Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nnamdi Asomugha?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
Whatever happened with Antoine Winfield?
I thought he'd sign with SOMEONE after being released by Seattle... maybe even Washington.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1165/antoine-winfield

Quote:
ESPN's Josina Anderson reports "retired" CB Antoine Winfield is working out in Houston and considering a return to "the right situation."

Winfield never filed his retirement papers after he announced his retirement. He spent the summer with the Seahawks, but Seattle was preparing to release the 36-year-old at final cuts before he hung up the cleats. The Vikings and Redskins hotly pursued Winfield along with Seattle, but those two teams are a combined 1-5. Those wouldn't seem to be ideal situations for Winfield. Contenders that could use an upgrade at slot corner are the Ravens and Texans. Sep 25 - 7:19 PM

Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Seems he hasn't been considered since Sept 25. I'm not sure why, it could be on his end that he won't play for a vet minimum or that he won't play for a losing team.

Who knows?

I sure would take him over Biggers and/or Murphy but again, Biggers seems to be Raheem Morris' boy. I just don't see that happening and Murphy plays special teams, and I don't think Winfield has ever played special teams. He's always been a starter since he was drafted.

Thanks!
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Why are we going expensive vets, when we could go with someone like Minnifield, who as at least seen the playbook?

Snyder/Cerrato conditioned us to want the 'name' and not the production/logical option.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
Woz wrote:
Why are we going expensive vets, when we could go with someone like Minnifield, who as at least seen the playbook?

Snyder/Cerrato conditioned us to want the 'name' and not the production/logical option.
well, Asomough is just a name at this point, but Winfield played pretty well for the Vikings last year, but at 35 you'd want to keep developing younger players for the future and not sign a 35 year old cb in one of his last years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: