Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Flynn released by Bills do we take a chance.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Matt Flynn released by Bills do we take a chance. Reply with quote

Hey guys MattFlynn QB was released from the Bills. I see Flynn as a big improvement than the qbs we have right now. Do you think we cut one of our players and give him vet minimmum. I see Fynn as a lot better than Clemmens. I want to get a QB this season that can throw good so we can develop these recivers like Austin and such to get them ready for next season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Flynn released by Bills do we take a chance. Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:
Hey guys MattFlynn QB was released from the Bills. I see Flynn as a big improvement than the qbs we have right now. Do you think we cut one of our players and give him vet minimmum. I see Fynn as a lot better than Clemmens. I want to get a QB this season that can throw good so we can develop these recivers like Austin and such to get them ready for next season.

Watched his start for the Raiders this year and I'd say based off that game he looks worse than Clemens.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Flynn released by Bills do we take a chance. Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

Watched his start for the Raiders this year and I'd say based off that game he looks worse than Clemens.

Yeah he was awful that game. While I think he has more ability than what he showed in that game, he is probably best for a spread vertical passing game.
RamRod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I knew when I saw he got released someone would say something here.

No. Clemens is our QB the rest of the year. He knows the offense. He's already two games in. Why sign someone else and throw them in? Clemens was the plan all along. Put it to rest. Plus, Flynn isn't even good. Why do you think he's bounced from team to team here recently.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How in the world could you justify a move from Clemens right now? Not only is he the most familiar with our offense, but the guy has played pretty well really.

If he could throw intermediate to short passes with any type of accuracy or zip, he'd be a decent starting QB. Alas....

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
How in the world could you justify a move from Clemens right now? Not only is he the most familiar with our offense, but the guy has played pretty well really.

If he could throw intermediate to short passes with any type of accuracy or zip, he'd be a decent starting QB. Alas....

That sounds like a pretty big problem. Laughing Wink

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

And it is. Also had some fairly big drops to boot.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
jjab360

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:

Who said signing Flynn means letting Clemens go? If anything, it'd be Quinn getting the boot.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this were to happen( which I can't see) quin would without a doubt be the odd man out. Davis and clemens know the offense.

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

You know, I meant intermediate to long passes, not short.

At any length, it is. I do think he deserves credit for being prepared and knowing his limitations. What most people on here don't realize, is that Kellen Clemens is calling run plays pre-snap. Our increased success in running the ball is due to a few things;

1)The emergence of Stacy

2)Clemen's pre-snap decision making

3)Roger Saffold being replaced by Joe Barksdale

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

At any length, it is. I do think he deserves credit for being prepared and knowing his limitations. What most people on here don't realize, is that Kellen Clemens is calling run plays pre-snap. Our increased success in running the ball is due to a few things;

1)The emergence of Stacy

Yea, I don't know about that one.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

1)The emergence of Stacy

Yea, I don't know about that one.
Ill just say it, that one isnt a thing, Clemens isnt making much of a difference in the Running game. The two differences are that they found something in Stacy as he Runs hard, and the O-line finally gives a crap because they are getting to Run block twice as much as before.

Kellen Clemens is one of the worst backup QBs in the league, you have to be able to see that with these throws, some of them arent even in the same zip code as the intended target. He is most teams 3rd QB, the hat guy, not the guy you would count on if your guy goes down.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by StLunatic88 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:

You need to re-evaluate this. Barksdale hasn't been the primary RT since the 1st half of the Carolina game. In that game Barksdale took 31 snaps. Saffold took 30, with most coming in the 2nd hald.

Saffold has been the predominate snap taker at RT for both Seattle and Tennessee games...

Saffold has been excellent since his return...

IDOG_det on the sig...
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Flynn released by Bills do we take a chance. Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

Yeah he was awful that game. While I think he has more ability than what he showed in that game, he is probably best for a spread vertical passing game.
What? Flynn is allergic to the word vertical.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: