Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could the turnstile at coach be over? Chud thread...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Could the turnstile at coach be over? Chud thread... Reply with quote

I don't want to overreact to a nice win, but I must say that Chud has impressed me, even during the losses.

He's had plenty of reason to lose his composure during the season, but he seems to handle adversity well. 3 different starting QB's, trading Richardson, no running game, handling the press. He just seems to make sound decisions that not only put us in a position to win, but he also has the support of the players.

Obviously, winning cures a lot of things, but it's more than just winning a few games. He's aggressive, and it's not just a stubborn philosophical thing (that a lot of coaches do). He truly adjusts things based on who's on the field. No doubt that he trusts Campbell more than Weeden, and the overall approach reflects that. Even small things like going all out at the end of the half. 9 seconds left, fairly deep in our own end, and he's still calling a pass and setting up the Hail Mary. And finally, I LOVED it that we went for it on 4th and 1 with 3 minutes left, at midfield, up 3. Many (most) coaches punt it there, and I loved the aggressiveness.

Truly hoping that he is the long-term answer, and the initial marks are very good.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
cattleman78

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to give him credit for bringing in Horton and Turner. Some young coaches would not want to bring in established coaches like that. They would be afraid Turner and Horton would be looking over his shoulder. Shows he has confidence in himself and puts the team first.

Ultimately Chud is like any other coach tied to what our won-loss record is. He is also tied to what Banner,Lombardi etc. do in the 2014 off season. We have a very good core of players. With all of our draft picks Brown's brass must deliver.

Say what you will but the two things we need the most is a long term q.b. first and foremost and we need a strong running game. I know it is a passing league but we still need a lot better running game.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From some of the things I have read it seems line the players absolutely love playing for him

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't jinx it!!!!

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has done a nice job so far, and is surrounded by a good cast... Something that we have not had in quite some time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Don't jinx it!!!!

Agreed. Laughing Laughing

Seriously though, he came in saying he envisioned the Browns to be attacking and aggressive, offensively and defensively. And they have been just that. Give credit to Horton & Norv as well, but Chud has done an adequate job managing game-day as a first year HC.

He doesn’t play coy with the media on the injury front, or conceal who is going to start at QB, he has been pretty transparent yet when he wants to play it close to the vest, he is firm without coming off as a d0ucher. I think players like him and it helps that he has actually played football. 4-5 is nothing to brag about, but given the obstacles this year, he has done a good job. If we can establish consistency at the QB position and allow players a few years to learn 1 system, the sky is the limit for this young talented team.

And hats off to Lombardi and Banner. Most of all, thank you Jimmy Haslam, he is an owner who broke this operation down from the bottom up. Fan experience, spent money on a good front office with experience, and most importantly, holds guys accountable from the players to the beer guys. Things are on the up and ups gents.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Don't jinx it!!!!

Seriously though, he came in saying he envisioned the Browns to be attacking and aggressive, offensively and defensively. And they have been just that. Give credit to Horton & Norv as well, but Chud has done an adequate job managing game-day as a first year HC.

He doesn’t play coy with the media on the injury front, or conceal who is going to start at QB, he has been pretty transparent yet when he wants to play it close to the vest, he is firm without coming off as a d0ucher. I think players like him and it helps that he has actually played football. 4-5 is nothing to brag about, but given the obstacles this year, he has done a good job. If we can establish consistency at the QB position and allow players a few years to learn 1 system, the sky is the limit for this young talented team.

And hats off to Lombardi and Banner. Most of all, thank you Jimmy Haslam, he is an owner who broke this operation down from the bottom up. Fan experience, spent money on a good front office with experience, and most importantly, holds guys accountable from the players to the beer guys. Things are on the up and ups gents.

Compared to what were normally used to from new head coaches 4-5 ain't bad

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

NickZambo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Don't jinx it!!!!

Compared to what were normally used to from new head coaches 4-5 ain't bad

Agreed, but it is nothing to brag about.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
bigdogsandiego

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with all the positive points on Chud! He is home grown, played TE and D in high school and college, played NFL TE, coached at all levels, and is motivated to win for CLE/OH, players, and staff.

He trusts his coaches and admits his mistakes. He plays to win and tells it like it is with humility. He leads by example as he works surprisingly hard/long hours like Banner and Lombardi. Sure he has made some mistakes but not the same mistake twice.

The players play for him for a reason and I would surely like to hear some of the heated "chats' he has one on one.

Give me a coach the players will go to war with, and I will give you a winning coach.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

always have loved chud, was really scared when we traded away trent because i thought that would put chud on a short leash with the fans. im glad he's our coach, i think he's got the ears of the young players- he coaches with confidence and the players feed off of him. IMO he's the next sean payton.
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind Chud went to the U around the time the NCAA was cracking down on them for the Swagger.

He was there in 87 when they won the National Title with Jimmy Johnson along with Erickson in 1989.

So he has the swagger of the U with some of the tendencies of Jimmy Johnson.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His coaching alone may have won us 2 games this year so far. Couple that with the fact that he puts so much faith in his players, which I believe makes the players love him, and I think he's a winner.

I think he and Norv are a good balance of good guy vs. bad guy leading the offense. Players know they are expected to execute and will be held accountable for their mistakes, meanwhile they also seem to know that their coaches will do everything possible to put some faith in the players.

I never had any issues with Chud when he was in Cleveland before, and I truly believe he is in his dream job. It's great for everyone involved, including us as fans.
2013: 36 Tackles - 5.5 Sacks -1 FF - 1 FR - 4 PD -2 STF
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the way he coaches and I hope he's here for the next 20 years.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
I love the way he coaches and I hope he's here for the next 20 years.

Yup.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great Chud article in the PD. his aggressive approach on both offense and defense is not only a welcome change to the fans but it has gotten the players fired up too. its nice to see DQ praise Chud and note the difference between now and years past.

also included a stat i found surprising...
Quote:
The Browns lead the league in fourth-down attempts (19) and conversions (10), rank second in sacks (31) and will likely break a string of five seasons with at least 11 losses.

i expect those numbers to keep growing. when Haslem reacted with such disgust at Shurmur punting on 4th and 1 last year (i forget which game. Indy maybe?), that marked the end of conservative play by the Browns imo.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/11/cleveland_browns_players_respe.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: