Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our record and schedule and NFC east record and schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
TheStarStillShines wrote:
Remember when the NFC East was the best division in football? It's hard to fathom that a team could win the division with a .500 or worse record.

It's really tough to predict how any of the teams could fair. The Boys, Eagles, and Redskins have been really inconsistent this year. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if any of these 3 teams made a big run in the second half.

That's parity after the implementation of the salary cap. Really who is all that great of a team. Baltimore certainly wasn't a great team last year. The NFL wanted this, so teams like KC, Tampa, and others can go from worse to first or at least playoff level quick, and keep fan interest. It's one of the reasons, I felt we need to spend most our assets on the offense, and dline. Didn't really want us to sign a big ticket CB or draft a top CB. Defense doesn't win championships anymore, because the rules are too slanted in the offense' favor.

What the salary cap has caused is a rapid erosion in the quality of play. The league has become watered down because teams don't have the time or resources to maintain their rosters anymore.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
JWingate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
JWingate wrote:
I think we have a very good shot at going 11 - 5 this year especially with Rodgers being injured with a possible broken collarbone.

He's only expected to miss 3 weeks as of right now. So while the rest of the NFC East gets to play against Seneca Wallace, Rodgers will be back in time to play Dallas smh that's huge

He is scheduled to miss 3-6 weeks. If he missed the extended time he will miss our game. Collarbones are tricky, last 2 Quarterbacks who have had the injury missed the entire season..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best part is the Eagles and Giants play the Packers without Rodgers, and of course, he'll be back against the Cowboys.
Fat_tonle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
What the salary cap has caused is a rapid erosion in the quality of play. The league has become watered down because teams don't have the time or resources to maintain their rosters anymore.

I think it is better. You don't want too many Jacksonville type clubs in the league, even if you had a few more consistently elite teams. You want as many games late in the year to have meaning. That shouldn't mean more playoff spots or whatever, because you don't want to reward mediocrity. But if you have more teams closer together, it garners further uncertainty and excitement. You need a hard cap in the league to avoid consistent Jacksonvilles, even though you have those already because of bad front offices.
Fat_tonle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superfluous wrote:
The best part is the Eagles and Giants play the Packers without Rodgers, and of course, he'll be back against the Cowboys.

Get over it bro. We got the Giants in their turnoverfest 6 game slump. Skins also get the 49ers and Giants get the Seahawks, while we got the Rams at home.

Eagles really catch the break schedule wise, because they get GB now, and their NFC South opponent was in TB. The schedule broke right for them, clearly. Obviously looking at it now, it broke worse for the Cowboys, but the Skins already faced a near full strength Packer team in week 2.

That Cowboy/Packer game could be a playoff game for the Packers or even the Cowboys. But as long as we win @ NYG and @ Wash, and Raiders, we win all the tie breakers at 8-8.
hitstreak07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Redskins unfortunately, seem as though they are heating up.....I definitely see them winning more than the 1 game against the Vikes.....I think the beat the Giants at least once, I think they beat the Falcons, and I think they beat our Boys at home......I also don't see us losing the last game of the season at home against the Eagles
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat_tonle wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

I think it is better. You don't want too many Jacksonville type clubs in the league, even if you had a few more consistently elite teams. You want as many games late in the year to have meaning. That shouldn't mean more playoff spots or whatever, because you don't want to reward mediocrity. But if you have more teams closer together, it garners further uncertainty and excitement. You need a hard cap in the league to avoid consistent Jacksonvilles, even though you have those already because of bad front offices.

You didn't have that in the pre-salary cap days. You had bottom feeders, sure, but not like this. And you're either too young to have seen good football or have forgotten what it looks like because of the horrible play of today. The salary cap has really ruined the depth and talent of today's league, If you put the 90s Cowboys team in the NFL today, we'd go undefeated and blow out our opponents. Not just because we had better players from top to bottom, but because of the depth.

Northland wrote:

Last edited by plan9misfit on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think

Hmm. We beat the Vikings. The "HOT" Redskins lost to the Vikings. And yet the world keeps spinning.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitstreak07 wrote:
The Redskins unfortunately, seem as though they are heating up.....I definitely see them winning more than the 1 game against the Vikes.....I think the beat the Giants at least once, I think they beat the Falcons, and I think they beat our Boys at home......I also don't see us losing the last game of the season at home against the Eagles

Thankfully, the Skins lost tonight.

Northland wrote:
cowboys_50

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for first take tomorrow and see what they have to say about these "hot" redskins Laughing
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboys_50 wrote:
Can't wait for first take tomorrow and see what they have to say about these "hot" redskins Laughing

They should be saying the same thing about a number of the QBs in this league: defenses have adapted to the gimmick and have figured it out. That's why Kaepernick is struggling, why Newton struggled, why RGIII is struggling. Teams need to stop thinking that this gimmick zone read option offense can work in the NFL for a sustained period of time. It can't. And if those QBs don't adjust not only their games but learn to read coverages, they'll have very short careers.

Northland wrote:
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGIII didn't exactly have a bad game last night...

^^^Deadpulse
Northland

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I look at the number of hits RGIII takes I am reminded of something Boomer Esiason said. He remarked that generally speaking their is a reason why you don't see a lot of older running QBs. They get hit way too much and it shortens their careers.
hitstreak07

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
hitstreak07 wrote:

Thankfully, the Skins lost tonight.

Yea I know I look like an idiot, but I did post that when they went up 13 at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.....I will say this, I think too many people are counting them out because of this loss.......They have been playing better, and RGIII is looking better each week......People are too quick to forget, a loss against the Saints Sunday night, and its still only a 1 game lead on the Skins, and the Boys still have to go to D.C.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
RGIII didn't exactly have a bad game last night...

He struggled some, and he's taking a crap ton of hits because that kind of offense leaves the QB completely exposed.

Northland wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: