Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10: Denver Broncos @ SD Chargers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8368
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
I don't even think you get my point. My point is that our RBs SHOULD block more often instead of making them run, it's not just Ball, it's Moreno too. Moreno should be blocking more often than not but he isn't. He is just running routes most of the time.

To argue the point you're making, its as if you dont even understand the game of football. If the running back doesnt run a route every time a pass play is called, the defense will just send guys on blitz every play. You run the route, to keep defenders out of the backfield.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5207
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
This team still needs to learn how to close out games. Peyton should not be exposed to those kinds of hits in a situation where you just run the ball.


You know how I feel about it. Been sounding like a broken record for a few games now.

PM's getting beat up badly. MRI scheduled for tomorrow. Not good.
Article attached:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9957924/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-get-mri

It doesn't get easier for PM in the next 3 weeks. Both the Chiefs and Pats can get after the QB. Both top 5 in sacks and QB hits.

If Gase keeps putting PM in a "chuck and duck" mode Osweiler will finish out the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe_is_the_best


Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 6935
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The loss of Clady is really starting to hurt. Figuratively and literally.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5207
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:
1234567 wrote:

Hate to say this, but I see KC beating us next week. For the last month, we've been winning on pure talent differential, but you can't count on that forever. There is a lot of sloppiness that needs to be addressed in a very short amount of time.


Theyve been winning by playing third stringers. They are not winning next Sunday.


Well, KC, just to be fair, we've played about the same schedule. Things get tough for both teams starting now.

Also, one thing I think will have some bearing. Andy Reid has his teams well prepared after a bye week. His HC record after a bye is 13-0.

Just sayin'.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8368
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
The loss of Clady is really starting to hurt. Figuratively and literally.

Not exactly.

Chris Clark has played very well of late. Would I love to have Clady back? ABSOLUTELY. But Chris Clark isnt the problem. The problem to me is health. They all look pretty banged up and slow to process defensive alignments, which is disconcerting following a bye week.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe_is_the_best


Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 6935
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:
The loss of Clady is really starting to hurt. Figuratively and literally.

Not exactly.

Chris Clark has played very well of late. Would I love to have Clady back? ABSOLUTELY. But Chris Clark isnt the problem. The problem to me is health. They all look pretty banged up and slow to process defensive alignments, which is disconcerting following a bye week.
I wouldn't say he's the problem and I agree he's played well under the circumstances. However, several times he's gotten beat like a turnstile and it's led to fumbles. Part of that is on Manning but those would not have happened with Clady. Also (and this is coincidental) Manning tweaked his ankle on a play Clark gave up. That's not to say he is to blame for Manning's injury woes, as he's getting battered behind this line.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheChosen186


Joined: 07 Sep 2013
Posts: 1047
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:
1234567 wrote:

Hate to say this, but I see KC beating us next week. For the last month, we've been winning on pure talent differential, but you can't count on that forever. There is a lot of sloppiness that needs to be addressed in a very short amount of time.


Theyve been winning by playing third stringers. They are not winning next Sunday.


Well, KC, just to be fair, we've played about the same schedule. Things get tough for both teams starting now.

Also, one thing I think will have some bearing. Andy Reid has his teams well prepared after a bye week. His HC record after a bye is 13-0.

Just sayin'.....

Those stats are so meaningless. He is on a completely different team now than what he had in the past.

The KC-Denver game will be a grind out game though. Our defense will have to keep up and win it for us I think.
_________________

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8368
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand how I missed this argument while scrolling through.

TheChosen186 wrote:
No he didn't. DT never catches it in press because he is soft. All of his completions are either screens or off man coverage where he runs a sloppy route.


TheChosen186 wrote:
DT is Torrey Smith with the size of Brandon Marshall, a good/top 10 WR but really flawed.


TheChosen186 wrote:
He is just average at it which is bad for someone with his expectations which is a top 7-10 WR in the NFL. DT is soft and gets owned in press. He can only beat coverage if they are off man.



Chosen, are you honestly going to argue these points following a game where Demaryius caught 7 passes for 108 yards and 3 touchdowns?

How can you even sit there and argue that?

If you want to be taken seriously around these forums, you have to make a better argument than what you're making. Saying "DT cant break a press" following a game where the Broncos won and he was the most effective WR this team had, is just plain stupid. I'll wait to confirm the "cant break press-man coverage" till all-22 comes out, but he did the entire BAL, PHI, JAX, IND and WAS games.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheChosen186


Joined: 07 Sep 2013
Posts: 1047
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Chosen, are you honestly going to argue these points following a game where Demaryius caught 7 passes for 108 yards and 3 touchdowns?

How can you even sit there and argue that?

He did it most of it in the first half in off-coverage.

Quote:
If you want to be taken seriously around these forums, you have to make a better argument than what you're making. Saying "DT cant break a press" following a game where the Broncos won and he was the most effective WR this team had, is just plain stupid. I'll wait to confirm the "cant break press-man coverage" till all-22 comes out, but he did the entire BAL, PHI, JAX, IND and WAS games.

Oh no, my internet reputation is going to be ruined....

He can't break press man. That is why he was pretty much irrelevant in last season's playoff against the Ravens other than his typical screen pass. It was why he was pretty much irrelevant against the Colts in SNF a few weeks ago too. They were playing him physical.

This is literally the only time I have ever seen him do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxfgJ2DF5Hc
_________________

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5207
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:
1234567 wrote:

Hate to say this, but I see KC beating us next week. For the last month, we've been winning on pure talent differential, but you can't count on that forever. There is a lot of sloppiness that needs to be addressed in a very short amount of time.


Theyve been winning by playing third stringers. They are not winning next Sunday.


Well, KC, just to be fair, we've played about the same schedule. Things get tough for both teams starting now.

Also, one thing I think will have some bearing. Andy Reid has his teams well prepared after a bye week. His HC record after a bye is 13-0.

Just sayin'.....

Those stats are so meaningless. He is on a completely different team now than what he had in the past.

The KC-Denver game will be a grind out game though. Our defense will have to keep up and win it for us I think.


Actually, the stat I quoted is not meaningless at all. It speaks to the level of preparation his teams have after a bye week.

basically every team in that span was a different team as far as personnel yet they were all well prepared and ready to play and win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8368
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
He can't break press man. That is why he was pretty much irrelevant in last season's playoff against the Ravens other than his typical screen pass. It was why he was pretty much irrelevant against the Colts in SNF a few weeks ago too. They were playing him physical.

Again...

IM NOT GOING TO ARGUE THAT HE CAN OR CANT... Because he can and does.

What Im asking you is how are you going to give a guy crap after he just caught 3 touchdowns and the Broncos won? You are making these statements as if he is the reason this team is losing, but theyre not.


TheChosen186 wrote:
This is literally the only time I have ever seen him do it.

Go invest in the NFL.com Game Rewind. It will save you a lot of time with these terribly wrong statements.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheChosen186


Joined: 07 Sep 2013
Posts: 1047
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Again...

IM NOT GOING TO ARGUE THAT HE CAN OR CANT... Because he can and does.

What Im asking you is how are you going to give a guy crap after he just caught 3 touchdowns and the Broncos won? You are making these statements as if he is the reason this team is losing, but theyre not.

Yeah he can do it. He just usually never does it, so it's futile and you mind as well just say he can't.

So because he scored 3 TDs, I can't look at his flaws? We have championship aspirations here and that is not a flaw you want to have as a WR. It means that the smarter and better teams will press him and be able to limit his production. Demaryius being a #1 WR on his team and being limited in production hurts Peyton and this offense.

Quote:
Go invest in the NFL.com Game Rewind. It will save you a lot of time with these terribly wrong statements.


Go invest in the NFL.com Game Rewind. It will save you a lot of time with these terribly wrong statements.
_________________

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8368
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Again...

IM NOT GOING TO ARGUE THAT HE CAN OR CANT... Because he can and does.

What Im asking you is how are you going to give a guy crap after he just caught 3 touchdowns and the Broncos won? You are making these statements as if he is the reason this team is losing, but theyre not.

Yeah he can do it. He just usually never does it, so it's futile and you mind as well just say he can't.

So because he scored 3 TDs, I can't look at his flaws? We have championship aspirations here and that is not a flaw you want to have as a WR. It means that the smarter and better teams will press him and be able to limit his production. Demaryius being a #1 WR on his team and being limited in production hurts Peyton and this offense.

Peyton cant throw a ball beyond 30 yards. Does that limit his production?
Knowshon Moreno doesnt run well on outside sweeps. Does that limit his production?
Danny Trevathan isnt very effective defending the run. Does that limit his production?


Again... I honestly dont think you understand the game of football. The NFL is all about situations. Putting your players in the best position possible for them to be effective. If Peyton cant throw it deep, well he better complete 70% of his passes in short and intermediate routes then. Situational football is what the NFL is all about.

Im done arguing this. Your argument makes no sense and has zero credibility.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheChosen186


Joined: 07 Sep 2013
Posts: 1047
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Peyton cant throw a ball beyond 30 yards. Does that limit his production?
Knowshon Moreno doesnt run well on outside sweeps. Does that limit his production?
Danny Trevathan isnt very effective defending the run. Does that limit his production?

lol at these analogies, just pathetic.


Quote:
Again... I honestly dont think you understand the game of football. The NFL is all about situations. Putting your players in the best position possible for them to be effective. If Peyton cant throw it deep, well he better complete 70% of his passes in short and intermediate routes then. Situational football is what the NFL is all about.

So what does this have to do with the fact that if you press DT at the LOS that he is rendered close to useless? In what situation is there, when a DB can't press him? There are specific CBs and systems that press and do nothing but press at the LOS. Again, this is why he didn't do anything against the Ravens last season in the playoffs, they pressed him and he couldn't handle the physicality.

You want an analogy? Pressing DT at the LOS is like a TE washing Dumervil on a play. Both become useless and are automatically taken out of the play pretty much.

Quote:
Im done arguing this. Your argument makes no sense and has zero credibility.

You are done because you haven nothing to backup your claims.
_________________

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ihatepotholes


Joined: 08 Mar 2009
Posts: 997
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Chosen to certain extend.

DT might be explosive, but his ball skill is less than desirable. He is pretty soft for a 6'3 230lb wr, he let those 5'11 190lb CBs abuse him at times. He should definitely learn a thing or two from Brandon Marshall. and don't get me started on Decker.

that turnaround TD with Wright on him was a joke, took DT 3 hours to turnaround Laughing. DT is big and got vertical speed, but man he is not that flexible and lack agility.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group