Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bay Area browns fan midseason mock

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BaYArEa32


Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 76
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Bay Area browns fan midseason mock Reply with quote

Resign

Alex Mack 5 yrs 30 mil
Top 3 center IMO key piece to our line must get a deal done

Tj ward 4 yrs 28 mil
I loves tj while at Oregon one of my favorite players could develop into a top 5-10 safety under Horton

Joe Haden extension 6 yrs 60 mil
No need to explain here I truly believe he's the best cb in football

Chris Robertson 3 yrs 11 mil
Struggled in coverage at times but for an undrafted player he's been solid

Free agents

Ben tate rb/hou 3 yrs 16 mil
Short term deal with an opportunity to be a feature back love the talent after 2 years if he produces like I hope extend and a bigger deal

Jeremy maclin wr/phi 1 yr 1.8 mil
Coming off injury hoping he can bounce back and play to his talent level could be solid piece with the offense also low risk singing

Davon house cb/gb 3 yrs 10 mil
A guy I'm high on a lot of people probably don't know a lot about. Been solid when given an opportunity to play could "should" push for number 2 job good size corner and if another number 2 develops would be a great nickel and special teamer. Also I am good friends and his older brothers boss so I keep tabs on him Wink

2014 draft

1a- Johnny Manziel qb/a&m
I know a lot of you will hate this pick but I don't think we will be high enough to get bridgewater or mariota so take Manziel and have him sit a year or 2 behind hoyer depending on how hoyer plays. I like the kid he makes plays and is a more polished passer then tebow which a lot of ppl like to compare him to

1b-de'anthony Thomas ow/Oregon
Not the neediest pick but it's another weapon to put around hoyer and the offense.

2-Gabe Jackson g/miss st
A gaurd that can come in compete and continue to give is depth on the o-line

3a- shayne skov lb/Stanford
I personally don't believe he will last this long but I've seen him I'm this area in a lot of mocks if he does then it is solid value as this guy is a stud can learn from dq52 and contribute on special teams early

3b Donte Moncrief WR/Ole Miss
Not a need pick with signing maclin but a talented guy to bring in. I have a feeling little with be elsewhere next season so could slide in as a 4/5 wr in his rookie yr

4-Moses Morgan ot/ Virginia
Not sure if he will fall this far but if he does it's a ok pick continues the depth on o line

5- Silas redd rb/ USC
Late round rb with some talent could be an upgrade on backup backs

6-bpa

7-k?


Obviously not the most solid mock but I believe it's a good step in the right direction. Please give feed back on it good or bad I'm a Bay Area,ca browns fan doing the best I can for a midseason mock. Thanks guys and go browns!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sdrawkcab321


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 7861
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig Robertson is wayyyy over paid. Taking Thomas in the 1st is way over drafting him. No way we get maclin for that cheap. I like manziel but it depends on who we pass on to take him
_________________
Adopt A Brown:Spencer Lanning

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cattleman78


Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 6974
Location: ohio
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Bay Area browns fan midseason mock Reply with quote

BaYArEa32 wrote:
Resign

Alex Mack 5 yrs 30 mil
Top 3 center IMO key piece to our line must get a deal done

Tj ward 4 yrs 28 mil
I loves tj while at Oregon one of my favorite players could develop into a top 5-10 safety under Horton

Joe Haden extension 6 yrs 60 mil
No need to explain here I truly believe he's the best cb in football

Chris Robertson 3 yrs 11 mil
Struggled in coverage at times but for an undrafted player he's been solid

Free agents

Ben tate rb/hou 3 yrs 16 mil
Short term deal with an opportunity to be a feature back love the talent after 2 years if he produces like I hope extend and a bigger deal

Jeremy maclin wr/phi 1 yr 1.8 mil
Coming off injury hoping he can bounce back and play to his talent level could be solid piece with the offense also low risk singing

Davon house cb/gb 3 yrs 10 mil
A guy I'm high on a lot of people probably don't know a lot about. Been solid when given an opportunity to play could "should" push for number 2 job good size corner and if another number 2 develops would be a great nickel and special teamer. Also I am good friends and his older brothers boss so I keep tabs on him Wink

2014 draft

1a- Johnny Manziel qb/a&m
I know a lot of you will hate this pick but I don't think we will be high enough to get bridgewater or mariota so take Manziel and have him sit a year or 2 behind hoyer depending on how hoyer plays. I like the kid he makes plays and is a more polished passer then tebow which a lot of ppl like to compare him to

1b-de'anthony Thomas ow/Oregon
Not the neediest pick but it's another weapon to put around hoyer and the offense.

2-Gabe Jackson g/miss st
A gaurd that can come in compete and continue to give is depth on the o-line

3a- shayne skov lb/Stanford
I personally don't believe he will last this long but I've seen him I'm this area in a lot of mocks if he does then it is solid value as this guy is a stud can learn from dq52 and contribute on special teams early

3b Donte Moncrief WR/Ole Miss
Not a need pick with signing maclin but a talented guy to bring in. I have a feeling little with be elsewhere next season so could slide in as a 4/5 wr in his rookie yr

4-Moses Morgan ot/ Virginia
Not sure if he will fall this far but if he does it's a ok pick continues the depth on o line

5- Silas redd rb/ USC
Late round rb with some talent could be an upgrade on backup backs

6-bpa

7-k?


Obviously not the most solid mock but I believe it's a good step in the right direction. Please give feed back on it good or bad I'm a Bay Area,ca browns fan doing the best I can for a midseason mock. Thanks guys and go browns!


Robertson I think is an E.R.F. A. so I think he just gets tendered for a year. Kam and I had a discussion on Robertson's status and I'm now 99% sure Kam was right on Robertson being restricted.

Maclin could very well sign a one year prove it contract but probably in the 3 million range.

As for your draft I don't have a problem drafting a q.b. in the first round. Maybe it's Manziel or someone else. Thomas I like as a prospect but with Dion Lewis coming back next year I see no need for him. And yes I would not draft him in the first round either. I love Gabe Jackson in the second round. Don't know if he will be there in the middle of the second round though. Moncrief in the third round is a good pick.
_________________
browns and indian fan 7272


Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Moderator
Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5827
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

House will be in the last year of his contract next year.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 25760
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was the last time a first round pick sat for more than a year when he wasn't behind a hall of famer?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zelbell


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 7861
Location: Rammy on the Bosa sig
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
When was the last time a first round pick sat for more than a year when he wasn't behind a hall of famer?
Locker was behind Hasselbeck for a year if that one counts Laughing
_________________

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: stay tuned?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pmk


Joined: 21 Jun 2007
Posts: 12064
Location: NYC
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
When was the last time a first round pick sat for more than a year when he wasn't behind a hall of famer?
Locker was behind Hasselbeck for a year if that one counts Laughing
Carson Palmer, Chad Pennington, Duante Culpepper, Brady Quinn, Jason Campbell, JP Lossman, Phillip Rivers...not exactly an impressive list
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group