Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IF the draft was today, position you would draft round 1?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

IF the draft were today, position you would draft round 1?
OT
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
OLB
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
DE
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
DT
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
OG
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
RB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
WR
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
TE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
S
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
MLB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

swoosh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
You're like my marketing teacher who just rambles. I have no idea what you are even trying to prove at this point. I was simply showing you that Barr is nothing like Jamaal Anderson. You are somehow trying to turn the fact that Barr has switched positions into a con, which it is not. Claiming he has had just one good season (by comparing him to Anderson) and stating that his sample size is small is misguided. He has been one of the most consistent players in all of college football since the start of last year. Not every player is a four-year starter; a two-year sample size is not really small. If he had just one good year like Anderson, then yeah, there is some concern.

I don't know what you not listening to your marketing teacher has to do with football and from your post it seems like you are in high school? That explains a lot. Anyway your opinion is your opinion. I don't agree with it at all. I think that Barr's sample size and position change poses a question mark to his translation to the NFL. You like Barr. Great. Nothing I say will dissuade you from that. That's good as well. We will have to agree to disagree. When you get older you will learn that has to happen sometimes.
Lol, the (not so) subtle jabs are cute.

I'm a junior in college, since you're so curious.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
You're like my marketing teacher who just rambles. I have no idea what you are even trying to prove at this point. I was simply showing you that Barr is nothing like Jamaal Anderson. You are somehow trying to turn the fact that Barr has switched positions into a con, which it is not. Claiming he has had just one good season (by comparing him to Anderson) and stating that his sample size is small is misguided. He has been one of the most consistent players in all of college football since the start of last year. Not every player is a four-year starter; a two-year sample size is not really small. If he had just one good year like Anderson, then yeah, there is some concern.

I don't know what you not listening to your marketing teacher has to do with football and from your post it seems like you are in high school? That explains a lot. Anyway your opinion is your opinion. I don't agree with it at all. I think that Barr's sample size and position change poses a question mark to his translation to the NFL. You like Barr. Great. Nothing I say will dissuade you from that. That's good as well. We will have to agree to disagree. When you get older you will learn that has to happen sometimes.

You would have been better off admitting you were in high school. Now it's truly just sad lol

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Lentz33

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

Hey, me too. Very Happy

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
swoosh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

You would have been better off admitting you were in high school. Now it's truly just sad lol
The irony is through the roof.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta go Oline(meanest and nastiest in the draft) if the plan is to win next year. We need ALOT more on defense than on offense(DE's,DT's,LB's,FS, etc......) and that'll take some time.. Hell, we can just try to outscore everyone for the time being. Smile Matts really good when he has time. But weve seen what happens when he doesn't trust his oline. (And I cant really blame him to be honest. A drop back pocket passer HAS to trust his Oline to be successful. And TD knew this when he drafted him, but still put together this train wreck up front) We can try to fix the defense in FA and in the 2014 draft(and hopefully stay healthier next year). But the oline is the biggest priority imo. Gotta be able to score points in this league. And if you cant block, youre in trouble. Still cant believe they went into the season thinking this Oline could take us to the SB(pre-injuries). Weak azz Konz, sorry Garrett Reynolds, and an unproven Mike Johnson as starting Olineman on a SB contender? Wow! And were they really counting on Baker staying healthy? I blame TD waaaaay more than Smith for this btw..... But that's Smith's defense out there though. And has been for 6 years.........But again, TD handpicked the ingredients.
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this poll and have given it a few days to run it's course, so now I'll weigh in. Unfortunately, it looks like we are in top 10 pick for the 2014 draft.

My observations and predictions with the draft of 2014:

1) With only one QB drafted in last year's round 1, 3-4 QB's will be drafted in round one..... hence, more of a QB heavy draft

2) Very deep O-line class (at least compared to the last couple)

3) The thought of waiting around and 'hitting' on a TE in the later rounds has become a myth... teams are evolving to a tandem TE set due to the diversity of formations

Hopefully most agree with those statements....

I want ATL to focus their draft on impact defensive players (pass rushers or cover / complete linebackers) round 1. Draft an offensive lineman round 2 then follow that up with best player / need available.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: