Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking ahead - FA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Looking ahead - FA Reply with quote

Just saw this and thought I'd share...

Per Rotoworld.

Contracts expiring in '14: Butler, Cousins, Cundiff, Lauvao, Mack, McGahee, Owens, Robertson, Shaw, Ward, Whittaker,

Contracts expiring in '15: Bademosi, Cameron, Campbell, Gipson, Groves, Haden, Hoyer, kitchen, Lewis, Little, Ogbonnaya, Pinkston, Rubin, Sheard, Skrine, Tailor, Tyms,

(I'm sure I missed a few too)

Ouch...

Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking ahead - FA Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Just saw this and thought I'd share...

Per Rotoworld.

Contracts expiring in '14: Butler, Cousins, Cundiff, Lauvao, Mack, McGahee, Owens, Robertson, Shaw, Ward, Whittaker,

Contracts expiring in '15: Bademosi, Cameron, Campbell, Gipson, Groves, Haden, Hoyer, kitchen, Lewis, Little, Ogbonnaya, Pinkston, Rubin, Sheard, Skrine, Tyms,

(I'm sure I missed a few too)

Ouch...

You have to resign Mack and Ward for sure from this 2014 class and 2015 you have to sign Cameron, Gipson, Gaden, Possibly Little (if he plays more like he did yesterday), Rubin, Sheard, and Skrine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see sheard getting traded. We're not gonna pay another OLB when we just drafted one and signed another one to big money. He could be traded in the offseason. Same with rubin. As much as I love them they could cost too much and we do have the luxury of depth behind them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First priority has to be keeping our players that perform, and getting extensions done so 15 isn't a complete mess.

Signing outside players is going to down the list of priorities I think...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO were gonna look back at this year and regret that we didnt sign some of these players right now while we have the cap. We could front load a few of these contracts and not have to worry about them for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I truly hope we take advantage of our cap space. It should be wide open this offseason. We need to make all the necessary resignings/additions. This is the offseason that we prepare make a REAL playoff push. I think the front office has the right mindset and sense of urgency that we need to make that push. I trust in Banner, Chud, and the staff.

-Jimi Hendrix
cattleman78

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Phil Taylor is a free agent after next year also.

I've been preaching how 30 million or so cap space will get ate up pretty quickly in the next couple years. Banner and company have some big decisions coming up. Some we won't like.

I just don't see any real big free agency signings.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:

I've been preaching how 30 million or so cap space will get ate up pretty quickly in the next couple years. Banner and company have some big decisions coming up. Some we won't like.

Won't shock me if Rubin and DQ either get restructured or traded.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:

Yes he is, thank you,

The only FAs I see coming in would be to replace guys going out the door...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to spotrac.com, Rubin and Taylor are signed through 2014 :

Ahtyba Rubin $8,175,000 in 2014
Phil Taylor $2,575,125 in 2014

As a Chiefs fan, I really like Rubin alot. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Rubin play both 3-4 DE and 3-4 NT? He seemed to be a player that was not only a solid run defender but also very good at pushing the pocket on passing plays and keep the quarterback from stepping up while also getting sacks himself.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:

Won't shock me if Rubin and DQ either get restructured or traded.

Can't trade away productive, talented players and expect to develop as a team.

Rubin would, I hope, take and extension as his contract is expiring soon, and in doing so would lower his cap hit. Jackson has to restructure. I don't see a way around it. The Browns are not going to be in a position to pay him 7 mil per year. Plus pay everyone else.

What would be extremely nice to happen is for the team to get a real taste for success this year, have the players buy in to the direction the team is headed, and then choose to stay a Brown instead of chasing a paycheck...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:

As a Chiefs fan, I really like Rubin alot. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Rubin play both 3-4 DE and 3-4 NT? He seemed to be a player that was not only a solid run defender but also very good at pushing the pocket on passing plays and keep the quarterback from stepping up while also getting sacks himself.

Correct.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:

Yeah Rubin can play both positions. With us having Kitchen,Hughes,Winn and Bryant, Rubin may be to expensive to keep. However I don't think Rubin gets 8 million in free agency. Taylor needs to be kept. He will get a nice raise.

bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking ahead - FA Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Contracts expiring in '14: Butler, Cousins, Cundiff, Lauvao, Mack, McGahee, Owens, Robertson, Shaw, Ward, Whittaker

These contracts free up $12M in cap space.

according to Spotrac, the Browns have $26.9M in cap space right now.Mack already makes about $5M right now. The only one thats going to effect this is Ward.

Quote:
Contracts expiring in '15: Bademosi, Cameron, Campbell, Gipson, Groves, Haden, Hoyer, kitchen, Lewis, Little, Ogbonnaya, Pinkston, Rubin, Sheard, Skrine, Tyms,

Haden already makes $9M+ right now. Rubin hit for next year is $8.1M.

Cameron and Sheard will probably hurt this the most.

Skrine won't command a bunch of money b/c he's a slot corner. Boundry CB's make the real cash. Gipson, Pinkston, Little, lewis, Oby, and Bademosi could be resigned, but none are big contract guys.

I honestly don't see much of an issue. Most of the guys we have to resign already make big money (Mack, Haden, Rubin) so that only leaves the likes of Ward, Sheard and Cameron to resign to bigger contracts. With $27M in cap right now, that shouldn't be that hard.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking ahead - FA Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Contracts expiring in '14: Butler, Cousins, Cundiff, Lauvao, Mack, McGahee, Owens, Robertson, Shaw, Ward, Whittaker

These contracts free up $12M in cap space.

according to Spotrac, the Browns have $26.9M in cap space right now.Mack already makes about $5M right now. The only one thats going to effect this is Ward.

Quote:

Haden already makes $9M+ right now. Rubin hit for next year is $8.1M.

Cameron and Sheard will probably hurt this the most.

Skrine won't command a bunch of money b/c he's a slot corner. Boundry CB's make the real cash. Gipson, Pinkston, Little, lewis, Oby, and Bademosi could be resigned, but none are big contract guys.

I honestly don't see much of an issue. Most of the guys we have to resign already make big money (Mack, Haden, Rubin) so that only leaves the likes of Ward, Sheard and Cameron to resign to bigger contracts. With $27M in cap right now, that shouldn't be that hard.

I think you forgot Phil Taylor whose contract expires in 2015 according to Spotrac.

Skrine and Gipson will both most likely be in the 3 yrs. 7-9 million range.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: