Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bulldog's "you are going to hate this" mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Bulldog's "you are going to hate this" mock Reply with quote

THIS IS MY MOCK

TOP 3 PROBLEMS FOR BROWNS
1. Lack of running game
2. Lack of success on 3rd down on defense
3. Lack of playmakers on offense

End of NFL calender year

Re-signed

-Be mindful that the new CBA has really disrupted the old ways of over paid FA's.

T.J. Ward- 5 years/$37M w/ $15M guaranteed. ($7.4/year)
--A very similar deal to what Rashad Jones got from MIA.
*Ward has been a stud the last 2 years and is really, really shining in Horton's defense.

Alex Mack- 5 years/$30M w/$11.5M guaranteed. ($6M/Year)
--this is a fair deal when comparing it to the newer contracts of Wood, Unger, and Sullivan.
*Some say Mack is having a down year, but I disagree. He's had 4 different guard play next to him this year and none of them have really been that consistent and 3 of them have been the suck.

Extensions

Joe Haden- 7 years/$70M w/$35M guaranteed. ($10M/year)
--The top CB's in the league make $10M/year, but none are only 24 years old. The only exception is Revis, who averages $16M/year. Haden won't get that.
*Haden isn't a INT machine, which holds him back from setting the bar in the Revis type paid CB's. But this puts him amongst the highest paid. This contract would put him in CLE through 2021 and the age of only 32.

Not retained/Free Agent

Rashad Butler- Old and time for the younger guys
Oniel Cousins- Just garbage
Billy Cundiff- The young guy takes over
Shawn Lauvao- Never proved to worth the 3rd round pick
Willis McGahee- He was just a stop gap anyways
Chris Owens- He's had spots here and there, but inconstant.

Free Agency

Pursued- Jon Asamoah
--He decides to re-signed with KC, so the Browns lose out on the best G on the market.

RB- HOU- Ben Tate- 5 years/$35M w/$10M guaranteed. ($7/year)
--This is the Browns #1 FA target and he gets a pay day and a chance to be a feature back
*The rumors are already out the FO likes him. And he fits the mold that the FO wants.

ILB- KC- Akeem Jordan- 2 years/$3.5M w/$1M guaranteed. ($1.75/year)
--Reid wouldn't give him more than vet min last year, so he bolts for a simliar defense and more money
*He's a steady mistake free type of LB that has fit in well at ILB in the 34. Browns bring him in to replace Robertson.

Jeff Byers- CAR- G- 1 year/$750K w/$100K guaranteed.
--Played in CAR last 3 years so Chud knows who him and he knows Chud.
*Has played all three inside OL spots. Provides some experience and depth on the inside with the loss of Lauvao.

TRADE
CB- GB- Davon House- Browns get House, GB gets Browns 7th round pick.
--Has played well at times, but reports of lost confidence make him expandable for GB. There's already been reports of them releasing him. The Browns send a 7th rounder their way to ensure they get him.
*He's got the Height/weight/speed down. He would come in and compete for the spot Owens had the outside when Skrine moves inside.

2014 NFL Draft

Browns end 9-7 and miss playoffs.

1- 15th overall- Cyrus Kouandjio- T - Alabama
- WHAT?! A TACKLE?? FAIL MOCK.....I know, I know. The league is a pass first league and defense are putting more and more speed rushing on the left side to attack the QB. Gone are the days of a run stopping LDE, insert pass rushers. The Browns didn't get their guy in Asamoah in FA, so they go backup plan and move Schwartz inside and draft Kouandjio to play RT, backup LT. This improves both pass blocking and run blocking from the RG position and the pass blocking from the RT position.

1- 25th overall- from IND- Ryan Shazier - LB - OSU
- WHAT?! WHERES THE QB??...fail again...... The Browns defensive woes have been on third down and covering the crossing routes. Shazier is an instinctive pass covering LB with speed to burn and gets off block well. He'll be a great piece to compete with Jordan and play next to DQ.

2- 48th overall- Louchiez Purifoy - CB - Florida
- Browns want a CB to play the boundary better. Enter Purifoy. He may not last this long, but its the draft and NFL clubs want "their" guy.

TRADE- Browns trade own 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks for 50th overall.
2-50th overall- Jarvis Landy - WR - LSU
-I think he's the second best WR in the draft. Most think otherwise. He's plays the slot dominantly at LSU, but the guy has that knack to go get the ball at the highest point and make it his. He has outstanding hands, great balance, and excellent feet and quickness. This is my draft crush.

3- 74th overall- from PIT- C.J. Fiedorowicz - TE - Iowa
- Browns bring in another TE and has good hands but is a great blocker. Chuds history includes a receiving style TE, and do-it-all TE, and a primary blocking TE. Barnidge has been so-so this past year, so Fiedorowicz comes in to compete for that spot.

4- 121st overall - from IND- Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Eastern Illinois
- I'll buy into the hype. He's a project that may never work out. He has a good, accurate arm and seems to go through progressions well. But how will he adjust to the pros? He gets to sit behind Hoyer and Campbell to find out.

6- 180th overall - Carlos Hyde - RB - OSU
Why not? homer pick. He's a big guy with good speed that helps rebuild a stable of running backs behind Tate, Dion Lewis, and Oby.

2014 Browns roster

QB- Hoyer/Campbell/ Garoppolo
RB- Tate/Lewis/Hyde
FB- Ogbonnaya
TE- Jordan/Fiedorowicz/Barnidge/Gray
WR- Gordon/Bess/Landry/Little/Benjimin
LT- Thomas/Wallace
LG- Greco/Pinkston
C- Mack/Lewis
RG- Schwartz/Byers
RT- Kouandjio/

LDE- Rubin/Winn
NT- Taylor/Kitchen
RDE- Bryant/Winn/Bryant
LOLB- Kruger/Groves
ILB- DQ/Jordan
ILB- Shazier/Robertson
ROLB- Sheard/Mingo
CB- Haden/Skrine/Purifoy/McFadden/House
FS- Gibson/Bademosi/Poyer
SS- Ward/Aubrey

K- Bogotay
P- Lanning
LS- Yount
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we trade that many picks. We will be looking for more if anything.

I hate spending that kind of money in free agency especially on a RB. We can find a cheaper option that will allow us to afford the many contracts coming up of our own.

I have not studied Cyrus closely but I did read an article about his new pass blocking move then looked into it. It is an epic fail that will be destroyed by NFL defensive lineman. Looks awesome when you see a grown as man punched to the ground, but if you watch how he opens up his body you'll understand how NFL men and the coaches scheming against it will make him look awful.

He could be great outside of that stupid move for all I know. I just know if he tries that in the NFL he will fail.

Jamison on the sig
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/10/the_slap_becomes_alabama_left.html

Here is the article.

If you have some Bama games recorded I have seen it from him half dozen or so other times.

Jamison on the sig
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/10/the_slap_becomes_alabama_left.html

Here is the article.

If you have some Bama games recorded I have seen it from him half dozen or so other times.

It probably wont work. But cyrus has some incredible feet. He sets ip on his stance incredably fast.

Theres not a single player that goes from the NCAA to the NFL that doesnt have technique issues.
pnies20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I really don't like it. Free agency is solid. No way we take a tackle that high. I don't mind picking CBs high in any draft but Skrine is a top 20 corner. If we are getting rid of a G it should be Greco.

I think we draft a WR, QB, and ILB with our 1st three picks, in that order.

MINGO ATE YO BABY!

Last edited by pnies20 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, its safe to say you nailed it with the thread title.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd tip over a car

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:

Ditto.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok my nit-picking

- you have to resign Mack and Ward, no brainers
- you dont resign Cundiff but say its time to let the young guy take over. I say with the way Cundiff is kicking you keep him and have him and Bogotay compete. Cundiff has kicker pretty well this season. Good enough he shouldnt lose his position.
- the more and more I think about it, I dont think Tate will be our RB next year. I think the FO might want to go into a different directions
- You dont draft a right tackle at #15. We can solve the right side by drafting a guard or a tackle in the mid rounds. I dont know why everyone is ready to write Schwartz off as a RT. He was great as a rookie and has struggled this season. He deserve a chance to either play with a good RG first. We can say since Luavo has come back his play has improved
- Ryan Shazier, im not sure if he is a 1st rd LB. He might be a high 2nd rd pick but thats being very nitpicky. I would love to actually draft a LB with our 2nd 1st rd pick. It be great to have 4 great LBs in Kruger, DQ, Shazier, and Mingo
- I dont feel the need to draft a DB that high. Skrine has played great as a #2 DB and should be a candidate as one of the MIP
- I like Jimmy Garoppolo pick. total sleeper
- no way Hyde makes it to the 6th rd IMO. He is too talented. I could see him being the next Eddie Lacy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h8 it, sorry
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Ditto.

Its ok. Most people don't like different. And I can't stand seeing the same mock drafts over and over again. Which is why I hardly ever comment on them. B/c they are usually the same as the other guy who just made one yesterday except for a player or two.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fail mock indeed
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
ok my nit-picking

- you have to resign Mack and Ward, no brainers
- you dont resign Cundiff but say its time to let the young guy take over. I say with the way Cundiff is kicking you keep him and have him and Bogotay compete. Cundiff has kicker pretty well this season. Good enough he shouldnt lose his position.

Cundiff has proven in his career that he is very year to year. Bogotay, I believe, was the favorite before but the injury held him back. Is what it is.

Quote:
- the more and more I think about it, I dont think Tate will be our RB next year. I think the FO might want to go into a different directions

Maybe. I think Tate is a great back and would welcome him here.

Quote:
- You dont draft a right tackle at #15. We can solve the right side by drafting a guard or a tackle in the mid rounds. I dont know why everyone is ready to write Schwartz off as a RT. He was great as a rookie and has struggled this season. He deserve a chance to either play with a good RG first. We can say since Luavo has come back his play has improved

This was my debate about how to go about this. I asked myself, "which direction improves the Browns the most?" and to me, it was moving Schwartz to RG. Not b/c he is bad at RT, but b/c I think he would be stellar at RG. Plus, he has slower feet and struggles with speed rushers routinely. playing guard will negate that. Enter a new RT. One player, two improved positions.

As far as not taking RT's that high...Just look at the league, its clearly changing. Take notice. Cherilus, Andre smith, Fluker, Fisher, Lane Johnson, Oher, Joeckel, Pugh, and Anthony Davis are all first round draft picks. So there's at least 9 NFL clubs that disagree with you. Now, not all these guys have worked out, but 5 of those picks were last year. Some will change to LT, some will stay at RT. Theres others in the league that started at RT's and moved to the left.

A NFL tackle is always in high demand, and the times are changing.

Quote:
- Ryan Shazier, im not sure if he is a 1st rd LB. He might be a high 2nd rd pick but thats being very nitpicky. I would love to actually draft a LB with our 2nd 1st rd pick. It be great to have 4 great LBs in Kruger, DQ, Shazier, and Mingo
- I dont feel the need to draft a DB that high. Skrine has played great as a #2 DB and should be a candidate as one of the MIP

I can't disagree about Skrine, but you need more than two NFL CB's in this league. You really need 4. The browns don't have a taller CB at all and Purifoy is really good in man-to-man. Just a good fit.

[qoute]- I like Jimmy Garoppolo pick. total sleeper
- no way Hyde makes it to the 6th rd IMO. He is too talented. I could see him being the next Eddie Lacy[/quote]

Your probably right about Hyde, but thats where CBS had him at, so I just threw him in there.
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is it you guys don't like? just the RT in the first? ILB? I took a WR which is a huge need, and He's my guy for this draft. Browns already have a TE. Chud's history shows he doesn't carry two pure receiving TE's, as does Norv's history. Can't have too many CB's. I improved both RG and RT. Improved the weakest link on defense. Solid FA moves. With on or two curve balls.

I even took a QB!!!

Cool Haters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: