Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our running back situation...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's our best running back?
Stevan Ridley
83%
 83%  [ 26 ]
Shane Vereen
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
LaGarrette Blount
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Brandon Bolden
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 31

24isthelaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Thought Vereen was poised for a mega season.

He may well be.

He played in one game and was arguably the best offensive player during that game.

Will he accumulate crazy bulk stats? Nah. But if he can be as impactful as he was in week 1, for the rest of the year, that's a "mega season" easily.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

He may well be.

He played in one game and was arguably the best offensive player during that game.
And as of that Sunday night, Vereen had arguably the best week 1 of any RB. He led RBs in rushing yards until McCoy's monster Monday night game, and Vereen had the best YPC even after McCoy's game. It really was everything you'd expect from the start to a breakout season.

...and then he realized his wrist was broken.
patsfan25

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

He may well be.

And as of that Sunday night, Vereen had arguably the best week 1 of any RB. He led RBs in rushing yards until McCoy's monster Monday night game, and Vereen had the best YPC even after McCoy's game. It really was everything you'd expect from the start to a breakout season.

...and then he realized his wrist was broken.

I think he's on the verge of game-changer status as a player. My hate has grown drastically to pure pimpin' love for him, as I wasn't a fan of him as a prospect.
Touchdowns:6
Launches:6

OFFENSIVE MVP
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Hopefully Vereen can help our RZ running problems. Vereen is money when it comes to 1 yard TD runs. Much better than anyone else on the roster.

I'd take Ridley 1st. Ridley has great vision and patience... if there's a hole he usually hits it. His best trait is his ability to use blocking well, which to me is reliability.

Vereen may be too, and in general I'd rather have Vereen out due to all the other stuff he can do, but the sample size we have of Ridley getting tough yards makes him the choice for me for RZ carries.

Vereen when on the GL seemed to be the 1st choice when he's healthy, his ability to catch out of the backfield and shiftiness through tiny holes seems to be the reason he was above Ridley in those situations.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Vereen's versatility. Especially as a pass-catcher and not just a Sproles-esque dump-offs/screens type. We've seen several times recently that he's trusted to actually run routes down-field and has good, natural hands. Can't wait to see him fit again.

2013 Adopt-a-Pat:Tom Brady, Quarterback
Stats: 257-430-2896 17TDs 7INT
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Vereen is more than a RB, he is an offensive weapon

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better than LT himself
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Hopefully Vereen can help our RZ running problems. Vereen is money when it comes to 1 yard TD runs. Much better than anyone else on the roster.

I'd take Ridley 1st. Ridley has great vision and patience... if there's a hole he usually hits it. His best trait is his ability to use blocking well, which to me is reliability.

Vereen may be too, and in general I'd rather have Vereen out due to all the other stuff he can do, but the sample size we have of Ridley getting tough yards makes him the choice for me for RZ carries.

Vereen when on the GL seemed to be the 1st choice when he's healthy, his ability to catch out of the backfield and shiftiness through tiny holes seems to be the reason he was above Ridley in those situations.

You mean the game that Ridley got benched it they almost lost that game because they couldn't score inside the 5.
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridley is the guy Vereen played great in the 1st game, but lets face it was against buffalo! Ridley before getting benched had 50 yards on 10 carries.
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridley is the better runner, Vereen is the better weapon.

Mack on the sig
patsfan25

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
Ridley is the better runner, Vereen is the better weapon.

I wouldn't say Ridley is clearly the better runner. Vereen has great vision and zoom through holes and runs with pretty good power and push for his size as well. If anything, Ridley may be more built to carry the load and take punishment. That's the only push he has on Vereen in my opinion.
Touchdowns:6
Launches:6

OFFENSIVE MVP
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKOhitter8737 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

You mean the game that Ridley got benched it they almost lost that game because they couldn't score inside the 5.

Yeah I mean that one game where Vereen had a broken wrist as opposed to his entire career with the Patriots... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
TKOhitter8737 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

Yeah I mean that one game where Vereen had a broken wrist as opposed to his entire career with the Patriots... Rolling Eyes

FWIW, Ridley had 20 carries at or inside the 5 last year (8 TD's), Vereen had 5 carries (3 TD's).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
TKOhitter8737 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

FWIW, Ridley had 20 carries at or inside the 5 last year (8 TD's), Vereen had 5 carries (3 TD's).

What about RB catches inside the RZ and inside the 5? I seem to recall Vereen had a couple of short REC TD's.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
TKOhitter8737 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

What about RB catches inside the RZ and inside the 5? I seem to recall Vereen had a couple of short REC TD's.

Vereen has 0 catches inside the 5. He has 3 career receiving TD's (including playoffs), 83 yards, 33 yards, 8 yards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: