Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Just speakin my mind......
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4627
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Just speakin my mind...... Reply with quote

Thank you for taking the time to read this if you do. But anyway......
The Atlanta media and the homers have handled this team with kid gloves this entire season so far, instead of telling it like it is. This team is built out of marshmallows and its finally showing to those that continue to wear rose colored glasses about the Falcons. There are no feared players on the ENTIRE roster(except for Julio). There are no killers, no enforcers, no brutes on the field. And we're talking about a football team. How can you have an entire team full of players that nobody worries about? Because the Falcons want a bunch of nice guys, and choir boys on the roster. Well when you load up the field with a bunch of soft guys, you have NO HITTING going on. You have NO SERIOUS BLOCKING going on. You have POOR TACKILNG going on. You have a sweet game of 123 punt the ball and run out the clock. I cant wait to see how long before the media and the homers call out the coaching staff. The idea of having an opening for OC, and you hire the OC from the Jacksonville Jaguars, who just finished the season with the worst offense in the league? What could you possibly expect from a decision like that? All of the weapons in the world means nothing if you don't know how to use em. That's where the Falcons get stuck. They don't know how to call plays in the redzone. This team is built to kick fg's and run out the clock. When they get behind, it forces them to operate outside of their comfort zone. The inability to make adjustments to the other team is another BIG weakness. And again.... a product of coaching. The offense based upon the dink and donk pass will only get you from redzone to redzone. Throwing the ball to either sideline to an open receiver is a completion. Its good for 5 yds(not a 1st down), and it makes the stats look good because the number of times you can do it with a high completion percentage is high.(the wr is uncovered). But when you get to the redzone and the field has shrunk, and you have no power running game, then what?? The only thing I don't understand in this sorry mess- Is why you would pay 20 mill to a qb who is weak in the redzone? For 20 mill you could have 6 or 7 good players on the field at different positions. So to have 1 player making that kind of $, he has to be EXCEPTIONAL!! Not just good, but EXCEPTIONAL. A qb that cant throw on the run or outside the pocket, cant avoid a sack, cant run the ball, or run for a TD(when needed), and cant throw the ball down the field with consistency or strength IS NOT exceptional(I like Matt. Just sayin). Anyone can master the dink and donk. - Why would you pay a guy superstar $ to run that? Or stock up on deep threat recievers when you never use them as deep threat targets? Makes no sense. But that's what you get from a Mike Smith led team. No disharmony, no emotion, no fire. Just a stoic run the clock out team that wants to win by a fg. Well, the entire league knows whats in your playbook, and they cant wait to play ya.... Sorry for the rant..... but I just watched another Mike Smith/Matt Ryan post game conference. smmfgdh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swoosh


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 9746
Location: europe
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs more enter/return button.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5916
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is honestly just horrible and is backed up by not factual evidence. most of it has little or no logic. Since you made the assertion, how does Ryan compare to other QBs in the redzone the last three years? Thats time frame is generally accepted as the most indicative of relevantr past performance and indicative of future play. Lets see some actual evidence to back this up. Also would like to see some evidence backing up the dink and dunk assertion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5916
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUst because i knew terrell wouldnt do it, i did the math myself. I took the top 7 QBS in the league (Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees, Romo, Roethlisberger, and Ryan), at least IMO, and looked at TD% and INT% in the redzone. Shockingly, or you know... not, i found what im sure most would expect. The elite QBs, (brees, manning, brady, rodgers) are all a step ahead of Romo, Roethlisberger and Ryan. However Ryan is right there with the other two.

Looked at a per years basis over the last three, if anyone knows how to get an excel document on here ill gladly post it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4003
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of that made any sense whatsoever. But it was quite entertaining.
_________________


Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4627
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
None of that made any sense whatsoever. But it was quite entertaining.
Youre probably right. I was pissed. Smile Tired of hearing Mike Smith say the same shizz every freakin week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4003
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
None of that made any sense whatsoever. But it was quite entertaining.
Youre probably right. I was pissed. Smile Tired of hearing Mike Smith say the same shizz every freakin week.


I mean, what's he going to say? He's a public figure, he can't say anything too offensive. Just seeing how he looks on the sideline, I have to imagine he isn't happy.
_________________


Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5916
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
None of that made any sense whatsoever. But it was quite entertaining.
Youre probably right. I was pissed. Smile Tired of hearing Mike Smith say the same shizz every freakin week.


In all seriousness, what would you like him to say to the media? This team sucks? I cont give two - what he says publicly, its far more important whats said on the practice field and meeting rooms.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4627
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
JUst because i knew terrell wouldnt do it, i did the math myself. I took the top 7 QBS in the league (Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees, Romo, Roethlisberger, and Ryan), at least IMO, and looked at TD% and INT% in the redzone. Shockingly, or you know... not, i found what im sure most would expect. The elite QBs, (brees, manning, brady, rodgers) are all a step ahead of Romo, Roethlisberger and Ryan. However Ryan is right there with the other two.

Looked at a per years basis over the last three, if anyone knows how to get an excel document on here ill gladly post it.
Youd take Matt Ryan over Andrew Luck? No GM in the league would do that... Well maybe except Dimitroff, and I doubt he even would. I could name a few others Id take over Ryan. And I like Ryan.... Hes top 10-15 imo. Numbers LIE when it comes to qb's. Btw, I wasnt talking about TD to INT ratio. I was talking about TD to FG in the redzone ratio.... Wink

Last edited by terrell123 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4627
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
None of that made any sense whatsoever. But it was quite entertaining.
Youre probably right. I was pissed. Smile Tired of hearing Mike Smith say the same shizz every freakin week.


In all seriousness, what would you like him to say to the media? This team sucks? I cont give two - what he says publicly, its far more important whats said on the practice field and meeting rooms.
I don't really care. Just sick of hearing it. He could at least switch it up a lil bit. Same ole same ole..... Smile Hell, say something that might light a fire under their azzez. I hope that's what he doing at practice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4627
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
None of that made any sense whatsoever. But it was quite entertaining.
Youre probably right. I was pissed. Smile Tired of hearing Mike Smith say the same shizz every freakin week.


I mean, what's he going to say? He's a public figure, he can't say anything too offensive. Just seeing how he looks on the sideline, I have to imagine he isn't happy.
How about "we played like little girls out there today"...Is that too offensive? Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5916
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
JUst because i knew terrell wouldnt do it, i did the math myself. I took the top 7 QBS in the league (Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees, Romo, Roethlisberger, and Ryan), at least IMO, and looked at TD% and INT% in the redzone. Shockingly, or you know... not, i found what im sure most would expect. The elite QBs, (brees, manning, brady, rodgers) are all a step ahead of Romo, Roethlisberger and Ryan. However Ryan is right there with the other two.

Looked at a per years basis over the last three, if anyone knows how to get an excel document on here ill gladly post it.
Youd take Matt Ryan over Andrew Luck? No GM in the league would do that... Well maybe except Dimitroff, and I doubt he even would. I could name a few others Id take over Ryan. And I like Ryan.... Hes top 10-15 imo. Numbers LIE when it comes to qb's. Btw, I wasnt talking about TD to INT ratio. I was talking about TD to FG in the redzone ratio.... Wink


lol at ryan being top 10-15. even in a down year he is still clearly top 10. And why are you looking at a broader stat when you can look at something more specific. Its like trying determine how good Adrian Peterson is but how many total yards the offense gains. And no, stats do not lie. Thats a cop out for people who want to avoid the truth> They can be manipulated, but they do not lie. Especially over a longer period of time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4627
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
JUst because i knew terrell wouldnt do it, i did the math myself. I took the top 7 QBS in the league (Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees, Romo, Roethlisberger, and Ryan), at least IMO, and looked at TD% and INT% in the redzone. Shockingly, or you know... not, i found what im sure most would expect. The elite QBs, (brees, manning, brady, rodgers) are all a step ahead of Romo, Roethlisberger and Ryan. However Ryan is right there with the other two.

Looked at a per years basis over the last three, if anyone knows how to get an excel document on here ill gladly post it.
Youd take Matt Ryan over Andrew Luck? No GM in the league would do that... Well maybe except Dimitroff, and I doubt he even would. I could name a few others Id take over Ryan. And I like Ryan.... Hes top 10-15 imo. Numbers LIE when it comes to qb's. Btw, I wasnt talking about TD to INT ratio. I was talking about TD to FG in the redzone ratio.... Wink


lol at ryan being top 10-15. even in a down year he is still clearly top 10. And why are you looking at a broader stat when you can look at something more specific. Its like trying determine how good Adrian Peterson is but how many total yards the offense gains. And no, stats do not lie. Thats a cop out for people who want to avoid the truth> They can be manipulated, but they do not lie. Especially over a longer period of time.
Last time I checked, top 10-15 has the number 10 in it. Hell, why you mad? Top 10-15 in the NFL is good. Not EXCEPTIONAL. But good. It doesn't really matter. Its Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, Brees(the "elites") and the rest anyway.... Ryan is in the middle of the pack of the good qb's somewhere. Right below Big Ben. Just ahead of Flacco(but Flacco is a beast in the post season). Wherever that falls. Then theres the sorry qb's. (Ponder, Freeman etc............. .............)

Last edited by terrell123 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5916
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
JUst because i knew terrell wouldnt do it, i did the math myself. I took the top 7 QBS in the league (Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees, Romo, Roethlisberger, and Ryan), at least IMO, and looked at TD% and INT% in the redzone. Shockingly, or you know... not, i found what im sure most would expect. The elite QBs, (brees, manning, brady, rodgers) are all a step ahead of Romo, Roethlisberger and Ryan. However Ryan is right there with the other two.

Looked at a per years basis over the last three, if anyone knows how to get an excel document on here ill gladly post it.
Youd take Matt Ryan over Andrew Luck? No GM in the league would do that... Well maybe except Dimitroff, and I doubt he even would. I could name a few others Id take over Ryan. And I like Ryan.... Hes top 10-15 imo. Numbers LIE when it comes to qb's. Btw, I wasnt talking about TD to INT ratio. I was talking about TD to FG in the redzone ratio.... Wink


lol at ryan being top 10-15. even in a down year he is still clearly top 10. And why are you looking at a broader stat when you can look at something more specific. Its like trying determine how good Adrian Peterson is but how many total yards the offense gains. And no, stats do not lie. Thats a cop out for people who want to avoid the truth> They can be manipulated, but they do not lie. Especially over a longer period of time.
Last time I checked, top 10-15 has the number 10 in it. Hell, why you mad? Top 10-15 in the NFL is good. Not EXCEPTIONAL. But good.


DO you mean besides the obvious? Anway, I still think Ryan is top 7, maybe 8 with RIvers regaining form. To answer your previous question, if i was starting a franchise, Id take luck. Hes about 5 years younger and 15 million cheaper/year. However Ryan is better and its not close.

You ignored everything else, why?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4627
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
JUst because i knew terrell wouldnt do it, i did the math myself. I took the top 7 QBS in the league (Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees, Romo, Roethlisberger, and Ryan), at least IMO, and looked at TD% and INT% in the redzone. Shockingly, or you know... not, i found what im sure most would expect. The elite QBs, (brees, manning, brady, rodgers) are all a step ahead of Romo, Roethlisberger and Ryan. However Ryan is right there with the other two.

Looked at a per years basis over the last three, if anyone knows how to get an excel document on here ill gladly post it.
Youd take Matt Ryan over Andrew Luck? No GM in the league would do that... Well maybe except Dimitroff, and I doubt he even would. I could name a few others Id take over Ryan. And I like Ryan.... Hes top 10-15 imo. Numbers LIE when it comes to qb's. Btw, I wasnt talking about TD to INT ratio. I was talking about TD to FG in the redzone ratio.... Wink


lol at ryan being top 10-15. even in a down year he is still clearly top 10. And why are you looking at a broader stat when you can look at something more specific. Its like trying determine how good Adrian Peterson is but how many total yards the offense gains. And no, stats do not lie. Thats a cop out for people who want to avoid the truth> They can be manipulated, but they do not lie. Especially over a longer period of time.
Last time I checked, top 10-15 has the number 10 in it. Hell, why you mad? Top 10-15 in the NFL is good. Not EXCEPTIONAL. But good.


DO you mean besides the obvious? Anway, I still think Ryan is top 7, maybe 8 with RIvers regaining form. To answer your previous question, if i was starting a franchise, Id take luck. Hes about 5 years younger and 15 million cheaper/year. However Ryan is better and its not close.

You ignored everything else, why?
Because I wasn't talking about TD to INT ratio. I was talking about TD to FG in the redzone ratio(if there is one) It s easy to have a good TD to INT ratio in the redzone when all you usually do is throw the ball away and settle for the FG. That stat means squat... . If you cant see that we cant score TD's in the redzone then ...............
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group