Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10: Denver Broncos @ SD Chargers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BullsandBroncos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our only non-soft receivers are Welker, Thomas, and if you count him, Moreno.

Danny Trevathan has been ranked by many scouting sites as the 2nd best run defending 4-3 OLB in the game behind Von Miller. Laughing

But yes, Peyton couldn't hit the broadside of a barn over 15 yards.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see where y'all are coming from. I think a lot of the weak plays on the ball from DT this year have had a lot to do with poor throws just from off the top of my head though.

Brandon Marshall is a better receiver than DT, but definitely not more explosive. I feel like DT fits with PM very well and wouldn't fit as well with Cutler....and vice versa.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
I see where y'all are coming from. I think a lot of the weak plays on the ball from DT this year have had a lot to do with poor throws just from off the top of my head though.

Brandon Marshall is a better receiver than DT, but definitely not more explosive. I feel like DT fits with PM very well and wouldn't fit as well with Cutler....and vice versa.

I think it would be the opposite because Cutler has a rocket arm while Peyton's arm strength is lacking.

I wouldn't blame Peyton for DT's interceptions. If you look at the Redskins games, Peyton threw pretty good passes to DT but they ended up in picks because DT was soft and didn't really fight for the ball. It is why Deangelo Hall ended up taking it away from him two times. DT is physical as a runner but not as a route runner.

Also champ, I hope you are not turning against me like all these other Broncos fans in this thread are.

I am sorry while I love this team, I can still acknowledge its flaws and understand there is serious room for improvement. Yes, the Broncos won, but we can get better and win in more reliable ways. Were you guys happy with the win over the Jaguars? I doubt it. It was sloppy, unreliable, and we would have lost to any other team playing like that.

My only complaint about this game was Decker and DT and their lack of physicality. I dislike Ball getting more touches than Anderson but Ball was decent with his touches today. I just want to see Anderson some more.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:

I think it would be the opposite because Cutler has a rocket arm while Peyton's arm strength is lacking.

I wouldn't blame Peyton for DT's interceptions. If you look at the Redskins games, Peyton threw pretty good passes to DT but they ended up in picks because DT was soft and didn't really fight for the ball. It is why Deangelo Hall ended up taking it away from him two times. DT is physical as a runner but not as a route runner.

Also champ, I hope you are not turning against me like all these other Broncos fans in this thread are.

I am sorry while I love this team, I can still acknowledge its flaws and understand there is serious room for improvement. Yes, the Broncos won, but we can get better and win in more reliable ways. Were you guys happy with the win over the Jaguars? I doubt it. It was sloppy, unreliable, and we would have lost to any other team playing like that.

My only complaint about this game was Decker and DT and their lack of physicality. I dislike Ball getting more touches than Anderson but Ball was decent with his touches today. I just want to see Anderson some more.

I was looking at it from a standpoint that Jay's game is all about gunning balls across the middle and into traffic...not DT's strongpoint, while it is Brandon's. Peyton and this offense puts DT in positions where he has some space and he is unreal when given room to run as we saw today.

As for that Hall pick, definitely not a bright moment for DT....but also was a pretty incredible play by Hall. Not excusing him....but that isn't an interception 95% of the time.

And I feel you man. I see where you are coming from and appreciate the insight. I don't really agree on the Anderson stuff just based on a lack of sample size, but I think he is very intriguing.

On a side note, this game isn't close if Peyton realizes he shouldn't take a sack inside the ten during a throwing motion. Obviously Clark got beat, but PM has to be better than that imo.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with chosen about the wr's inability to beat man

It's frustrating to watch but the label soft always get folks riled up

While I'm not cause at time they can look soft(Decker especially)

I can see why y'all debating it....we'll see when Chiefs secondary come to town and get physical and how they handle it
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Another win: Good!
2. Possibly at the cost of Manning's knee? Scheiße! Sad
3. How lucky would be the Chiefs if Osweiler had to start? Shocked
4. Knowshon and Montee running well: Nice!
5. Okay, I was wrong. Rivers eluded the pressure well yesterday.
6. McCoy's playcalling as modest as ever. Good thing he's gone.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Chosen to an extent. Demaryius has a nice stiff arm because of his size, not his mentality. How many times has he trucked a DB? I think soft is a tad harsh, but he isn't anywhere near as physically emposing as he should be.

Am I the only one who thought that Manning sack fumble was on Manning? I thought Clark had his man run outside and that Peyton needed to step up into the pocket. Instead Manning started to leave the pocket and just didn't feel the pass rusher at all.

A win is a win, but I just can't make my mind up about this team. Some times I think our Run Defense is great, but since Von came back I am starting to worry about it (we miss Duke too). Sometimes I think that our Running game is going to get going and then at the end of games we have to resort to passing with our QB getting hit as a result.

Next week is going to be a battle, big time. Looking forward to it.

MUFC OK
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it comes down to this. We played a game against a fairly good divisional opponent on the road, and did more than enough to win, including the defense looking better than it has before.

The inconsistency in the running game, as well as the OL concern me some, but I think we can figure some of that out.

We need Duke back though. Our run defense was hurt without him.

Thanks, Tzimisce
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that next week's 9-0 @ 8-1 battle is an average team against a plain bad team?
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Broncos67 who thinks DT beat press on one his TDs....

1st TD = DB plays him 5 yards deep, runs an out and scores.
2nd TD = DB plays him 5 yards deep again, runs a out and in to score.
3rd TD = DB plays him 7-10 yards deep, gets a screen pass to score.

Press defense is literally being right up his face, like 1-2 yards max and every time SD did that yesterday, DT didn't do anything.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
For Broncos67 who thinks DT beat press on one his TDs....

1st TD = DB plays him 5 yards deep, runs an out and scores.
2nd TD = DB plays him 5 yards deep again, runs a out and in to score.
3rd TD = DB plays him 7-10 yards deep, gets a screen pass to score.

Press defense is literally being right up his face, like 1-2 yards max and every time SD did that yesterday, DT didn't do anything.

On his final two catches, which both went for big first downs on the final drive, DT beat press man. One was a push-off screen for 12 yards and the second was a comeback route for 9 yards (the play where Peyton went down). On both plays the corner played up on the LOS and engaged with DT after the snap to jam him.

While I do agree with you that the Decker and DT have not played as physical as I'd like to see, it doesn't take away the players' ability to beat press man coverage. Saying DT never beat press man isn't true. He has struggled with it (DeAngelo Hall gave him a good battle) but he hasn't been shutdown this season. It's certainly a valid criticism, but he has beaten press man numerous time this season so to refute his ability is incorrect.

Something I did notice while watching DT's plays is that when a team uses man coverage on him, Gase will start calling plays where DT drags over the middle/runs short in routes or screens (a screen where he motioned out of the backfield this week and a swing pass out of the backfield two weeks ago). Gase wants to use DT's athleticism to free him up at the LOS and then he can open up deeper plays. Something to looks for this week versus KC.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
Quote:
Im done arguing this. Your argument makes no sense and has zero credibility.

You are done because you haven nothing to backup your claims.

Because I dont know how to make .gif's, I had to turn to youtube highlights. Either way, I proved you wrong AGAIN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw6Q6l2iR1k

1. 1:46
2. 2:08
3. 3:08
4. 3:24 on Revis
5. 3:52
6. 5:38
7. 5:45 on Flowers

Again... Its time for you to stop talking now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I think it comes down to this. We played a game against a fairly good divisional opponent on the road, and did more than enough to win, including the defense looking better than it has before.

The inconsistency in the running game, as well as the OL concern me some, but I think we can figure some of that out.

I agree. We actually put together a good first half for once. We'll need that next week. Even thought we didn't put up 40+ it's not like we laid an egg. One costly TO (PM) and our defense is getting better each week. I'll take that win against a streaking team on the road. Next week is for real, PM or not.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Helicopter wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

I agree. We actually put together a good first half for once. We'll need that next week. Even thought we didn't put up 40+ it's not like we laid an egg. One costly TO (PM) and our defense is getting better each week. I'll take that win against a streaking team on the road. Next week is for real, PM or not.

I also think our defense matches up better against Kansas City than it does against San Diego. KC has no WR/TE threats. We can play man-to-man on the outside and focus on stopping Charles.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Is it possible that next week's 9-0 @ 8-1 battle is an average team against a plain bad team?

God you would think we lost with the way people are talking around here.

We beat a good division opponent and possible playoff team, on the road in a hard fought game. Why does that suddenly make us less impressive.

Also, I don't like the Chiefs at all, but they are not a "bad" team.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: