Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Just Mocking Around Bye Week
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HADEN4PREZIDENT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Just Mocking Around Bye Week Reply with quote

Resign
Alex Mack
TJ Ward

Extend
Joe Haden

Cuts
Oneil Cousins
Brandon Weeden
Chris Owens

Sign
RB Joique Bell- Detroit ops to not sign him and we pair him with Whittaker, Lewis and a drafted RB.

CB Alterraun Verner- Along with Buster Skrine and Joe Haden we have 3 CBs who can lock down teams like Green Bay or Denver.

Draft
1st

11. Sammy Watkins WR Clemson- Based Gordon, Jordan Cameron, Greg Little, Davone Bess, Travis Benjamin, Sammy Watkins is plenty of weapons for any QB to dominate with.

27. Cyril Richardson OG Baylor - Finishes off our O Line for the future giving us a run blocker for some new weapons.

2nd
De Anthony Thomas HB/Slot Oregon - Elite weapon to add to return game if Benjamin doesnt rehab and put anywhere in the offense

3rd
Derek Carr QB Fresno State- We get our guy deceptively mobile, accurate, with NFL arm and intangibles. Falls here due to surplus of QBs.

Shayne Skov LB Stanford- Versatile LB who should eventually start over Robertson on the inside.

4th
Antone Exum DB Virginia Tech- Very talented and versatile DB who can play both the CB and S reminds a little of Glover Quin.

Nick O' Leary TE Florida State- I think with the speed in this offense it would be interesting to see Chud get this tough TE to see what he can do with him

5th
Kerry Hyder Texas Tech DL- an interesting DT/DE prospect in the 3-4 who needs to put on some weight but makes plays in the backfield

6th
Prince Shembo OLB Notre Dame- can never have enough pass rushers we take a flyer on a man crush of mine from my favorite CFB team

7th
Cairo Santos K Tulane- The top kicking prospect is brought in although Cundiff has not done bad an upgrade could be had.

QB-HoyerCarrCampbell you tell me the order?
HB-Bell/Thomas/Lewis/Whittaker
FB-Ogabannaya
WR-Gordon/Little
WR2-Watkins/Benjamin
Slot-Bess/Thomas
TE- Cameron/Barnidge/O'Leary/Gray
LT- Thomas/Butler
LG-Greco/Pinkston
C-Mack/Gilkey
RG-Richardson/Lavauo
RT- Schwartz/Butler

DE-Bryant/Winn/Bryant
DT-Taylor/Kitchen/Hughes
DE-Rubin/Hughes/Hyder
OLB-Kruger/Groves/Shembo
ILB-Jackson/Carder
ILB-Robertson/Skov
OLB-Sheard/Mingo/Skov
CB-Haden/McFadden
CB-Verner/Poyer
NB-Skrine/Exum
FS-Gipson/Bademosi
SS-Ward
K-Santos/Cundiff
P-Lanning

11-5 Division Champs 2014

Thoughts?

^^^Jamison^^^
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carr won't make it out of the second and if he keeps doing what he is doing he is going to shoot up into the first round.

I also think that Carr can beat out both Campbell and Hoyer (if Hoyer wasn't injured I think we would trade him to get a pick to sucker a team out of a draft pick. See Matt Flynn).
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Carr is garbage. I'll stand by it. He stares down receivers, doesn't read defenses at all, and doesn't go through progressions. Basically, he has all the physical tools, but none of the mental ones.

I think watkins is a lock for the top ten. He's legit. One of the best players in a very talented draft.

Guard in the first is worse than me taking a RT in the first.

Why draft DAT? Browns need an everydown back. Not a bunch of shifty guys. Though I love Bell. He's not a great runner, but a huge asset in the passing game.

I don't see the Browns spending big $ on another CB.

I don't know the rest of the guys in the draft except Skov, who is very solid.
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
I think Carr is garbage. I'll stand by it. He stares down receivers, doesn't read defenses at all, and doesn't go through progressions. Basically, he has all the physical tools, but none of the mental ones.

I think watkins is a lock for the top ten. He's legit. One of the best players in a very talented draft.

Why draft DAT? Browns need an everydown back. Not a bunch of shifty guys. Though I love Bell. He's not a great runner, but a huge asset in the passing game.

He has gotten better and has looked off different recievers in the Nevada game.

Sorry going into the season with Hoyer/Campbell as the starter is a recipe for disaster. If we don't get one in this draft then we are the equivalent of getting the 7 or 8 seed in the NBA. The treadmill of mediocrity.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
bulldog wrote:

Sorry going into the season with Hoyer/Campbell as the starter is a recipe for disaster. If we don't get one in this draft then we are the equivalent of getting the 7 or 8 seed in the NBA. The treadmill of mediocrity.

From what I've seen so far I'll take Hoyer/Campbell and WIN GAMES.

As for Carr. I'm not impressed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not big on Carr

a DAT/Bell duo could probably work

like most of the rest of it...not a huge fan of a Guard in the first round...rather see that addressed in the 2nd-4th

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: 5 more weeks.......
pnies20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On top of everyone else's comments, we aren't going to sign a big name CB. We don't have the money. We will probably keep the same secondary next year. Maybe draft a FS.

<3 JF
bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
bulldog wrote:

So starting tge season with hoyer/campbell, who are 3-1, is a disaster??
HADEN4PREZIDENT

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer all the questions. Our biggest holes on offense are RB,OG,QB in that order in my opinion. Getting Bell/Thomas creates 2 back system where Bell gets 800 yds rushing and about 1000 yards for scrimmage from Thomas.

2nd I see the biggest reason we can't run the ball is the poor play of Shawn Lavaou who is our main pull blocker who tends to get blown up on run plays. We get Richardson so make a path for our RBs and finally have a Richardson who makes a difference in the run game.

At QB I have always been a fan of carr and can understand why some may oppose him so how bout butting McCarron in their instead what are your thoughts on him?

Finally the thoughts on Verner signing. We finally get the closest thing to a starter at CB we can get this offseason. If we aren't playing McFadden over Owens then we don't see him a big part of the near future.

^^^Jamison^^^
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
bulldog wrote:

So starting tge season with hoyer/campbell, who are 3-1, is a disaster??

The legend of Brian Hoyer continues. He was nothing more than Average and surely isn't a long term answer. Campbell is a 32 year old Journey man QB. So yes it is a disaster. You need a franchise QB above everything else period end of story. Hoyer isn't one and Campbell is too old to be one.

If you sit a QB for a year then you run into the same situation we have had since 1999. Fans will hate the starter at the first sign of trouble and run them out of town.

You get a franchise QB and start him immediately and there is no controversy and there is no question who the starter is.

Sticking with a QB that looks like Matt Flynn or a guy that has bounced around the league is how all winning organizations are built. Rolling Eyes
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
To answer all the questions. Our biggest holes on offense are RB,OG,QB in that order in my opinion. Getting Bell/Thomas creates 2 back system where Bell gets 800 yds rushing and about 1000 yards for scrimmage from Thomas.

2nd I see the biggest reason we can't run the ball is the poor play of Shawn Lavaou who is our main pull blocker who tends to get blown up on run plays. We get Richardson so make a path for our RBs and finally have a Richardson who makes a difference in the run game.

At QB I have always been a fan of carr and can understand why some may oppose him so how bout butting McCarron in their instead what are your thoughts on him?

Finally the thoughts on Verner signing. We finally get the closest thing to a starter at CB we can get this offseason. If we aren't playing McFadden over Owens then we don't see him a big part of the near future.

McCarron is nothing more than average. I want nothing to do with him and I think he will struggle in the NFL.
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:

McCarron is nothing more than average. I want nothing to do with him and I think he will struggle in the NFL.

Not saying I like Mccaron, but you're the same guy who likes that scrub Fales.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:

So. I am intrigued by a few QBs in college football. There are QBs that have better talent to play the position than others. The issue is most latch on the the "others" because they want to find the next Tom Brady in the later rounds than the next Manning in the first. It is a better story but those are the exceptions and not the norm. Hoyer has bounced around a lot and reminds me of Matt Flynn.

Look you are like half the forum that likes Colt, Hoyer, Frye because they were the "underdog". There is a reason for that. They suck.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:

So. I am intrigued by a few QBs in college football. There are QBs that have better talent to play the position than others. The issue is most latch on the the "others" because they want to find the next Tom Brady in the later rounds than the next Manning in the first. It is a better story but those are the exceptions and not the norm. Hoyer has bounced around a lot and reminds me of Matt Flynn.

Look you are like half the forum that likes Colt, Hoyer, Frye because they were the "underdog". There is a reason for that. They suck.

You saw those games we won with Hoyer, right?

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:

Not really big guy Laughing

Mccaron has a LOT better shot than Fales.

I just wanted to point out to everyone that you don't know jack [inappropriate/removed] about QBs either contrary to what your pretentious self may believe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: