Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hypothetical J Martin
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Marcus21


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1133
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Hypothetical J Martin Reply with quote

Obviously this kid is not going to be able to return to the Dolphins!! I expect the two to mutually sever ties! If there is a way we could claim this kid, we should go all out!!! I feel we have a very mature family like locker room that would embrace this kid and allow him to flourish! I think he could develop into a nice RT for us, and that would be one less issue we wont have to address in the draft or FA!!
I realize this is all hypothetical, but I would like to get the opinion of you guys on this subject!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3718
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Hypothetical J Martin Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Obviously this kid is not going to be able to return to the Dolphins!! I expect the two to mutually sever ties! If there is a way we could claim this kid, we should go all out!!! I feel we have a very mature family like locker room that would embrace this kid and allow him to flourish! I think he could develop into a nice RT for us, and that would be one less issue we wont have to address in the draft or FA!!
I realize this is all hypothetical, but I would like to get the opinion of you guys on this subject!!


Great thought -If we could get him for 5th or 6th pick Do it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7724
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Hypothetical J Martin Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Obviously this kid is not going to be able to return to the Dolphins!! I expect the two to mutually sever ties! If there is a way we could claim this kid, we should go all out!!! I feel we have a very mature family like locker room that would embrace this kid and allow him to flourish! I think he could develop into a nice RT for us, and that would be one less issue we wont have to address in the draft or FA!!
I realize this is all hypothetical, but I would like to get the opinion of you guys on this subject!!


I think that he is a better pass blocker than run blocker, which is why he is playing LT for the Dolphins. I don't think he would fit well into the ZBS at RT.

If the Dolphins were smart, they would let go of Incognito. That guy has been terrible since he was with St. Louis. He allows more sacks than anyone.
_________________


2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6738
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a PR nightmare for the Dolphins to get rid of Martin after he has claimed he's being picked on by teammates. They need to stand up for him and support him not ship him out of town. What sort of message would that send to the rest of the team?
_________________

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62505
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dolphins are going to end up keep Martin IMO.

They will cut Richie Incognito for him and his father's hate armies towards Martin IMO.

They'd be wise to get rid of the space that is Incognito and being back Jonathan Martin.

If by some chance they don't bring back Martin, then I'd definitely look to give up a mid round pick for him.

He's a starting caliber OT with a lot of talent, he's athletic and would be great in our system. I'd love to have him at rt
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 2; Final Cuts 9; Reg Season 17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62505
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
It would be a PR nightmare for the Dolphins to get rid of Martin after he has claimed he's being picked on by teammates. They need to stand up for him and support him not ship him out of town. What sort of message would that send to the rest of the team?
exactly! We agree again! Laughing Dancing
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 2; Final Cuts 9; Reg Season 17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7724
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
The dolphins are going to end up keep Martin IMO.

They will cut Richie Incognito for him and his father's hate armies towards Martin IMO.

They'd be wise to get rid of the space that is Incognito and being back Jonathan Martin.

If by some chance they don't bring back Martin, then I'd definitely look to give up a mid round pick for him.

He's a starting caliber OT with a lot of talent, he's athletic and would be great in our system. I'd love to have him at rt


The Dolphins have given up 35 sacks this season on Tannehill, and that is the entire offensive line. Martin is not good with speed rushers nor bull rushers as he is not quick enough to get out of stance and set the edge.

Believe me when I say this, he is not good for this system and would be a terrible RT.

If you don't believe me, read this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1594330-where-will-the-miami-dolphins-get-the-most-out-of-jonathan-martin
_________________


2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62505
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
It would be a PR nightmare for the Dolphins to get rid of Martin after he has claimed he's being picked on by teammates. They need to stand up for him and support him not ship him out of town. What sort of message would that send to the rest of the team?
exactly! We agree again! Laughing Dancing
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 2; Final Cuts 9; Reg Season 17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62505
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
The dolphins are going to end up keep Martin IMO.

They will cut Richie Incognito for him and his father's hate armies towards Martin IMO.

They'd be wise to get rid of the space that is Incognito and being back Jonathan Martin.

If by some chance they don't bring back Martin, then I'd definitely look to give up a mid round pick for him.

He's a starting caliber OT with a lot of talent, he's athletic and would be great in our system. I'd love to have him at rt


The Dolphins have given up 35 sacks this season on Tannehill, and that is the entire offensive line. Martin is not good with speed rushers nor bull rushers as he is not quick enough to get out of stance and set the edge.

Believe me when I say this, he is not good for this system and would be a terrible RT.

If you don't believe me, read this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1594330-where-will-the-miami-dolphins-get-the-most-out-of-jonathan-martin
so you'd rather have Polumbus and Compton ( who can't beat out Polumbus)

There aren't that many speed rushers that come from the LDE position. I think he needs better coaching and if it came to it, a change of scenery might do him good.

Maybe he'd feel more welcome here and away from idiots like Incognito and he'd play better.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 2; Final Cuts 9; Reg Season 17


Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daboyle250


Joined: 29 Nov 2011
Posts: 4168
Location: My House
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess. I think a change of scenery can do great things for Martin, because he can associate bad memories and Incognito to Miami. I think they respectfully part ways and the Redskins come in and sign him to at least be good depth at RT until he's ready to take Polumbus's place in RT. I think the idea of having a great group of guys here in Washington can help, with positive influences like Fletcher, Hall, and Griffin can keep him focused and help him perform in a high level.
_________________

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62505
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
I guess. I think a change of scenery can do great things for Martin, because he can associate bad memories and Incognito to Miami. I think they respectfully part ways and the Redskins come in and sign him to at least be good depth at RT until he's ready to take Polumbus's place in RT. I think the idea of having a great group of guys here in Washington can help, with positive influences like Fletcher, Hall, and Griffin can keep him focused and help him perform in a high level.
good points about our lockeroom with the veterans and with the young leader hair and high character players we have as well.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 2; Final Cuts 9; Reg Season 17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 6225
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would they dump him and not Incognito? Not the first time Richie's been caught being an assclown.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daboyle250


Joined: 29 Nov 2011
Posts: 4168
Location: My House
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Why would they dump him and not Incognito? Not the first time Richie's been caught being an assclown.


Maybe because Martin is uncomfortable in that environment, and the Dolphins want to completely move on and act like it never happened.
_________________

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marcus21


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1133
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling this goes way beyond what we know now! Incognito was obviously not the only one harassing Martin! Also the Dolphins as a franchise knew this was going on and did nothing! I can't imagine how they could restore this relationship! Now weather or not he would be a food fit for our scheme is another debate! I personally think he would be an upgrade to Polumbus and has room to grow!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mike23md


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 7724
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Why would they dump him and not Incognito? Not the first time Richie's been caught being an assclown.


Maybe because Martin is uncomfortable in that environment, and the Dolphins want to completely move on and act like it never happened.


Who is worth more to the team, a lousy G who plays like his name, or a talented young LT.

Incognito will be released. He has always been a problem since his days in St. Louis. Nothing has changed. He is a stinky pile of cow dung. And I am glad that he is suspended.
_________________


2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group