Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KT's Mock Offseason 2.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: KT's Mock Offseason 2.0 Reply with quote

Extend Mack, Ward, and Haden. No new free agents.

1-14. Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
-Who do you slide you saftey too now? Both? J-bone would eat that up.

1-24. Ryan Shazier ILB Ohio State
-an excellent linebacker with toughness and speed. He is the new mold 34 ILB that Horton loves. Team leader type that will bring an added element to an already good defense.

2-47. Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech
- Tough hard nose CB who typically sticks to his man tight. Not afraid to lower the boom in the run game either. Will play outside in nickel situations so we don't have to use Owens anymore.

3-70. Jeff Matthews QB Cornell
- A slight project but the kid is obviously super smart and has every tool in the book. He can make every throw that would ever be asked of him. He is one of the few I have seen that actually manipulates defenders with his eyes.

3-79. DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon
-He will challenge Dion Lewis for carries and receptions. Will never be a starter but will be effective in a variety of roles and will alway add another wrinkle defenses have to prepare for against the Browns.

4-115. Carlos Hyde RB Ohio State
- If he can prove to handle pass protection duties will be the starter from day 1. Big bodied down hill runner that will gain yards where yards are hard to come by.

4-124. Traded for 2015 3rd

5. Ted Bolser TE Indiana
- a very underrated red zone threat. He lines up as a slot receiver as well as in line TE. May very well be a better blocker than any TE on the team currently.

6. Billy Turner OT North Dakota State
- never watched him but I always have a soft spot for small school players.

7. Marcus Williams CB North Dakota State
- we struck gold with Bryant in the 7th last season why not tis year with another small school sleeper?

QB Brian Hoyer/Jason Campbell/Jeff Matthews
RB Carlos Hyde/Dion Lewis/DeAnthony Thomas
FB Chris Ogobannaya
WR Josh Gordon/Devone Bess/Travis Benjamin
WR Sammy Watkins/Charles Johnson
TE Jordan Cameron/Marquies Gray/Gary Barnidge
LT Joe Thomas
LG John Greco/Garrett Gilkey
OC Alex Mack/Patrick Lewis
RG Jason Pinkston/Chris Faulk
RT Mitchell Schwartz/Reid Fregel
DE Desmond Bryant/John Hughes
NT Phil Taylor/Ishmailly Kitchen
DE Ahtyba Rubin/Billy Winn/Armonty Bryant
LB Jabaal Sheard/Barkevious Mingo/Paul Hazell
LB D'Qwell Jackson/Eric Martin/Tank Carder
LB Ryan Shazier/Craig Robertson
LB Paul Kruger/Quentin Groves
CB Joe Haden/Kyle Fuller/Marcus Williams
CB Buster Skrine/Leon McFadden
FS Tashaun Gipson/Johnson Bademosi
SS T.J. Ward/Josh Aubrey
PK Brandon Bogotay
PT Spencer Lanning
LS Christian Yount

Jamison on the sig
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes

#JDI
bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love me some sammy...but hes a top 10 guy.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it a lot. Shazier is intriguing. You know I love Mathews, 3rd rnd is a steal. Hyde in the 4th is a steal. I don't think either will be there, a round earlier is more likely. And I do like Watkins over that cat from A&M that everyone is crushing on.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
I love me some sammy...but hes a top 10 guy.

That is probably true. I honesty wouldn't know where to go if all the best QBs and Watkins are off the board.

Maybe C.J. Mosley but I think he is a Top 10 guy too. Far too much talent at CB this year to take one of the top flight guys to be our 2. No RB worth a first rounder this year. Everyone seems to think Ebron is a stud but I have never watched him. I love me some Jace Amaro too but don't know that TE is a first round need. We are insanely stacked at D-line as in all 7 of our lineman would start on half the teams in the league. We have 3 guys who are very good OLBs and a great depth veteran. I don't believe Dix is worth such a high pick at saftey, nor that much of an upgrade of Gipson.

If the QBs and Watkins are gone I would like a stud RT once and for all. Even be better if it were someone who could slide to the left when Joe hangs it up. My 2nd option would be someone offers us a great trade up deal like a high 2nd, 4th and 2013 1st and 3rd.

Jamison on the sig
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Watkins and Shazier BUT

With two 1st rounders and potentially a deep class, will we ever have a better chance to draft a franchise QB? I don't know much of anything about Jeff Matthews so I'll be careful how I word this, but I doubt he is a cornerstone QB. Not sure a project QB is the player to add with Hoyer and Campbell... three middling QBs would arguably be the most likely result we would end up with. Plus a 3rd round pick is valuable and could be used on another guy who would contribute.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:

With two 1st rounders and potentially a deep class, will we ever have a better chance to draft a franchise QB? I don't know much of anything about Jeff Matthews so I'll be careful how I word this, but I doubt he is a cornerstone QB. Not sure a project QB is the player to add with Hoyer and Campbell... three middling QBs would arguably be the most likely result we would end up with. Plus a 3rd round pick is valuable and could be used on another guy who would contribute.

You don't burn a 1st round pick on a QB just becuase you want to draft a QB.

Every pick has value.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:

Every pick has value.

Who said you do?

Logic would dictate however, that a first round QB should be a better prospect than a 3rd round QB...

Judging by Russell Wilson and Brandon Weeden though, you never know. Maybe Jeff Matthews is the next great steal. As I said, I don't know enough about him. But I do like a couple of the projected 1st round QBs.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: KT's Mock Offseason 2.0 Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Extend Mack, Ward, and Haden. No new free agents.

1-14. Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
-Who do you slide you saftey too now? Both? J-bone would eat that up.

I love love love this pick, Gordon and Watkins on the outside maybe slide little into the slot and Cameron, watch those throwing lanes open right up

1-24. Ryan Shazier ILB Ohio State
-an excellent linebacker with toughness and speed. He is the new mold 34 ILB that Horton loves. Team leader type that will bring an added element to an already good defense.

Shazier is interesting to me he has the athleticism of a OLB and the mentality of an ILB, I would be lying if I didn't say I am intrigued as to what Horton could do with him after seeing him use Daryl Washington, I would not be opposed to this pick, Shazier is the only Buckeye prospect I like.

2-47. Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech
- Tough hard nose CB who typically sticks to his man tight. Not afraid to lower the boom in the run game either. Will play outside in nickel situations so we don't have to use Owens anymore.

I am not quite sure what to make of Fuller, I think he can play CB in the NFL but would he be a better safety, I have only seen a little bit of him, going same position but a different player who also intrigues me at this point is Justin Gilbert from Oklahoma St. give him a look Kam, he has been opening some eyes at CB this year and is a tip top return man as well

3-70. Jeff Matthews QB Cornell
- A slight project but the kid is obviously super smart and has every tool in the book. He can make every throw that would ever be asked of him. He is one of the few I have seen that actually manipulates defenders with his eyes.

I really like this pick, Matthews has sooooo many sexy tools, he reminds me of a smarter Big Ben, I know he has not looked that good this year but he did lose some very big players this year and I believe Cornell has a new coach as well this season, From everything I have read on him he is a football junkie, lives in the film room, is the unquestioned leader of that team. IMO he is the perfect candidate to bring in let sit and work with.

3-79. DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon
-He will challenge Dion Lewis for carries and receptions. Will never be a starter but will be effective in a variety of roles and will alway add another wrinkle defenses have to prepare for against the Browns.

In the immortal words of Danial Bryan YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! this is prolly my favorite pick of your mock becasuse The Mamba has something you cant teach pure blinding speed, Norval can use him in the same way he used Darren Sproles, and watching DAT, he runs tough and hard through the middle.

4-115. Carlos Hyde RB Ohio State
- If he can prove to handle pass protection duties will be the starter from day 1. Big bodied down hill runner that will gain yards where yards are hard to come by.

I am not really a huge fan of Hyde, I think he is a really good college back, but will be at best an avg. NFL back but at this point in the draft I wont complain too much

4-124. Traded for 2015 3rd

5. Ted Bolser TE Indiana
- a very underrated red zone threat. He lines up as a slot receiver as well as in line TE. May very well be a better blocker than any TE on the team currently.

6. Billy Turner OT North Dakota State
- never watched him but I always have a soft spot for small school players.

7. Marcus Williams CB North Dakota State
- we struck gold with Bryant in the 7th last season why not tis year with another small school sleeper?

I really dont know alot about your last 3 guys so I will take your word for it, Overall Good mock Kam, I look forward to your future ones

QB Brian Hoyer/Jason Campbell/Jeff Matthews
RB Carlos Hyde/Dion Lewis/DeAnthony Thomas
FB Chris Ogobannaya
WR Josh Gordon/Devone Bess/Travis Benjamin
WR Sammy Watkins/Charles Johnson
TE Jordan Cameron/Marquies Gray/Gary Barnidge
LT Joe Thomas
LG John Greco/Garrett Gilkey
OC Alex Mack/Patrick Lewis
RG Jason Pinkston/Chris Faulk
RT Mitchell Schwartz/Reid Fregel
DE Desmond Bryant/John Hughes
NT Phil Taylor/Ishmailly Kitchen
DE Ahtyba Rubin/Billy Winn/Armonty Bryant
LB Jabaal Sheard/Barkevious Mingo/Paul Hazell
LB D'Qwell Jackson/Eric Martin/Tank Carder
LB Ryan Shazier/Craig Robertson
LB Paul Kruger/Quentin Groves
CB Joe Haden/Kyle Fuller/Marcus Williams
CB Buster Skrine/Leon McFadden
FS Tashaun Gipson/Johnson Bademosi
SS T.J. Ward/Josh Aubrey
PK Brandon Bogotay
PT Spencer Lanning
LS Christian Yount

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:

Every pick has value.

Who said you do?

poorbytehshore wrote:
With two 1st rounders and potentially a deep class, will we ever have a better chance to draft a franchise QB? I don't know much of anything about Jeff Matthews, ... but I doubt he is a cornerstone QB... a project... middling QB... Plus a 3rd round pick is valuable and could be used on another guy who would contribute.

You critiqued Kam for not drafting a QB in the 1st round, bashed the QB he did take, and then said that by taking the QB in the 3rd he was wasting value as he would not contribute....

Therefore, you do not like Kam drafting Mathews in the 3rd, and you want him to draft someone in the first round... YOU want Kam to use a 1st round pick on a QB just because YOU want to draft a QB.

Dropkick_pride wrote:
You don't burn a 1st round pick on a QB just becuase you want to draft a QB..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
With two 1st rounders and potentially a deep class, will we ever have a better chance to draft a franchise QB? I don't know much of anything about Jeff Matthews, ... but I doubt he is a cornerstone QB... a project... middling QB... Plus a 3rd round pick is valuable and could be used on another guy who would contribute.

Dropkick_pride wrote:
You critiqued Kam for not drafting a QB in the 1st round, bashed the QB he did take, and then said that by taking the QB in the 3rd he was wasting value as he would not contribute....

Therefore, you do not like Kam drafting Mathews in the 3rd, and you want him to draft someone in the first round... YOU want Kam to use a 1st round pick on a QB just because YOU want to draft a QB.

See the question mark? I asked a question. Not at any point did I state we should draft a first round QB. As for bashing Jeff Matthews solely because he was a 3rd round QB, that's just untrue. I expressed doubt that he was anything more than a project with a limited ceiling and whether that was what we needed. I also did not call him a 'middling QB' as your edited quote suggests. I argued that a likely outcome in my mind was that we could end up with three middling QBs.

Please don't choose the context for my words!
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:

Dropkick_pride wrote:

See the question mark? I asked a question. Not at any point did I state we should draft a first round QB. As for bashing Jeff Matthews solely because he was a 3rd round QB, that's just untrue. I expressed doubt that he was anything more than a project with a limited ceiling and whether that was what we needed. I also did not call him a 'middling QB' as your edited quote suggests. I argued that a likely outcome in my mind was that we could end up with three middling QBs.

Please don't choose the context for my words!

Your words. Your context.

I Didn't say you bashed Mathews for ONLY being a 3rd, I included all your points. see above....

You did say Mathews was a middling QB, along with with Campbell and Hoyer, "being the most likely result" and the "likely outcome." "Three middling QBs." See above...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson, Kaepernick, Rodgers, and Flacco were not expected to be cornerstone QBs either. With this class there is a lot of extremely talented kids with flaws that keep them from being premier prospects. Because of that you are going to be getting the same type player in the late first through at least late 2nd, I am hoping early 3rd.

Jamison on the sig
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB class has top notch quantity, but not necessarily top notch quality....

Which is good for the browns because they are not going to be in position to draft a top tier QB (aka Luck) even if one was available.

The tricky part is deciding who of the group of QBs do you like the most as a potential starter down the road, and where do you draft him?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: KT's Mock Offseason 2.0 Reply with quote

- Love the Watkins pick.

- Would probably be cool with picking Shazier. Just depends on who else is available. I hope Robertson improves because he has shown flashes.

- Haven't seen much of Fuller but I'd prefer to sign a cornerback via free agency. If Skrine continues to play well, a starter might not be needed but just a nickel back instead.

- Have heard good things about Matthews. I might like the pick, but it depends on what other QBs are available.

- I would love Thomas, especially in round three. He could be gone much earlier, though.

- I would love Hyde as well. Getting him and Thomas in the same draft would be awesome!

Overall, I think I'd be pretty happy with the draft. I doubt the Browns are extremely active when it comes to signing free agents, but I think they'll do something.

Adopt-a-Brown: Alex Mack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: