Ebron is a pretty good blocker which also can help our offense. Signing a Nicks with it and I think we can have a top tier offense.
WR- Nicks Smith Ginn
TE- Olsen Ebron
RB Tolbert D-will Stew
Pretty good corp if you ask me

[url] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXlNUtcyJoU [/url]
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebron is going to be a top 20 pick for sure. Thats why I hadn't listed him anywhere.
Fly392009

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
WR is going to be a tricky spot to pick. Outside of Watkins/Evans/Lee, I feel like pretty much everyone is either a huge project, or a finished product with a much lower ceiling.

If we want a long-term #1, its obvious which way to go. But if we are expecting good production right away, we go the other way.

Right now, as far as value goes, I don't like anyone other than the three I mentioned at the start in the first round. And its very unlikely that any will be there.

Here are some guys I like outside of the first round:

2nd/3rd:

Davante Adams-Fresno State
Allen Robinson-Penn State
Brandon Coleman-Rutgers
Jarvis Landry-LSU
Odell Beckham-LSU
Mike Davis-Texas
Shaq Evans-UCLA

4th/5th:

Martavis Bryant-Clemson
Cody Hoffman-BYU
Cody Latimer-Indiana
Matt Hazel-Coastal Carolina
L'Damian Washington-Missouri

If we pick up one from each list, I think it really solidifies the position. If we really want to load up on playmakers, we take a TE (Jace Amaro or ASJ) in the first, along with a receiver in the 2nd and 4th. Go with a RT in the 3rd, CB in the 5th (I'm thinking Morgan Moses and Pierre Desir), and boom, Super Bowl here we come Smile

This. If no big name of these three really drop to us, I don't think we should reach on a #2 receiver in the NFL, we go through FA to solve that problem and beef up the Oline

How is it that I was saying exactly this a month ago in this very thread and people we telling me I was wrong and that we needed a WR in the 1st. Yet today I see those same people switching sides? Mad
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are people's thoughts on Troy Niklas, TE out of Notre Dame? I was watching some tape, and what I like about him the most is that once he has the ball and turns up field, he doesn't fold like a paper doll after first contact like Greg Olsen does. He is a big, physical TE that is a good blocker, but he can make those catches in the seam and the quick outs. He should be someone to look at in the 2nd when most of the big named (Ebron, Amaro, etc) TEs are off the board.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TE = Oline imho...

just like the "doubles" thread, if we went TE 1st and T/G 2nd... it's just as good as OL+OL in my opinion.

One thing Ive seen out there a lot recently is getting Eric Winston for the RT spot. Him n Gross would be a nice duo (if we can afford it)

Also, I see that Jimmy Graham is gonna be a FA and, as I understand it, NO is very "cap challenged". It is a reach to think that they let him hit the FA market, but if they simply can't afford him should we take a stab?

To me, it seems like a choice of Greg Hardy vs. Jimmy Graham... they both will require top-tier money (maybe fairly similar contract figures).

If you've got a choice between Hardy and Graham, who do you take?

I think it's gotta be Graham. I just don't think that Hardy is that un-replace-able.
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
TE = Oline imho...

just like the "doubles" thread, if we went TE 1st and T/G 2nd... it's just as good as OL+OL in my opinion.

One thing Ive seen out there a lot recently is getting Eric Winston for the RT spot. Him n Gross would be a nice duo (if we can afford it)

Also, I see that Jimmy Graham is gonna be a FA and, as I understand it, NO is very "cap challenged". It is a reach to think that they let him hit the FA market, but if they simply can't afford him should we take a stab?

To me, it seems like a choice of Greg Hardy vs. Jimmy Graham... they both will require top-tier money (maybe fairly similar contract figures).

If you've got a choice between Hardy and Graham, who do you take?

I think it's gotta be Graham. I just don't think that Hardy is that un-replace-able.

I'll venture and say that Graham will definitely be resigned by the Saints either to a long term deal or a franchise tag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: