Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Bye-Week Rumor Mill ...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: The Bye-Week Rumor Mill ... Reply with quote

As we (probably) won't have a GDT ... I'll kick it off:

Quote:
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 7m

Tampa worked out 2 QBs - Graham Harrell and Mike Kafka. NE and KC each worked out two punters

No names here - but Colquitt had some knee issues. Due diligence probably only.
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully just due diligence, but ya never know. I appreciate a FO that CONTINUES to bring guys in whether there is an apparent need or not. Just 'doin the job they were hired to do.'.....take note Scott Pioli, who STILL doesn't have a GM job in the NFL. (and who bores me to tears on the SIRIUS NFL channel 8Cool
chiefs82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping it is just doing your homework. We have 2 weeks tobget right and healthy going into Denver which is a big plus.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
Cutler06

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, thought I would see who on your squad is on the mend. The bye is such a great time to mend those nagging little injuries, what about it guys ???

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Anyway, thought I would see who on your squad is on the mend. The bye is such a great time to mend those nagging little injuries, what about it guys ???

Well, we get our rookie DB Sanders Commings back, the bye also gives Colquitt a chance to heal up as well as Fasano getting healthy and JC rests up.

We should be relatively healthy going into Denver

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
Mikek163

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

Well, we get our rookie DB Sanders Commings back, the bye also gives Colquitt a chance to heal up as well as Fasano getting healthy and JC rests up.

We should be relatively healthy going into Denver

He was being sarcastic. He's trying to make the case that we have been healthy all year when in reality we haven't. (Although we will be vs Denver Very Happy )

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:

Dontari Poe has an ankle sprain he's been playing on that should heal perfectly by the time he plays Denver.

I'm sure he's licking his chops at dominating that back-up center of yours.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

Dontari Poe has an ankle sprain he's been playing on that should heal perfectly by the time he plays Denver.

Poe was an absolute beast against Buffalo. We don't win that game without him, now he gets to rest up and get healthy. Watch out opposing Centers. Poe is a hungry hungry hippo

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Winder23

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

That backup center who has allowed one sack all season? Can Poe even stay out there for 60+ plays a game. I don't see Poe being all that effective at a mile high with the Broncos moving the ball as quickly as they do. But we will see...
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

That backup center who has allowed one sack all season? Can Poe even stay out there for 60+ plays a game. I don't see Poe being all that effective at a mile high with the Broncos moving the ball as quickly as they do. But we will see...

Oh, so you would you like to know what % of the time you will see Poe, DJ, Houston, Tamba? 100% of the time. Poe has played 95% of the snaps this year, DJ 98, Tamba 98, Houston 98. The only snaps they HAVEN'T played is when we took them out at the end of the Jacksonville game.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Mikek163

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

LMAO! "Can Poe even stay out there for 60+ plays a game?" Are you freakin serious? The guy has played over 95% of our snaps the entire year. Last week vs Buffalo he wasn't taken out once..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

LMAO! "Can Poe even stay out there for 60+ plays a game?" Are you freakin serious? The guy has played over 95% of our snaps the entire year. Last week vs Buffalo he wasn't taken out once..

I believe that we had like 80 ish plays last week too, our most of the season

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Winder23

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

You all will know I am serious when Poe is huffing a puffing trying to get to he LOS after a 30 yard gain and Peyton is already at the line barking out the next play.

I understand your pride and excitment over the 9-0 start and good defense, but they haven't seen anything remotely close to what the Broncos are going to throw at them. Getting fat on Cleveland, Buffalo, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Houston, and Oakland is one thing, but going into Denver and playing the same game isn't going to get it done.
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

You all will know I am serious when Poe is huffing a puffing trying to get to he LOS after a 30 yard gain and Peyton is already at the line barking out the next play.

I understand your pride and excitment over the 9-0 start and good defense, but they haven't seen anything remotely close to what the Broncos are going to throw at them. Getting fat on Cleveland, Buffalo, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Houston, and Oakland is one thing, but going into Denver and playing the same game isn't going to get it done.

yeah it'll be a bit tougher, but most NTs play less than 50% of their teams snaps. ours plays 100%. So even if he plays less than normal and plays 80% of the snaps because he needs breathers in the Colorado air, then so be it, he's still gonna be out there a ton. This may be the best conditioned team we've ever had. The snap %'s are crazy ridiculous, then when you consider that we get BETTER in the 4th Q...

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Mikek163

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

yeah it'll be a bit tougher, but most NTs play less than 50% of their teams snaps. ours plays 100%. So even if he plays less than normal and plays 80% of the snaps because he needs breathers in the Colorado air, then so be it, he's still gonna be out there a ton. This may be the best conditioned team we've ever had. The snap %'s are crazy ridiculous, then when you consider that we get BETTER in the 4th Q...

Another reason why we can allow our defense to play the entire game is that our offense is basically made up of long, drawn out drives. Lots of 3rd down conversions which keeps our defense fresh. Not to mention even if we move the ball 10-20 yards we will pin you back near your 10 yard line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: