Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Early Offseason Prediction/Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
I feel by the time we're drafting at 32, theres a great chance Watkins won't be there as well as Evans. I say we pull the trigger on Matthews from Vandy if he's there over an OT. Now if Lee is the only WR option left by the time we pick I say go with OT unless Lee puts up great numbers in the combine

Jordan Matthews (2013 Season)

http://youtu.be/hwvITBUVFRY

Marqise Lee (2012 Season)

http://youtu.be/PAWJ2FRTRFg

FTFY

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see what makes Jordan Matthews a first rounder. There's nothing about his game that I see as special.

Frankly, I don't see anything about him that we don't already have in LaFell.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROJANPANTHER wrote:
I just don't see what makes Jordan Matthews a first rounder. There's nothing about his game that I see as special.

Speed, route running, and HANDS

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
boondock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WRs have a tendency to fall because teams value QBs, DL, and OL higher on their draft boards. While I expect Watkins and Evans to go top 15; I wouldn't be surprised if another offensive playmaker went in the first round. The only other one I could maybe see is Eric Ebron and being a TE, those guys usually fall until the mid to late 20s.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:

Speed, route running, and HANDS

Except he's not particularly fast, or at least he doesn't look it to me.

Once again, I don't see anything he can do that LaFell cannot.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
ericr0319

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at this point i see our needs as OT, CB, RB, S, WR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:

Think

Gamecocks
faccda01

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking about our needs. I still think that WR is our biggest hole, but I think that OL is our biggest need. There is one major reason why: JaDaveon Clowney.

With how bad the Falcons and Bucs are, there is a very strong chance he lands in our division, meaning we will play him twice a year. I don't see the Falcons being this bad next year, but they could get a steal with Clowney. This means we need protection and we need it fast. Gross has been playing lights out, but he is aging and we will need tackles that can handle Clowney.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Release Godfrey and trade Stewart for a pick, any pick.

Resign Hardy (long term) and Gross (short term). Finally have Gettlemen work his magic and restructure any contract he can to save cap space.

My big board as of this point looks like this:

1. Cameron Erving, OT FSU
2. Eric Ebron, TE UNC
3. Darqueze Dennard, Justin Gilbert, Jason Verrett (any of the premier CB)
4. Brandon Schreff, OT Iowa
5. James Hurst, OT UNC

Personally I don't believe that the first two options will be available when our pick roles around, but at the same time they are in the wheel house (anything can happen I guess).

I would love a physical, press and shut down corner which all mentioned can be, specifically Dennard who I have seen a bunch of. Getting a big run blocking RT like Scherff would go a long way towards improving our OL. I wouldn't mind even picking one of the CBs or Scherff and then trading up in the 2nd to secure Scherff/Hurst then. Personally I don't see much of a difference in the ability between a guy like Jordan Mathews and Jarvis Landry. I wouldn't waste our 1st on a WR when we could get one of equal talent in the 2nd. I am not impressed with the WR class at all this year and would prefer we wait until next year to address that. I would rather see Cam progress in the mental aspect of the game. Continuing to learn the read progressions and making the correct decision as well as getting the ball out in a quicker time frame ala Drew Brees will benefit this offense more than searching for an Alshon Jeffery or prime time weapon. The only weapon I hope the team looks to in the draft is Ebron or possibly Amaro if either are available at our pick. Shore up the OL and CB position first please.
ericr0319

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

Think

how do you not see RB as a huge need? if cam couldnt run the ball we would be a bottom 5 running team. Dwill blows, Jstew can get some burst but soon as hes tackled hes on the trainers bench. And for some reason we dont like giving the ball to tolbert.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

Think

how do you not see RB as a huge need? if cam couldnt run the ball we would be a bottom 5 running team. Dwill blows, Jstew can get some burst but soon as hes tackled hes on the trainers bench. And for some reason we dont like giving the ball to tolbert.

We have the 9th best rushing attack in the league. Our rushing attack does what it's supposed to do for us, chew up time and convert short yardages. The main way we move the ball is through the air. We don't need to touch RB at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly392009 wrote:

Resign Hardy (long term) and Gross (short term). Finally have Gettlemen work his magic and restructure any contract he can to save cap space.

2. Eric Ebron, TE UNC
5. James Hurst, OT UNC

Personally I don't believe that the first two options will be available when our pick roles around, but at the same time they are in the wheel house (anything can happen I guess).

I would love a physical, press and shut down corner which all mentioned can be, specifically Dennard who I have seen a bunch of. Getting a big run blocking RT like Scherff would go a long way towards improving our OL. I wouldn't mind even picking one of the CBs or Scherff and then trading up in the 2nd to secure Scherff/Hurst then. Personally I don't see much of a difference in the ability between a guy like Jordan Mathews and Jarvis Landry. I wouldn't waste our 1st on a WR when we could get one of equal talent in the 2nd. I am not impressed with the WR class at all this year and would prefer we wait until next year to address that. I would rather see Cam progress in the mental aspect of the game. Continuing to learn the read progressions and making the correct decision as well as getting the ball out in a quicker time frame ala Drew Brees will benefit this offense more than searching for an Alshon Jeffery or prime time weapon. The only weapon I hope the team looks to in the draft is Ebron or possibly Amaro if either are available at our pick. Shore up the OL and CB position first please.

Not drafting a WR in either of the first two rounds would be detrimental to this offense, every year we skip going after a premier WR and it's finally starting to show.

Gamecocks
Fly392009

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
Fly392009 wrote:

2. Eric Ebron, TE UNC
5. James Hurst, OT UNC

Not drafting a WR in either of the first two rounds would be detrimental to this offense, every year we skip going after a premier WR and it's finally starting to show.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. As I mentioned in the sentance before I don't see a difference in the WRs projected for the late 1st as opposed to the 2nd round tier. I would take a WR like Landry or someone in the 2nd if they are there, however I just wouldn't waste the 1st rounder on a WR this year. I'm not overly impressed with this years class so I would wait until next year to go after the stud.
faccda01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly392009 wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
Fly392009 wrote:

2. Eric Ebron, TE UNC
5. James Hurst, OT UNC

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. As I mentioned in the sentance before I don't see a difference in the WRs projected for the late 1st as opposed to the 2nd round tier. I would take a WR like Landry or someone in the 2nd if they are there, however I just wouldn't waste the 1st rounder on a WR this year. I'm not overly impressed with this years class so I would wait until next year to go after the stud.

If we do that we will need to sign a solid WR in free agency. We can't keep waiting on WR. What we have now is not good enough.

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys particularly happy with your OC or would you like to see a change there?

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: