Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye Week - DREAM Offseason MOCK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
logibear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Bye Week - DREAM Offseason MOCK Reply with quote

Short and quick. I've been thinking of this all day at work. Curious to know what you guys think.

Resign - Mack and Ward

Free Agency

Jon Asamoah - G - Highly rated G from KC. He moves in between Mack and Schwartz at RG and is an immediate improvement.

Mock Draft

1a) Mike Evans WR (Texas A&M) - slips a bit to middle of first because he doesn't run a 4.5 40, but we grab him here knowing that it's more about how you play with pads on. We do not take an inferior second tier QB b/c the starter-ready QBs are gone and we don't want to get bilked out of all our draft picks by the Giants to move up and get Mariotta.

1b) Eric Ebron TE (UNC) - everyone please cross your fingers and hope the colts lose a few more games. We really should be able to get him at the end of the first. I am staying away from Lyeria and going with a big talent without the character concerns. This gives us added depth at TE and creates another chess-piece to move around the field.

2) Brett Hundley QB (UCLA) - I think Hundley's coming out b/c he has already started for 2 years and he tweeted out calling the NCAA a cartel. However he falls b/c of inconsistency. He's the perfect QB for the browns b/c he doesn't have to start immediately with Hoyer and Campbell mentoring him.

3a) Lamarcus Joyner FS (FSU) - Big time player from Florida State. He's brought in to challenge Gipson at FS.

3b) Melvin Gordon RB (Wisc) - Great short area quickness and burst. Home-run threat and Jamal Charles-type who we nab if he's still there in the third.

4a) Carlos Hyde RB (OSU) - A-la GB last year, we grab two RBs. Guapo will be a great back to pair with Melvin Gordon, Dion Lewis and Obie.
* Note - if we sign Ben Tate in FA then this becomes SEANTREL Henderson OT (Miami)

4b) Josh Huff WR (Oregon) - If we get Evans in the first, I say we go back and get a speedster type WR in the 4th. Trying to imitate the Steeler's success with Antonio Brown and Mike Wallace.

5) Chris Borland - ILB (Wisc) - Double dip from the Wiskies. Borland is a little undersized, but he's worst-case a Special Teams dynamo and hopefully he learns behind DQ and eventually replaces either DQ or Robinson.

6) Keith McGill - CB (Utah) - A big (6'2), raw CB who's given a chance to compete for a spot to be the 4th CB behind Haden, Skrine, and McFadden (Owens is a FA and isn't coming back IMO)

7) Trey Millard FB (Okla) - The prototypical FB before his injury this year, he would probably go undrafted but the Browns scoop him up even though they know he probably won't be able to compete til 2015.

Undrafted FA - Kenny Guiton - hopefully stash him on the practice squad in 2014 then have him replace Campbell in 2015.

New Depth Chart
(* = chance to compete for starting job for Rookies)

Qb - Hoyer/Campbell/Hundley/Guiton
RB - Gordon/Hyde/Lewis/Obie
WR - Gordon/Little
WR2 - Evans/Benjamin
Slot WR - Bess/Huff*
TE - Cameron/Ebron/Barnridge/Grey
LT - Thomas/Faulk/
LG - Greco/Gilkey
C - Mack/Greco
RG - Asamoah/Pinkston
RT - Schwartz/Fragel

DE - Bryant/Hughes/Bryant
NT - Taylor/Kitchen
DE - Rubin/Winn

OLB - Kruger/Mingo
ILB - Robertson/Cardner
ILB - Jackson/Borland* (over Robertson)
OLB - Sheard/Groves

CB - Haden/Skrine/McFadden/McGill
FS - Gipson/Joyner*
SS - Ward/Bademosi

K - Cundiff
P - Lanning
KR - Benjamin
PR - Benjamin

Last edited by logibear on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a dream scenario...

(Location: China? Seriously? Lol)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This gave me a stiffy.

I love that you don't throw a ton of cap money (that we need to use on our own players) on Ben freaking Tate.

I doubt that Hundley comes out if he isn't almost guaranteed to be a top 10 pick.

All other picks are good. I'm not 100% on Ebron yet but i'm coming around.

Gordon and Hyde would be a SICK duo of a backfield. Just awesome

Nice job

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
logibear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="nugpimpen"]

I doubt that Hundley comes out if he isn't almost guaranteed to be a top 10 pick.

[/quote]

Yeah, that's probably the biggest question mark in this one. I think you can substitute him for another second-tier/high upside QB and I'm cool that way too. Like Blake Bortles or even (gasp) Braxton Miller as your attempt to rediscover Russell Wilson.

Oh, and I was teaching in China when I first registered for this. I'm in the Bus now.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite part was the part where you've had 2 posts since 2007 Laughing but seriously good draft. Not a Hundley fan in the least but he's worth the risk in the 2nd, although like nug said I doubt he comes out unless he's basicly guaranteed a top 10 pick. Guiton as an UDFA would give me a stiffy

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

logibear wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Yeah, that's probably the biggest question mark in this one. I think you can substitute him for another second-tier/high upside QB and I'm cool that way too. Like Blake Bortles or even (gasp) Braxton Miller as your attempt to rediscover Russell Wilson.

Oh, and I was teaching in China when I first registered for this. I'm in the Bus now.

Welcome back... No more excuses for not posting now. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the Hundley pick there. I think if he comes out this year that's likely where he'll go and the reasoning is solid that if we can leave him on the bench a couple years behind Hoyer/Campbell that would be in ideal situation for him.

Love the Hyde/Gordon duo. Love not going overboard on FA when we have so many good youngsters who will need to be resigned. Basically like all the draft picks.

Love the idea of finding the next Russel Hustle Bustle Man Muscle Wilson.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report: All signs point to QB Hundley staying
tricklogic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this a lot a 2nd round QB really is the way to go and I like snagging 2 HBs. I am concerned with no OLs because I don't like our chances at Jon Asamoa, but you never know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: