Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Walton activated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Walton activated Reply with quote

JD Walton has been activate and John Moffit goes to the Reserve/Left team list. Walton should add good depth and a little more flexibility in an area we could use.

Not sure about where Moffit goes, seems like a stash area IMO.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Walton-to-Active-Roster/33330e4d-541d-4bfe-9150-7c0791527976

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reserve/left team is for AWOL players. Apparently Moffitt has ragequit.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

Supposition based on..........?
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

Maybe Vickerson stole his pudding.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
KC_Broncos_Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Supposition based on..........?

he retired
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear I saw him yesterday at the Cabelas on Lone Tree.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's no secret than I like a healthy JD Walton, but the question for me right now is, can he play Guard?

LT: Clark
LG: Beadles
C: Ramirez
RG: Vazquez
RT: Franklin

Second team

LT: (Clady - IR)
LG: Vallos
C: Walton
RG: Kuper
RT: Justice

Now, you figure Kuper is the first man off the bench if anyone except maybe Ramirez goes down. If Franklin goes down then Vasquez kicks to RT. If Vasquez or Beadles goes down then Kuper slots right in. If Ramirez goes down then Walton slots in. If Clark goes down, we panic.(But, in reality, probably Justice would play LT for the rest of the game then we pick someone off the street.)

So, as it stands, JD Walton is purely a stand in at centre.

Looking forward from this season

LT: Clady, Clark
LG:
RG: Vasquez, Kuper

That's 6 guys that are signed through next season on the O-Line, and 4 of the starting spots are filled. Could Kuper play LG? Maybe, but I'm not sure he has the skill set. Zane Beadles probably isn't going to get re-signed. One option would be to kick Ramirez out to LG and reinstate Walton, but then again, Ramirez has snapped to Manning a heck of a lot more than JD has. Dan Koppen is still a Bronco as well, for what it's worth.

So JD's hopes of earning an extended stay in Denver may rest on him playing LG, but I think we'd probably rather keep Beadles anyway.
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
It's no secret than I like a healthy JD Walton, but the question for me right now is, can he play Guard?

LT: Clark
LG: Beadles
RG: Vazquez

Second team

LT: (Clady - IR)
LG: Vallos
C: Walton
RG: Kuper
RT: Justice

Now, you figure Kuper is the first man off the bench if anyone except maybe Ramirez goes down. If Franklin goes down then Vasquez kicks to RT. If Vasquez or Beadles goes down then Kuper slots right in. If Ramirez goes down then Walton slots in. If Clark goes down, we panic.(But, in reality, probably Justice would play LT for the rest of the game then we pick someone off the street.)

So, as it stands, JD Walton is purely a stand in at centre.

Looking forward from this season

LT: Clady, Clark
LG:
RG: Vasquez, Kuper

That's 6 guys that are signed through next season on the O-Line, and 4 of the starting spots are filled. Could Kuper play LG? Maybe, but I'm not sure he has the skill set. Zane Beadles probably isn't going to get re-signed. One option would be to kick Ramirez out to LG and reinstate Walton, but then again, Ramirez has snapped to Manning a heck of a lot more than JD has. Dan Koppen is still a Bronco as well, for what it's worth.

So JD's hopes of earning an extended stay in Denver may rest on him playing LG, but I think we'd probably rather keep Beadles anyway.

Koppen has retired. And Kuper is due almost 6 mil next year so unless he restructures like this year he probably wont be on the team, so maybe they do resign Beadles.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? He is on IR, he hasn't filed his retirement papers. I could see Kuper getting cut though.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuper will 100% be cut after this year. He is due 5.9M and when he has played this season, he has looked done.

I like JD Walton but dont think he fits at LG. We run a power block scheme and Walton has similar issues, although not quite as bad, as Zane; he cant get good push in the run game and gets put on skates alot.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Kuper took a pay cut this year, wouldn't that have followed thru the rest of his contract ?

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Winder23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
I thought Kuper took a pay cut this year, wouldn't that have followed thru the rest of his contract ?
He did and is a free agent at season's end. I doubt he plays after this season. He is still having trouble with the ankle and is holding on in hopes of a ring before he calls it quits. The fact that Kuper is still playing is amazing. Talk about a tough SOB.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

I get the feeling that the role of guard seems to be changing in the NFL. An OG used to be a stout blocker that can slow down a rushing DT or move out to push a LB. An OG would be picked in the late rounds of the draft because they weren't highly valued. Lately the number of sacks is increasing from interior rushers. OGs that can move like an OT are wanted.

While an OG still has to be a strong blocker, the role is changing because DTs are getting faster. Being an "immovable object" isn't enough when a fast DT can run past them.

Beadles has good quickness but is often over-powered by DTs.

Ramirez was a poor OG but is a good center because he's a savvy veteran that can use his head as a center. But Ramirez is over 30 and may only have a year or two left.

Walton will be the center of the future if he can return to form. He might get tried at other spots but the Broncos will probably go slow on any big changes with Walton.

I think the Broncos are more likely to get an OG in the draft than convert Walton.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: