Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 GDT: Bye Week
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikejets22

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilkasaur wrote:
So is anybody else really shocked that we're 5-4 with wins against, the Falcons at home, the Patriots, and the Saints.

I don't think any one, even us Jets fans would have saw that coming. I knew the Jets were not the 32nd team in the league, but I didn't think we'd be in control of the wildcard going into the bye either.

But I'm happily surprised by them so far this year. Rex is doing a heck of a job this year. I don't think there is anyway he can get fired at this point, which is also a huge plus!

I'm super excited for this team going forward, especially our beastly front 7 who will be feasting on Tom Brady and the rest of the AFC East for years to come.
Twisted Evil

Rex, luckily for us, is once again coaching up this team and raising the level of play well above the talent of the team. Unfortunately for us we could really use top-15 pick offensive talent in the draft (2 top 45 offensive talents to boot). Oh well. We should enjoy this run and let the chips fall where they may for the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's insane how well we have drafted the past three years. 13 of our 22 starters on offense and defense have been drafted in the past three years.

QB: Geno Smith (2013 - 2nd)
RB: Bilal Powell (2011 - 4th)
FB: Tommy Bohanon (2013 - 7th)
WR: Stephen Hill (2012 - 2nd)
WR: Jeremy Kerley (2011 - 5th)
LG: Brian Winters (2013 - 3rd)

DE: Muhammad Wilkerson (2011 - 1st)
NT: Damon Harrison (2012 - UDFA)
DE: Sheldon Richardson (2013 - 1st)
OLB: Quinton Coples (2012 - 1st)
ILB: Demario Davis (2012 - 3rd)
CB: Dee Milliner (2013 - 1st)
S: Antonio Allen (2012 - 7th)
Wilkasaur

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikejets22 wrote:
Wilkasaur wrote:
So is anybody else really shocked that we're 5-4 with wins against, the Falcons at home, the Patriots, and the Saints.

I don't think any one, even us Jets fans would have saw that coming. I knew the Jets were not the 32nd team in the league, but I didn't think we'd be in control of the wildcard going into the bye either.

But I'm happily surprised by them so far this year. Rex is doing a heck of a job this year. I don't think there is anyway he can get fired at this point, which is also a huge plus!

I'm super excited for this team going forward, especially our beastly front 7 who will be feasting on Tom Brady and the rest of the AFC East for years to come.
Twisted Evil

Rex, luckily for us, is once again coaching up this team and raising the level of play well above the talent of the team. Unfortunately for us we could really use top-15 pick offensive talent in the draft (2 top 45 offensive talents to boot). Oh well. We should enjoy this run and let the chips fall where they may for the draft.

I think will be able to snag a number one wideout in this draft in the first or second. Meaning I don't think I'd be opposed to finally getting that OLB pass rusher we have been begging for if we have a later first rounder and say Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins are off the board (both of which could go top 15).

This draft has tons of wide receivers who could be #1's in the NFL in my opinion. Don't get me wrong though I fully think wide receiver is the number 1 need for the team.
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
It's insane how well we have drafted the past three years. 13 of our 22 starters on offense and defense have been drafted in the past three years.

I remember hearing something along the lines of the Packers have drafted all their players on their 53 man roster but three. No idea if it is true but I think it is from looking at their roster. Only player I got that weren't drafted by them was Senneca Wallace and KKKKKKKKUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

green24

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:

I remember hearing something along the lines of the Packers have drafted all their players on their 53 man roster but three. No idea if it is true but I think it is from looking at their roster. Only player I got that weren't drafted by them was Senneca Wallace and KKKKKKKKUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNN

The Packers don't do free agency. I can't think of anyone worth noting they've added since Woodson.

We only have one starter from the 2008-2010 drafts (Jeff Cumberland, a UDFA in 2010). Mark Sanchez, Kyle Wilson, Josh Mauga, and King Ugly are the only others players left from those drafts.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pickett's their only starter who was drafted by someone else.

The only post-merger team I can think of where every player on the roster was either a draft pick or UDFA pick that had only played with that team was the '79 Steelers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see how Idzik handles his first real offseason. I say that because last year we really couldn't do anything in free agency due to the cap. He states he believes in building thru the draft, so it would not surprise me at all if we aren't big players in free agency, and just look to draft well.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Wilkasaur

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
It will be interesting to see how Idzik handles his first real offseason. I say that because last year we really couldn't do anything in free agency due to the cap. He states he believes in building thru the draft, so it would not surprise me at all if we aren't big players in free agency, and just look to draft well.

I wouldn't be opposed to this at all, especially after dealing with Tanny's trade away all your picks and give players crazy contracts strategy.

I think this off season is gonna be one that will be huge for this team going forward, Idzik will defiantly be able to start to put together "his" team.
glenearl18

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

None of those guys other than Wilkerson, Richardson, Davis, Allen, Harrison, and maybe Geno (remains to be seen) are players I would call solid starters. Only Wilkerson and Richardson are "pro bowl" talents. Powell is painfully average at everything, Kerley's a solid slot-man, Hill is unproven, Winters sucks, Bohannon sucks, Coples usually sucks, and Milliner sucks. The drafts look OK but very, very far from insane.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
green24 wrote:

None of those guys other than Wilkerson, Richardson, Davis, Allen, Harrison, and maybe Geno (remains to be seen) are players I would call solid starters. Only Wilkerson and Richardson are "pro bowl" talents. Powell is painfully average at everything, Kerley's a solid slot-man, Hill is unproven, Winters sucks, Bohannon sucks, Coples usually sucks, and Milliner sucks. The drafts look OK but very, very far from insane.

He didn't say solid starters. I'm sorry but Coples, Hill, Kerley and Powell are all solid starters. Solid means they are average and hold their own, I would certainly say all these guys do that.
JETS2005

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
green24 wrote:

I love how a guy that his rookie season had 5.5 sacks and then fractured his ankle in the preseason (a year he changed positions) and is just getting back fully healthy (his first week off the injury report) then has a great game now that he is healthy, somehow usually sucks.
TheChad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't noticed that we'd been so poor recovering fumbles we've forced. I'd generally consider fumble recoveries to be a 50/50 proposition, so to recover only 2 of 11 is a bit unlucky.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETS2005 wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:
green24 wrote:

I love how a guy that his rookie season had 5.5 sacks and then fractured his ankle in the preseason (a year he changed positions) and is just getting back fully healthy (his first week off the injury report) then has a great game now that he is healthy, somehow usually sucks.

Well he does, what can I say. Not saying he won't break out, and to the guy above this post I never said green24 said these were all good players. He did say it's insane how well we've drafted and while we haven't done a bad job I just don't see how this is great either. Maybe if Coples and Milliner emerge as cornerstones.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
JETS2005 wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Well he does, what can I say. Not saying he won't break out, and to the guy above this post I never said green24 said these were all good players. He did say it's insane how well we've drafted and while we haven't done a bad job I just don't see how this is great either. Maybe if Coples and Milliner emerge as cornerstones.

I'm confused do you have some sort of glaring stat that shows how bad Coples has played when he isn't injured? Not everyone on a defense can go to a probowl, not that it really matters cause it's a popularity contest. You can't expect a rookie who has been injured all season and a 2nd year player coming off an injury to establish themselves as cornerstones that quickly.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do have confidence that with Wilkerson, Harrison and Richardson dominating that line that Coples will really start playing better. You leave Wilk or Coples 1 on 1 and they more times than not will win that matchup. This bye week giving them rest and an extra week to get healthy should help. Confidence with this front 7 is high right now. And a defense with confidence and swagger is dangerous and in a good way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: