Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mularkey/VanGorder or Koetter/Nolan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Coordinator duo is better?
Mike Mularkey and Brian VanGorder
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Dirk Koetter and Mike Nolan
87%
 87%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 16

falcons145

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
The poster of this obviously doesn't remember BVG and Mularky, and are panicking pretty hard right now.

I do remember them, the play calling was absolutely atrocious at times. But our worst season ever with those guys was 9-7 and we were in the playoffs every other year. And well.... looks like we're going to be around 3-13 this year, and yes I know we went 13-3 with Nolan and Koetter but Mularkey and Vangorder went 13-3 too.
Lentz33

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcons145 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
The poster of this obviously doesn't remember BVG and Mularky, and are panicking pretty hard right now.

I do remember them, the play calling was absolutely atrocious at times. But our worst season ever with those guys was 9-7 and we were in the playoffs every other year. And well.... looks like we're going to be around 3-13 this year, and yes I know we went 13-3 with Nolan and Koetter but Mularkey and Vangorder went 13-3 too.

I'm failing to see your point... Just because you have a bad year, doesn't mean you wipe the slate clean and implement a whole new system.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
falcons145 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:

I'm failing to see your point... Just because you have a bad year, doesn't mean you wipe the slate clean and implement a whole new system.

I still think we'll give em one more year. We gave the first duo 4 years and they sucked too
falcons145

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I posted this three games ago, before getting BLOWN OUT by the seahawks and bucs, then getting swept by the Saints. Does anyone here agree with me now? The players had such a good effort over Nola and got outcoached AGAIN.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcons145 wrote:
Well I posted this three games ago, before getting BLOWN OUT by the seahawks and bucs, then getting swept by the Saints. Does anyone here agree with me now? The players had such a good effort over Nola and got outcoached AGAIN.

Nope, still silly to want to go back to those two.
ljm falcons 21

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take Nolan/Koetter.
Just been looking at Nolan's history as a DC and this is his first year running a 4-3 for over 10yrs, his history is as a 3-4 DC so I think next year could see a bigger shift to a base 3-4, I am aware that we do throw some 3-4 looks in on defense, i would be a big fan if we did change but I realise it would take a large personnel overhaul especially on the line.
Can't blame Koetter too much as the o-line has been horrid and with the injuries too Julio and roddy have been tough, but he does seem to be very conservative in certain situations that you would want us too be aggressive
And stretch the field.

[/u]
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Nolan over BVG any day of the week. Koetter/Mularkey, both are meh.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ljm falcons 21 wrote:
I will take Nolan/Koetter.
Just been looking at Nolan's history as a DC and this is his first year running a 4-3 for over 10yrs, his history is as a 3-4 DC so I think next year could see a bigger shift to a base 3-4, I am aware that we do throw some 3-4 looks in on defense, i would be a big fan if we did change but I realise it would take a large personnel overhaul especially on the line.
Can't blame Koetter too much as the o-line has been horrid and with the injuries too Julio and roddy have been tough, but he does seem to be very conservative in certain situations that you would want us too be aggressive
And stretch the field.

[/u]

Nolan has run a 4-3 before as a coordinator.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
ljm falcons 21

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JonnyQuest"][quote="ljm falcons 21"]I will take Nolan/Koetter.
And stretch the field.

[/u][/quote]

Nolan has run a 4-3 before as a coordinator.[/quote]

Yeh i know he has just not for a long time and he has had more success running the 3-4 wherever he has been a DC
falcons145

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We COULD draft/sign a nose tackle and play 3-4. I bet Peria Jerry would be better as a 3-4 end, and Corey Peters could be a decent one too. We could have it as

OLB: Osi Uminyiora
DE: Peria Jerry
NT: A Rookie we draft/A FA Signing
DE Corey Peters
OLB: Kroy Biermann/Jonathan Mass/Malliciah Goodman/A new rookie

ILB: Paul Worrilow
ILB: Sean Weatherspoon
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ljm falcons 21 wrote:
Yeh i know he has just not for a long time and he has had more success running the 3-4 wherever he has been a DC

before Atlanta, Nolan ran a 4-3 half of his stops for a total of 9 years. he ran a 3-4 for the other half for 9 years. in 2 years in Atlanta, he's run multiple front defenses. not 3-4 or 4-3.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcons145 wrote:
We COULD draft/sign a nose tackle and play 3-4. I bet Peria Jerry would be better as a 3-4 end, and Corey Peters could be a decent one too. We could have it as

OLB: Osi Uminyiora
DE: Peria Jerry
NT: A Rookie we draft/A FA Signing
DE Corey Peters
OLB: Kroy Biermann/Jonathan Mass/Malliciah Goodman/A new rookie

ILB: Paul Worrilow
ILB: Sean Weatherspoon
in the 3-4, you have Goodman as the 5-tech. and you'd run an unbalanced one. go out and sign Linval Joseph.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
ljm falcons 21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers scar for clearing that up.
And after spending the last 20mins reading about the unbalanced 3-4 im in aggreement with you. I would like to sign Terrance 'The Mount' Cody instead, thats just a personal preference though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: