Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

O-Linemen
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skatewood2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: O-Linemen Reply with quote

I know this is an uninformed question and I apologize as I have not been following as well as I should have lately, but here's my question:

What are we going to do about O-Linemen?

I know we just signed McKinnie and there is talk of bringing the rookie in but will that be enough? I have heard a lot about how bad Clabo has been.

Are there any O-Linemen out there in FA that we can look at bringing in to help get us thru the rest of the season? We do not have any easy games on the schedule anymore. I know a lot of you will say that the next game should be easy, but after this week I don't see anything being easy for the Fins the rest of the season.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Manic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they did well thursday nite. They plugged Nate into the G spot cus richie got hurt in the 1st. They also used yeatman alot for some power running. I dont think we will be too bad off.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really the team is replacing only one starter....and Nate Garner started part of last season....

In the ned...the line was bad to begin with and I doubt the current situation will make things significantly worse.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be argued the team did a better job with Martin out. I thought Garner held up fine. Of course the Fins will have to address the offensive line this off season. There will be three new faces for sure. It is possible Miami becomes a better unit with the loss of Martin. Clearly, he was the ugly duckling of the unit and did not fit in. I think Garner filled in well last week so the issue now becomes Clabo.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the Off season, I expect to see us draft an OT in round 1 and an OG in round 3. I also expect we will bring in a premiere OT or OG in free agency.

Off topic, round 2 should be a TE or DB.

FYI this isn't my draft preference but it is what I see in my crystal ball.
alant_8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought i'd bring this back up after one of the better performances by our line this year. Say Pouncey is available to play next week for the Panthers. Would anyone else like to see him at LG and Garner left at C? actually thought Jerry was the weakest of the line sunday! So;

McKinnie - Pouncey - Garner - Jerry (Brenner) - Clabo

to see us through the rest of the season?
Manic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha sadly i was thinking about that too. Nate did better at center than at guard. I dont think anyone could say C was a problem that game. I like to see em try pouncy at OG so we could maybe atleast run and screen on one side of the ball.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's say the top 3-4 OT prospects are gone by the time we pick. Could we get by with McKinnie for one more year and grab a TE or other nice prospect instead (maybe trade back), then get an OG in R2?
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
Let's say the top 3-4 OT prospects are gone by the time we pick. Could we get by with McKinnie for one more year and grab a TE or other nice prospect instead (maybe trade back), then get an OG in R2?

Everything will depend on what free agency brings and what is available when the Phins pick...

If the players are able to test the Market I see at least 4 or 5 strong possibilities for the Phins...

Mack (Cleveland Center) - Yes the Phins have Pouncey, but he's tipping the count and I think would be a much better guard.

Asamoah (KC Guard) - Young athletic guard who has had sustained success over his career.

Brandon Albert - I was wrong to think the Phins shouldn't have traded for him this past off-season...he will again be a free agent.

Eugene Monroe - I still think he becomes a free agent even with his trade to Baltimore

Matt Slauson (Bears Guard) - HE signed a 1 year deal and could be allowed to test the market again

Jered Veldheer - Injuries are always a concern, but when healthy he is very good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the game I thought McKinnie was the weak link with his poor blocking. I did not see any real punch from him or any use of his physical stature to ride out the pass rush. Jerry was easy to point at because of his calls of false start but I thought he was good on the run plays and adequate on passes.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 2, Tackles 4 Assists 2

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 2 : Death 10 Joe 7
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good podt skate
This should be the #1 topic of conversation going into the draft & FA.

Is anybody else as concerned as I am that Dallas Thomas (3rd rnd pk) hasnt started 1 single GM despite
being decimated at OL !?!?

I would like to update my second update from 3 to 4 and now to 5 new starting caliber Olinenen that are needed in Mia.

Thank you Jeff Ireland, you idiot MORON for your lack of vision, false sense of reality & poor player evaluation.

sug
Maddogg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Good podt skate
This should be the #1 topic of conversation going into the draft & FA.

Is anybody else as concerned as I am that Dallas Thomas (3rd rnd pk) hasnt started 1 single GM despite
being decimated at OL !?!?

I would like to update my second update from 3 to 4 and now to 5 new starting caliber Olinenen that are needed in Mia.

Thank you Jeff Ireland, you idiot MORON for your lack of vision, false sense of reality & poor player evaluation.

sug

I like this guy called SUG.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 2, Tackles 4 Assists 2

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 2 : Death 10 Joe 7
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, I think the Ireland hate is way too strong on this regard. Most mid-round picks don't play well their first season. Most of 'em don't even work out on their first team, if at all. Ireland's not a great GM fr other reasons (overpaying for Wallace, not addressing the OL in FA, etc.), but you can't expect a GM to always draft quality players. It's also worth mentioning that GMs don't directly evaluate each and every prospect in depth- that's why there are scouts. And it's not that easy of a prediction to make.

I'm alright with hating on Ireland, just use the right reasons or you dilute the message.
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
Jeez, I think the Ireland hate is way too strong on this regard. Most mid-round picks don't play well their first season. Most of 'em don't even work out on their first team, if at all. Ireland's not a great GM fr other reasons (overpaying for Wallace, not addressing the OL in FA, etc.), but you can't expect a GM to always draft quality players. It's also worth mentioning that GMs don't directly evaluate each and every prospect in depth- that's why there are scouts. And it's not that easy of a prediction to make.

I'm alright with hating on Ireland, just use the right reasons or you dilute the message.

Now hold on there JCool,, this isn't some kinda "new trend".
Several of us have been sounding the alarm about Oline 3 yrs in a row now.
And if a handful of half witted afficionados can see the issues plain as day well then ...
I'd be more than happy making a quarter of what Irelands made over the yrs trying to guide this ship.

He is an idiot MORON
sug
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
JCool333 wrote:

Now hold on there JCool,, this isn't some kinda "new trend".
Several of us have been sounding the alarm about Oline 3 yrs in a row now.
And if a handful of half witted afficionados can see the issues plain as day well then ...
I'd be more than happy making a quarter of what Irelands made over the yrs trying to guide this ship.

He is an idiot MORON
sug

Yep, but he actually drafted OL pretty well over the course of his time here.

Hate Ireland if you want, just pick the right reasons- like the fact that he didn't draft enough of them, or the fact that he ignored the OL when spending all of his dough on Mike Wallace and Brandon Gibson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: