Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Bye-Week Rumor Mill ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poe getting winded makes me lawl.

I don't know where to find the % of snaps played stats. Can someone pull up last year's numbers in that regard when we went to Denver? I'd be curious to see what Poe's snap count looks like.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:

I don't know where to find the % of snaps played stats. Can someone pull up last year's numbers in that regard when we went to Denver? I'd be curious to see what Poe's snap count looks like.

70% according to footballoutsiders

Might see an increase this year
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree this team has had epic endurance this year from the defensive starters. Lets not go too far though.. playing in Denver is always an issue.

More over.. I think the biggest reason we have epic snap count percentages from our key starters is because we have NEEDED THEM! We don't have the depth on defense in the front 7 to keep them rotated and fresh without a major drop off.

Poe --> substantial drop off --> Jaye Howard or Toribio
DJ --> substantial drop off --> James Michael Johnson
Hali --> substantial drop off --> Dezmon Moses

The only one of these studs that has a guy I really trust behind him..

Houston --> Frank Zombo

There's a drop off there too but it's not the cliff's we see with the big 3 above! Zombo can play in the league (had a sack and 5 tackles as a UDFA starter in the superbowl even!)

No game on our schedule will test our depth like the @Denver game will. None! These guys behind the studs have contributed nothing. We've NEEDED every snap out of the studs that we've gotten!

I absolutely believe someone from this next tier will have to make a play in Denver. Someone will have to step up because with that thin air and Denver's quick paced offense.. our conditioning will be tested bigtime.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Toribio is a huge drop off so much as a huge difference in style. Poe is a force of nature while Toribio is a consumate technician.

Hali and DJ I give you.

J

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
I agree this team has had epic endurance this year from the defensive starters. Lets not go too far though.. playing in Denver is always an issue.

More over.. I think the biggest reason we have epic snap count percentages from our key starters is because we have NEEDED THEM! We don't have the depth on defense in the front 7 to keep them rotated and fresh without a major drop off.

Houston --> Frank Zombo

There's a drop off there too but it's not the cliff's we see with the big 3 above! Zombo can play in the league (had a sack and 5 tackles as a UDFA starter in the superbowl even!)

No game on our schedule will test our depth like the @Denver game will. None! These guys behind the studs have contributed nothing. We've NEEDED every snap out of the studs that we've gotten!

I absolutely believe someone from this next tier will have to make a play in Denver. Someone will have to step up because with that thin air and Denver's quick paced offense.. our conditioning will be tested bigtime.

Well, there's two sides to that. The gap in quality of play is as much to do with how good the guys like Houston/Hali/Poe are, as how mediocre or poor our backups are. If you look at the players behind J.J. Watt, Earl Thomas, or Patrick Willis, it's also going to look like a pretty crazy dropoff, poor depth or good depth. Hussain Abdullah, for instance, is someone I would consider to be good depth, but it's still a huge dropoff if we're taking Berry off the field for him.

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
Mikek163

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

70% according to footballoutsiders

We will see an increase this year

FIFY.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:

Houston --> Frank Zombo

Well, there's two sides to that. The gap in quality of play is as much to do with how good the guys like Houston/Hali/Poe are, as how mediocre or poor our backups are. If you look at the players behind J.J. Watt, Earl Thomas, or Patrick Willis, it's also going to look like a pretty crazy dropoff, poor depth or good depth. Hussain Abdullah, for instance, is someone I would consider to be good depth, but it's still a huge dropoff if we're taking Berry off the field for him.

In theory I agree. However.. even behind a guy like Watt there is at least an appearance of production.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster/Jared-Crick/3c61c8c1-975d-4e41-8225-e93c3d8a4d50

Jared Crick isn't Watt but he's decent depth looking at his stat sheet. 9 tackles and 2 PD's so far this year. Jaye Howard hasn't done anything behind Poe, Toribio has seemingly transitioned to DE only now but maybe he still offers some serviceable snaps in place of Poe.

That said.. I won't disagree with the theory. I certainly don't expect superstars behind our stars. I just want serviceable reps to spell them a bit and thus far they haven't provided that. It's a concern for this upcoming game. Luckily we are coming off a bye and therefore somewhat rested. That will help.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:

In theory I agree. However.. even behind a guy like Watt there is at least an appearance of production.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster/Jared-Crick/3c61c8c1-975d-4e41-8225-e93c3d8a4d50

Jared Crick isn't Watt but he's decent depth looking at his stat sheet. 9 tackles and 2 PD's so far this year. Jaye Howard hasn't done anything behind Poe, Toribio has seemingly transitioned to DE only now but maybe he still offers some serviceable snaps in place of Poe.

That said.. I won't disagree with the theory. I certainly don't expect superstars behind our stars. I just want serviceable reps to spell them a bit and thus far they haven't provided that. It's a concern for this upcoming game. Luckily we are coming off a bye and therefore somewhat rested. That will help.

Crick isn't doing that behind Watt though. Watt has missed 26 snaps this season. Crick has seen 151. He's not getting those stats subbing in for Watt, he's doing it playing across from Watt. Your comparison is to Jaye Howard, who has only seen 7 snaps this season. That's because neither Poe nor Watt come off the field, but while Crick subs in for Antonio Smith, Howard only ever subs in for Poe. The more applicable comparison there is Tim Jamison, who has seen 15 snaps, and with it made one tackle. He's the equivalent of Jaye Howard there. Crick's role in the Texans defense is more comparable to Allen Bailey for us, both in snap counts and who he subs in for (not for the elites in Watt or Poe, but for the middling players like DeVito and A. Smith.)

Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:

Crick isn't doing that behind Watt though. Watt has missed 26 snaps this season. Crick has seen 151. He's not getting those stats subbing in for Watt, he's doing it playing across from Watt. Your comparison is to Jaye Howard, who has only seen 7 snaps this season. That's because neither Poe nor Watt come off the field, but while Crick subs in for Antonio Smith, Howard only ever subs in for Poe. The more applicable comparison there is Tim Jamison, who has seen 15 snaps, and with it made one tackle. He's the equivalent of Jaye Howard there. Crick's role in the Texans defense is more comparable to Allen Bailey for us, both in snap counts and who he subs in for (not for the elites in Watt or Poe, but for the middling players like DeVito and A. Smith.)

That makes sense. I wondered if that could be the case but absent any info to the contrary I had to use their depth chart listing.

My concern remains for the endurance in Denver week 11. My initial post was to counter folks treating it like a non issue. Maybe I'm on an island with that concern and I certainly hope they prove me wrong. I'll be worried until though..
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:

That makes sense. I wondered if that could be the case but absent any info to the contrary I had to use their depth chart listing.

My concern remains for the endurance in Denver week 11. My initial post was to counter folks treating like a non issue. Maybe I'm on an island with that concern and I certainly hope they prove me wrong. I'll be worried until though..

Oh, I definitely do agree to an extent. Sometimes I get caught on this forum arguing for the sake of arguing, and forget where everything started Laughing

I don't worry too awfully much though. Last year, of our starters, Flowers and Lewis sat 3 snaps, Hali missed 6, and Poe missed 27. Our DEs rotated a lot, but they always do anyway, between our varying sub-packages and the fact that...I don't know, we just do. So Poe is potentially concerning. But the difference there is 54/81 snaps was about normal for him last year. He typically saw anywhere from 60%-80% of the snaps last season, so that was the norm for him. This year he's played all snaps without really seeming tired.

I'm sure there will be some rotation. But I don't think it will be so much that it will really hurt us. DBs won't be a problem at all. Johnson's role leaves him just fine. Hali never seems to get winded regardless. Houston I'd like to see us sit a few snaps, as I think it'd do him good, but I don't know that we will. The DEs, as I said, rotate anyway. It's really just Poe, I think, that is in question. But he has proven himself enough thus far to not make me terribly concerned. I don't disagree though, that depth is somewhat of an issue. But I think in some ways, we don't know the quality of our depth. We don't actually know what Mozes, Nico, or Haye can actually do.

I kind of feel like I've probably strayed again, but this is what happens when I try to talk about our defense while I'm listening to a Russian history lecture about Chechnya.

DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, first I'm so sick of the "CHIEFS HAVEN'T PLAYED ANYONE" Crap...we don't control our schedule. But that obvious point aside, let me illustrate something else.

Chiefs have played Titans (4-4), Texans (2-6), Browns (4-5) and the Bills (3-6). I'll completely agree that isn't very impressive. But for arguments sake let's take a look at all the "good" teams the Broncos have played.

Ravens (3-5), Colts (6-2, clearly the best team either of us will play outside of each other, but KC will play them too) and the Redskins who are 2-5.

Can Broncos fans please stop action like their world beaters? We've played basically the same teams, outside of the colts who we'll play later. And while we're not scoring 40+ points a game, our defense is playing a hell of a lot better too, so that isn't the team we're built to be. We play a very similar style of defense to the Colts who gave you the one loss you have, and we have a better defensive backfield than they do. Are we going to struggle and give up points/yards, yup, I'm not pretending we wont. But this crap about we haven't played anyone has to stop. The only team you played so far that is ANY better than the ones we played...BEAT YOU!

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
valkrei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Alright, first I'm so sick of the "CHIEFS HAVEN'T PLAYED ANYONE" Crap...we don't control our schedule. But that obvious point aside, let me illustrate something else.

Chiefs have played Titans (4-4), Texans (2-6), Browns (4-5) and the Bills (3-6). I'll completely agree that isn't very impressive. But for arguments sake let's take a look at all the "good" teams the Broncos have played.

Ravens (3-5), Colts (6-2, clearly the best team either of us will play outside of each other, but KC will play them too) and the Redskins who are 2-5.

Can Broncos fans please stop action like their world beaters? We've played basically the same teams, outside of the colts who we'll play later. And while we're not scoring 40+ points a game, our defense is playing a hell of a lot better too, so that isn't the team we're built to be. We play a very similar style of defense to the Colts who gave you the one loss you have, and we have a better defensive backfield than they do. Are we going to struggle and give up points/yards, yup, I'm not pretending we wont. But this crap about we haven't played anyone has to stop. The only team you played so far that is ANY better than the ones we played...BEAT YOU!

1 Broncos 7-1 Best offense in the NFL can light up the scoreboard, Also turns the ball over a lot. Find a way to capitalize on mistakes, dont make any yourself and you got a shot to beat them. On opponents similar to the ones KC has played the opponents points scored is more then double what KC allowed.

2 49ers 6-2 Slow start, looking Legit again.

3 Chiefs 9-0 Awesome start, Offense looks lethargic at times, D is greatness as far as opponents total score avg per game. Kendrick lewis is the only real weakness on this D. The offense needs a new #1WR and the offensive line needs better protection and run blocking for JC and to be consistent.

4 Seahawks 8-1 Has had some come from behind wins, I dont see people knocking them.

5 Patriots 7-2 Early in the season has had some sloppy wins, and just lost to the Jets.

6 Packers 5-3 Just lost Rogers for a few games, even still they are struggling.

7 Panthers 5-3 started the season slow, looking like a legit team at this point.

8 Colts 6-2 Has had a few close games, They could easily have a few more losses right now.

9 Saints 6-2 Good team but I have seen a few games where for whatever reason their offense struggles, the patriots game they were aweful.

10 Lions 5-3 they throw almost always, and Megatron. You find a way to stop him or keep their offense off the field easy win. Grind the clock this game.

I guess my point is even when you look at the top 10 all the teams have some flaws, I do not see a perfect team out there. All teams right now are beatable on Any Given Sunday.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Cutler06

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
Anyway, thought I would see who on your squad is on the mend. The bye is such a great time to mend those nagging little injuries, what about it guys ???

Dontari Poe has an ankle sprain he's been playing on that should heal perfectly by the time he plays Denver.

I'm sure he's licking his chops at dominating that back-up center of yours.

While Poe has graded out as a top 3 NT this year, ManRam has graded out as top 5 as well. Only thing Poe's gonna be doing is sucking wind and licking turf Wink

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
While Poe has graded out as a top 3 NT this year, ManRam has graded out as top 5 as well. Only thing Poe's gonna be doing is sucking wind and licking turf off Peyton's helmet after each of his 3 sacks. Wink

FIFY.

...and thank you, Chiefer. I definitely expect a steep incline in those snap counts this year. The guy is like an energizer bun...er...rhino.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Cutler06, let's assume that the Donkeys beat the Chiefs....not an assumption I am ready to concede, but let's assume they do. Let me see that means each team has ....wait for it.....Oh yeah, 1 loss.

Then THEY come to OUR house in two weeks. Game on, Brotha!!!!!!!

And I hope Manning is very much 100% in both games. I want no whining when we do a number on you. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: