Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jason McCourty, Bernard Pollard make PFF's Team of the Month

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Jason McCourty, Bernard Pollard make PFF's Team of the Month Reply with quote

McCourty as the #1 corner with an 8.3 grade, 2 points higher than the #2 corner, Revis.

Quote:
Alongside him McCourty maintains the Titans influence at corner (Alterraun Verner last month) and joins his twin brother in the secondary. Targeted 25 times this month McCourty has surrendered only 143 yards (5.7 yards per attempt) earning a positive coverage grade each week.

Bernard Pollard as an HM at safety.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/05/team-of-the-month-q2/

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Jason McCourty, Bernard Pollard make PFF's Team of the M Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
McCourty as the #1 corner with an 8.3 grade, 2 points higher than the #2 corner, Revis.

Quote:
Alongside him McCourty maintains the Titans influence at corner (Alterraun Verner last month) and joins his twin brother in the secondary. Targeted 25 times this month McCourty has surrendered only 143 yards (5.7 yards per attempt) earning a positive coverage grade each week.

Well that would put J Mac ahead of the media darling Richard Sherman then correct? Shocked Nice that Ruston locked him up last year. J Mac should be one of several Titans getting a pro bowl look this season.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Jason McCourty, Bernard Pollard make PFF's Team of the M Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Quote:

Well that would put J Mac ahead of the media darling Richard Sherman then correct? Shocked Nice that Ruston locked him up last year. J Mac should be one of several Titans getting a pro bowl look this season.

For this past month, yes.

THeir mid-season all-pro team has this:

Quote:
Cornerbacks: Darrelle Revis, TB (+13.Cool and Alterraun Verner, TEN (+11.7)

Are you calling shenanigans? A third Buccaneer? Well that just goes to show the lopsided nature of the team with Revis not back to his best, but close enough to lead our cornerback rankings. Verner hasnít quite maintained his magnificent early season form, but hangs on in with his teammate McCourty, Seahawk Sherman and many more not far behind.

Second Team: Jason McCourty (TEN) and Richard Sherman (SEA)

So REvis is their #1, Verner their #2, McCourty their #3, Sherman their #4, going off this, for the year so far.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/05/pffs-midseason-all-pro-team/

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares... nobody really comprehends how PFF comes up with their numbers. People just look at the rankings like "oooh... somebody from my teams on the list."

I just don't really pay attention to all of that. It means very little to me. According to PFF we have one of the best secondaries in the league I guess. We're still 4-4. Doesn't mean squat. KC had what 8 Probowlers on a team that ended up with the #1 pick. Outside of bragging rights, I don't see a point of caring about these obscure stats, and even then, the best bragging rights come from wins not stats.

**RIP Steve McNair**
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Who cares... nobody really comprehends how PFF comes up with their numbers. People just look at the rankings like "oooh... somebody from my teams on the list."

I just don't really pay attention to all of that. It means very little to me. According to PFF we have one of the best secondaries in the league I guess. We're still 4-4. Doesn't mean squat. KC had what 8 Probowlers on a team that ended up with the #1 pick. Outside of bragging rights, I don't see a point of caring about these obscure stats, and even then, the best bragging rights come from wins not stats.

Yes, PFF's rankings/gradings are questionable I best. I just post them as something to discuss/read. PFF isn't the only one hyping up Verner, McCourty, Griffin and Pollard. All of us here are and other media outlets are as well.

Everyone knows wins are what matters. No one here has said otherwise. Just discussing players performance. If you don't care about it, you don't have to read it or post about it.

#1CB Jason McCourty
LT Michael Roos
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:

Yes, PFF's rankings/gradings are questionable I best. I just post them as something to discuss/read. PFF isn't the only one hyping up Verner, McCourty, Griffin and Pollard. All of us here are and other media outlets are as well.

Everyone knows wins are what matters. No one here has said otherwise. Just discussing players performance. If you don't care about it, you don't have to read it or post about it.

I don't mean to come off as antagonistic. And to me this is part of the debate. I'm curious as to why people care so much about rankings and such like that. The ever elusive "media respect".

**RIP Steve McNair**
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both have done great since the Houston game. vs SD Gates caught the only recieving TD neither of them were covering him. Cumberland caught one for the Jets neither were covering him either. Then KC had no passing TDs at all Seattle had no passing TDs SF had no passing TDs and the Rams only passing TD was to Cook which neither of them were covering Cook. So pretty good month and a half. Going forward the book on the Titans is beat them with the TE

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 8 Tackles 5 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 9 Tackles 4 Assist 1 Sack
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe its just maybe... and maybe I'm just nitpicking... but it always seems like the other team's QB is always completing a high percentage of their passes against us. For the most part, we haven't given too many yards and we seem to be able to get off on 3rd downs pretty well... but it could be a problem since we haven't exactly played a who's who of QBs. We don't face too many elite QBs the rest of the way (Manning may be the only truly elite QB we face all season), but it could be troublesome against a competent starter like Luck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: