Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Judging Case and the future of our QB position
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Judging Case and the future of our QB position Reply with quote

I know its early and Im not pronouncing Case as our future YET. BUT I will say its time to consider him and see what he can do the rest of the way. I think this team has TONS of holes and if case is not our future we will be a ways from a super bowl win. Just too many holes and not enough picks nor cap space. We REALLY need case to be that guy. This would allow us to have a cheap qb and allow us to draft other needs high in the draft like CB, S, OLB, RT, ILB....the list goes on.

Pros:
He brings intensity to a stagnant offense.

He is mobile enough for the NFL and allows our PA to be deadly.

He is a gun slinger with good weapons.

He is tough and smart with the football.

He is learning quickly.

Cons:
He is a gun slinger.

while I like the fact he doesn't take sacks, he needs to know when its time to fold (to eliminate those fumbles)

He is occasionally inaccurate (though I suspect its because it was his 2nd start and needs time to gel with his guys)

I think as a Texans fan, YOU NEED to be rooting for him to be our future....its too costly to have to find someone else to fill this void
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone here is under the impression he will finish the season as our starting QB.

PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if we draft and build the offense to Keenum's strengths, we'll be looking at a Pro Bowl QB.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think how well OD fits with Keenum, our offense will be deadly when everyone healthy. Which then lets us spend a pick on a RT, then the rest on the D this offseason.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jury is definitely still out on Keenum being the future of the Texans QB, but I like what I see so far. I agree with PA that if the offense were molded more to his talents then this team could go much further. I hope that he starts the rest of the year and survives whatever coaching administration change is coming at the end of the season. I also hope that he gets the 2014 season to prove whether or not he's the long term answer for us. Whatever happens I think we need to hedge our bets with a 2nd round QB pick in the 2014 draft. I like Murray, but could also support McCarron as well though he doesn't really wow me. I think Keenum still has alot to learn and with experience will only get better. At the very least Keenum brings effort, emotion, and intensity to the QB position unlike Schaub who looked like he was just going through the motions.
Cole416

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
I think if we draft and build the offense to Keenum's strengths, we'll be looking at a Pro Bowl QB.

I sometimes agree with your posts but after you had put "Kubiak coached a hell of a game" (After we played the Chiefs); I don't think I have been completely with you. We've seen him in 2 games. A few of his passes looked very wild and he looked like he just THREW it up. I'd wait till the season pans out and then we can see if he is or is not our QB for the future because Mark Sanchez played 2 good games in a row before... Where is he? I am not saying that he is that, but he hasn't been proven to be someone we can trust and build around.

Adopt a Texan:

Jadeveon Clowney:
3 GP
----
0.0 Sacks
5 Tackles
1 TFL
0 INT
1 STF
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keenum has earned the right for the Texans to find out if he is their QB. I don't a great Keenum season will prevent the Texans from drafting a QB in the second or third round anyway. If he does bad, they can draft a QB in the first round. IMO there aren't any elite QB prospects aside from Bridgewater & Manziel.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
I think everyone here is under the impression he will finish the season as our starting QB.

I don't really see how he doesn't. Unless he were to throw 3-4-5 INTs in a single game, it's his job to lose now.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
buckwild

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/08/case-keenum-houston-texans-analysis/

Interesting article on the pro's and con's for Case moving forward.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
texansfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has definitely shown enough that he has earned the rest of the season as a tryout for next year.
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
He has definitely shown enough that he has earned the rest of the season as a tryout for next year.

Yeah.He will remain the starter, and be in competition with whoever we draft/bring in next year.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
pledger_shaggy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus if he ends up being the guy to lead us into the future it opens up the cap room for a huge resinging possibility that was looming - JJ Watt can officially start renegotiating next season

Big ups to Lork 88 on the Sig...AFC South Champion Houston Texans!
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kennum has been night and day different from Schuab, but he has stunk it up in the 2nd half of games. We have changed our offense around and its throwing teams off in the first half and he is putting up some big numbers, but then in the 2nd half we get shut down.

We have scored 6-3-7 in the 2nd half of the last 3 games.

i think QB is going to have to be addressed in the off season. i honestly think the Texans saw the writing on the wall and only put Keenum in to keep the fans happy because of his hometown story. He threw 3 TDs and 0 INTs yet still had a QBR of 27.1. the week before he had a QBR of 96.6, yet still just 3 points in the 2nd half

i know you all hate QBR but its pretty accurate i think.

I think this is what Case is, a guy who will be a career back up who can come in and lead your team with his fearless play for a game or two, but ultimately isnt accurate enough to lead a team to glory as the starting QB
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:

If we can draft a deep threat in the mid rounds to help out Andre and Hopkins, that would be perfect. Keenum is great at finding deep threats open. Not trying to be a homer, but I wouldnt mind bringing in Patrick Edwards (his best WR target at UH) for a try-out. Can't be any worse than KeShawn Martin.

Also, we need to protect him way more. That's obvious to us based on what we have seen in the 3 games he has started. We NEED to give him time in the pocket so he can make his smart decisions.

Quote:
Keenum has earned the right for the Texans to find out if he is their QB. I don't a great Keenum season will prevent the Texans from drafting a QB in the second or third round anyway. If he does bad, they can draft a QB in the first round. IMO there aren't any elite QB prospects aside from Bridgewater & Manziel.

Manziel isnt even going to be a top 3 QB prospect coming out. Assuming him, Mariota, and Hundley comes out, I am easily taking those two over him as a prospect.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans will draft a QB in the first round and have him battle it out with Case in TC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: