Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does Martin incident change your thought on 14 draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green4gulf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
Pickle wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Pickle wrote:
what if the NFL takes away our 1st rounder

The Saints only had their second rounder taken away and that situation was much worse...
That's because they didn't have a 1st round pick that year, they took their second and their second in the following draft.

The only incidents in the NFL that have been the cause of a team losing a draft pick have been incidents of cheating so far as I'm aware.

The Saints cheated the salary cap and pay restrictions with the bounty ordeal, New England with spygate, and our own fins by tampering with Don Shula to bring him in as our HC.

Our current situation has shown no proof so far that demonstrates how our team gained any kind of unfair advantage. For this reason I fail to see a draft pick get taken away from us or any real team wide penalty. I absolutely see the NFL implementing some type of mandatory Equal Opportunity and anti hazing training for all teams due to the Martin bullying situation.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like new information comes out daily but I think it is crazy to assume Miami will lose a draft pick because of it. If they take a draft pick let it be a second because we miss on those anyway.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
It seems like new information comes out daily but I think it is crazy to assume Miami will lose a draft pick because of it. If they take a draft pick let it be a second because we miss on those anyway.

Come on.... Irelands kinda hit on 1 of 15....he's bound to get another right

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has not changed my view point of the first round. If we don't get one in FA then I think round 1 needs to be Taylor Lewan or Tiny Richardson and in the 2nd round Gabe Jackson. We need to solidify this OL if we have any hope of developing Tannehill.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

Or since they know we suck with our picks in the second round they take away all our picks from other rounds and place them all in round 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really... We needed help on the OLine even when Richie and Martin were here, so we still need help without them.

OT in the 1st round.
OG in the 2nd round.
OT in the 3rd round.
OG in the 4th round.

Yolo.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
This has not changed my view point of the first round. If we don't get one in FA then I think round 1 needs to be Taylor Lewan or Tiny Richardson and in the 2nd round Gabe Jackson. We need to solidify this OL if we have any hope of developing Tannehill.

Excellent, someone bringing options.
Thank you.

• How long of a contract did we give McKinney ?
That will be pivotal ...

• The "Poncey" subpoena matter is pivotal, maybe the Feds don't have anything on him, he interviews & they thank him politely not to leave the country.

• Depending on our GM/HC situation maybe the strategy is to trade down in the 1st & load up pks...?

• Do we have any tangible commodities to trade ?

Jus kickin the can...
sug
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hard time getting excited for the 2014 draft knowing Jeff Ireland is making the picks.
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:

Excellent, someone bringing options.
Thank you.

• How long of a contract did we give McKinney ?
That will be pivotal ...

• The "Poncey" subpoena matter is pivotal, maybe the Feds don't have anything on him, he interviews & they thank him politely not to leave the country.

• Depending on our GM/HC situation maybe the strategy is to trade down in the 1st & load up pks...?

• Do we have any tangible commodities to trade ?

Jus kickin the can...
sug
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
SUG wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
SUG wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
It hasn't changed my opinion of the draft which will have no impact on who the Dolphins draft, that will be up to the new GM and coach Gruden.

Which Gruden?

In the words of Cam Cameron " We signed the whole Gruden Family "

That said, Jon Gruden will be the head coach.

Jon Gruden Head Coach, Jay Gruden Assistant head coach and OC

I could live with that

Yeah ... No thanks.
IF we do make a HC change (which I hope we dont) I hope to God it's a West Coast guru. Thats the dirrection we've been going in & I don't want to go back to "ground n pound & a cloud of dust" ...
Hell No !

Anti Chuky
sug

Just curious, who would be your top choice for head coach if Philbin is fired? Greg Roman perhaps?

Honestly I havent given it any thought.
Maybe I should, maybe Ireland spins this thing to hold on to his job.

sug

Evil or Very Mad

Please do not make these kind of evil jokes.

Smile You & I both know this is a distinct possibility.
Look, we've built this Off model as a West Coast so whomever we bring in as HC/GM has to have a proven trk rec.
Personally I like Philbin, I don't believe for a second he's perfect but he fully intends to make this a modern aerial assault.
My hope here is that he learns just how talent starved the Oline was before we lost Long, Incognito & Martin.
We could easily see 4 new starters next yr that arent even on the roster.
That does not sound like a franchise that put an ounce of serious thought going into 2013.

We've been beating that drum the past 3 yrs so I will not entertain any discussion about BPA. And we may need to be prepared to part ways with a marquee player to acquire said talent.

sug
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
SUG wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
SUG wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
It hasn't changed my opinion of the draft which will have no impact on who the Dolphins draft, that will be up to the new GM and coach Gruden.

Which Gruden?

In the words of Cam Cameron " We signed the whole Gruden Family "

That said, Jon Gruden will be the head coach.

Jon Gruden Head Coach, Jay Gruden Assistant head coach and OC

I could live with that

Yeah ... No thanks.
IF we do make a HC change (which I hope we dont) I hope to God it's a West Coast guru. Thats the dirrection we've been going in & I don't want to go back to "ground n pound & a cloud of dust" ...
Hell No !

Anti Chuky
sug

Just curious, who would be your top choice for head coach if Philbin is fired? Greg Roman perhaps?

Honestly I havent given it any thought.
Maybe I should, maybe Ireland spins this thing to hold on to his job.

sug

Evil or Very Mad

Please do not make these kind of evil jokes.

Smile You & I both know this is a distinct possibility.
Look, we've built this Off model as a West Coast so whomever we bring in as HC/GM has to have a proven trk rec.
Personally I like Philbin, I don't believe for a second he's perfect but he fully intends to make this a modern aerial assault.
My hope here is that he learns just how talent starved the Oline was before we lost Long, Incognito & Martin.
We could easily see 4 new starters next yr that arent even on the roster.
That does not sound like a franchise that put an ounce of serious thought going into 2013.

We've been beating that drum the past 3 yrs so I will not entertain any discussion about BPA. And we may need to be prepared to part ways with a marquee player to acquire said talent.

sug
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
I have a hard time getting excited for the 2014 draft knowing Jeff Ireland is making the picks.

Might not have to worry about that...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/06/sources-ireland-suggested-that-martin-confront-incognito-physically/

Quote:
Per multiple league sources, Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland received a call from Martin’s agent, Rick Smith, before Martin left the team on October 28. Smith complained to Ireland about the manner in which Incognito was treating Martin.

Ireland, according to the sources, suggested to Smith that Martin physically confront Incognito. Ireland specifically mentioned that Martin should “punch” Incognito.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

Or since they know we suck with our picks in the second round they take away all our picks from other rounds and place them all in round 2

nooooooooooooooooo! Evil or Very Mad
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/06/sources-ireland-suggested-that-martin-confront-incognito-physically/

Quote:
Per multiple league sources, Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland received a call from Martin’s agent, Rick Smith, before Martin left the team on October 28. Smith complained to Ireland about the manner in which Incognito was treating Martin.

Ireland, according to the sources, suggested to Smith that Martin physically confront Incognito. Ireland specifically mentioned that Martin should “punch” Incognito.

wouldn't that be the perfect get out?
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaiowas05 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Quote:

wouldn't that be the perfect get out?

Hell NO !
If there were any suggestions that anybody in a position of authority encouraged one player to "bully" one
player to "toughen him up" & then
told the 2nd party to retaliate ...
Thats along the same lines as "bountygate" without the cash implications.
Thats treding very dangerously along the lines of player safety on top of conduct detremental to the league.

Mr. Ross needs to be proactive & intercede before Goodell does.
I could see rhe comish impose punishment on Mia.

sug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: