Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Just Mocking Around Bye Week
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tricklogic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that high on Carr either, but I just wanted to chime in that I wish we could grab weapons early. I feel like we should pick a QB with our 2nd first or our 2nd rounder and let him sit behind Campbell (who I prefer) or Hoyer.

Hopefully we have no need to start a rookie QB next year but it would be foolish not to grab a high potential guy and let him learn the league when we have 2 guys who are proving themselves. I prefer winning now and don't feel bad considering the talent at QB in this draft, even if it means we grab a guy who needs to learn the league first; as long as we're not grabbing a 27 or 28 yr old to sit on the bench.

I honestly think Campbell is a better QB than Alex Smith and with a couple of offensive weapons and a few finishing pieces on defense I dare say we'd be have a better product on the field than the Chiefs.

I, like a few others have never been a fan of anything other than LT drafted in the first round for the OL, but considering the league and the misses in Pittsburgh; I really am starting to come around to the idea. I kind of like the idea of WR, QB, OL and than going back to the defensive side of the ball. Robertson really needs to come off the bench and the OP is right about trying to find 1 more CB, if we can hit on a late round HB that's icing, but it's obviously a need way too much pressure on the QBs to perform.
Spectre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
From what I've seen so far I'll take Hoyer/Campbell and WIN GAMES.

As for Carr. I'm not impressed.

Maybe. People thought the same thing when Derek Anderson had one impressive season. Don't forget, Hoyer will be 29, Campbell will be 32 and we're the 4th team for both. While they're a boost over Weeden, they're not exactly what someone would consider a long-term solution. Hell, before this season I think most of us would've called them journeymen.

There's a legit chance that either/or comes crashing back to earth next year and it's a lost season if we don't have a young guy waiting in the wings. Do we want to be the Vikings sticking with Ponder after a playoff year only to flush the next year down the toilet? Plus, look at what Norv has been able to do with quickening Campbell's release and footwork. It would be a waste to not have him develop a young guy in the same way.

That's why Carr is so appealing IMO. He has all the physical tools and his attitude/fire and work ethic are exactly what you want in an NFL QB. His footwork is crap because he throws off his back foot all the time and he can use work in the mental aspects but he's not a moron and he's a hard worker. Those are all fixable issues and Norv is the kind of guy who can fix them.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectre wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
From what I've seen so far I'll take Hoyer/Campbell and WIN GAMES.

As for Carr. I'm not impressed.

Maybe. People thought the same thing when Derek Anderson had one impressive season. Don't forget, Hoyer will be 29, Campbell will be 32 and we're the 4th team for both. While they're a boost over Weeden, they're not exactly what someone would consider a long-term solution. Hell, before this season I think most of us would've called them journeymen.

There's a legit chance that either/or comes crashing back to earth next year and it's a lost season if we don't have a young guy waiting in the wings. Do we want to be the Vikings sticking with Ponder after a playoff year only to flush the next year down the toilet? Plus, look at what Norv has been able to do with quickening Campbell's release and footwork. It would be a waste to not have him develop a young guy in the same way.

That's why Carr is so appealing IMO. He has all the physical tools and his attitude/fire and work ethic are exactly what you want in an NFL QB. His footwork is crap because he throws off his back foot all the time and he can use work in the mental aspects but he's not a moron and he's a hard worker. Those are all fixable issues and Norv is the kind of guy who can fix them.

No one has said anything about Hoyer or Campbell being long term solutions, and I have not heard anyone saying not to bring in a young QB to develop behind them.

Carr is still not appealing.... At least not to me. I simply have not seen enough positives in comparison to others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: